ennui
General Manager
And1: 955

Re: Reason for Slide - Kobe Misses his Mentor 

Post#181 » by ennui » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:01 pm

you cant even troll right,

You were in the same draft class as kobe if im not mistaken

so youre a peer
C'mon, you apes! You wanna live forever?
eckoner
Sixth Man
And1: 208

Post#182 » by eckoner » Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:06 pm

Yeah bring him back because we need someone else to point the finger at!
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#183 » by EArl » Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:19 pm

No Derek we are not letting you back to the Lakers nice try.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Re: What Exactly Is The Issue? 

Post#184 » by kobe808lak » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:12 pm

I'm sorry but Pau is no longer a great player... Whether it be the injuries or age, he just can't get it done anymore. You can say the scheme doesn't fit him and I would agree but just watch him out there, he can barely move and doesn't get any lift.

Watch his possessions in the post- he cannot finish anymore, looks at the ref every time after throwing some garbage at the rim. It is kind of sad. That isn't MDAs fault although I think he is a terrible coach.

Pau is finished, they need to package him for pretty much anything they can get at this point.

Who thought this bench would be any good?? Jodie Meeks and Jamison?? Just sad.

Why not an energy guy like Kenyon Martin and an athletic guy in Delonte West?
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Re: What Exactly Is The Issue? 

Post#185 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:40 pm

1. terrible coaching
2. terrible defense
3. terrible chemistry
mikhail1991
Junior
And1: 9

Post#186 » by mikhail1991 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:51 pm

Portland fan here, I come in peace. Not trolling.. Just curious, why are you guys calling this guy Derek?? lol lol
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Re: Kobe failing as a leader and destroying Lakers confidenc 

Post#187 » by GeneralNash » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:01 pm

Well Kobe did it again. Mouthing off to the media and basically putting Shaq over Kobe....and basically agreeing with Shaq saying Dwight is soft. I got to tell you, Dwight is not soft. He is pushing and shoving guys all the time. Calling him soft doesn't help the situation. Kobe is delusional, and he is not only dividing the team, but he is making a fool of himself, and ruining the Lakers chances.

You do not go after the one other guy that is producing decent numbers night in and night out. Kobe's ego is way too huge at this point, it's going to be very hard to build a team around him. Hopefully these guys can make up and start getting things together. But once again, Kobe showing immaturity, throwing out low blows to Dwight, when he should be throwing them at Pau Gasol.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#188 » by TyCobb » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:02 pm

We'll take you as an assistant coach though, Derek.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#189 » by Kilroy » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:36 pm

mikhail1991 wrote:Portland fan here, I come in peace. Not trolling.. Just curious, why are you guys calling this guy Derek?? lol lol

We hold these truths to be self-evident...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TheFix
Banned User
And1: 98

Post#190 » by TheFix » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:54 pm

The problem with Kobe's leadership skills is that he doesn't know how to build positive relationships with anyone.

I've heard plenty of talk over the years that he has basically no close friends. Maybe that allowed him to focus on his game, but it killed his ability to befriend and positively encourage teammates.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#191 » by Slava » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:59 pm

GeneralNash wrote:Well Kobe did it again. Mouthing off to the media and basically putting Shaq over Kobe....and basically agreeing with Shaq saying Dwight is soft. I got to tell you, Dwight is not soft. He is pushing and shoving guys all the time. Calling him soft doesn't help the situation. Kobe is delusional, and he is not only dividing the team, but he is making a fool of himself, and ruining the Lakers chances.

You do not go after the one other guy that is producing decent numbers night in and night out. Kobe's ego is way too huge at this point, it's going to be very hard to build a team around him. Hopefully these guys can make up and start getting things together. But once again, Kobe showing immaturity, throwing out low blows to Dwight, when he should be throwing them at Pau Gasol.

Stop this shtick. Next time you will receive a warning.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#192 » by Run-MKE 311 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:32 pm

Not a bad thought, but given his age and experience, Kobe should not need a mentor at this point.

The way this team has been assembled is turning out to be garbage, Kobe is on an island right now.
Ball so hard.
kobeaki
Veteran
And1: 6

Post#193 » by kobeaki » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:39 pm

TheKiteDesigner wrote:Kobe and his mentor got swept in 2011 by the Mavericks. Guess again about that slide Derek.

To be honest, that was after three straight finals trips, performing at the highest level.

I give that team a pass , especially since Dallas was on tear, and killed everyone that year.

Everything else here is fairly spot on, though fish was always some kinda good luck charm for Kobe.
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

XuDa wrote:Magic, Bird and the other 80#s HOF'ers were holding the league back and stunting it's development big time.

:lol:
LA_Sports
Junior
And1: 12

Post#194 » by LA_Sports » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:17 am

I don't think it really matters now, but Kobe always played his most productive for the team when there was a strong personality to balance him out. That usually came from the coach though.
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#195 » by GeneralNash » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:12 am

Dwight denied the stories, there is no beef between Dwight and Kobe.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#196 » by EArl » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:09 am

Nash is suppose to be playing that personality.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
LA_Sports
Junior
And1: 12

Post#197 » by LA_Sports » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:47 am

eablinksum wrote:Nash is suppose to be playing that personality.

Yeah, who knows though... Maybe even though Nash and Dwight were their former team leaders, they just concede to the will of Kobe due to the fact he has been here so long and won so much.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#198 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:51 am

Rookie poster exposes that he's a Clipper fan, that was the only reason for this post. Plus he doesn't realize the difference between mentor and peer. How can Fish be Kobe's mentor when they came in the league together ?
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 96

Post#199 » by Jaykoolzboy » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:00 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Rookie poster exposes that he's a Clipper fan, that was the only reason for this post. Plus he doesn't realize the difference between mentor and peer. How can Fish be Kobe's mentor when they came in the league together ?

It has nothing to do with age. It's the personality.

Back to the topic, IMO Lakers can't be worse than they are right now, maybe bring Fisher back will make a difference. Imagine Fisher point his finger to Kobe and Dwight, I don't think they will have problem with that. Lakers need someone like that.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#200 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:11 am

Jaykoolzboy wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:Rookie poster exposes that he's a Clipper fan, that was the only reason for this post. Plus he doesn't realize the difference between mentor and peer. How can Fish be Kobe's mentor when they came in the league together ?

It has nothing to do with age. It's the personality.

It still wouldn't make Fish Kobe's mentor......more like allies. Some need to define mentor.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers