ImageImageImageImageImage

Earl Clark?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Re: Earl Clark? 

Post#201 » by EArl » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:28 pm

I am going to be pissed if he gets away. Clark is becoming my favorite player in the Lakers. I was angry when we let ariza leave.

It seems whenever we win a championship we always have a guy that does everything on the court.
In the three peat Rick fox/was the guy IMO, ariza /Odom in the next one and Ron Artest/Odom in the last one. Can Clark be that guy?
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#202 » by The Laker Kid » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:31 pm

Let's offer Earl Clark the max... maybe he'll turn himself into a superstar
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#203 » by milesfides » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:49 pm

This guy has been huge for us, if only because he is the only thing keeping Jamison from playing 40 minutes a game.

Really, he's a great fit for D'Antoni because he's a stretch four, he can hit the three, he can rebound, he can guard multiple positions, he's young, plays hard, moves without the ball, fits well with Kobe and Nash.

One thing he has to work on is his core/legs; he should finish much better around the rim, he needs to get a little stronger, more explosive; he should work out with Blake Griffin over the summer.

He and Jordan Hill are two solid pieces in the frontcourt. Starter-quality. That's great for our future. Wouldn't be surprised if Jim and Mitch decide to dump Gasol's contract to pay for Clark, and later, an extension for Hill.

In fact, the way the league is right now, I'm comfortable with Clark and Hill as our main frontcourt guys. If we get more help at SF and PG, and shore up our bench, we'll be in business.

If I were GM, the emergence of Earl Clark and Jordan Hill would make me re-evaluate what I would be looking for in a Gasol (and/or Howard) trade. It's impossible to get equitable big man value for Gasol and Howard. Instead of looking among the Brook Lopez's or Bargnani's, I'd take a look at game-changing guards and forwards. A lot of great perimeter talent in the NBA right now.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#204 » by Slava » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:14 pm

That's a very good point and that would have been my preference when trading Bynum in the first place. Its much easier to find game changing talent in this league at the swing-man and point guard positions than with bigs.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#205 » by GAME TIME » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:24 pm

We got Metta World Peace over Ariza, because of the great job he would do to guard against the big small fowards in the NBA like a Lebron, Pierce and Melo.. So far this season MWP has been getting torched by all three. Peace defense has declined a lot and I don't know if he is slowed by injury, but Earl Clark is a better defender than Peace at this point.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#206 » by Jajwanda » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:40 pm

I haven't seen any of the NBA SFs overpower or blow by Clark outside of Durant on a few plays. I think he's one of the few players that has them beat in size with lateral quickness on his side.
louizzle
Junior
And1: 77

Post#207 » by louizzle » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:20 am

I love Clark, I personally think he's better than Jordan Hill because he stretch the floor better and guard more positions. They both have that hustle for every ball mentality though.
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect
And1: 225

Post#208 » by Bo Outlaw » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:16 am

I told you
iQon
Senior
And1: 168

Post#209 » by iQon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:14 am

Guy's a beast. Logged in just to say that.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#210 » by Beethoven » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:52 am

Clark is so much better than Howard , pound per pound. Howard's a disgrace. So fed up with him.

Hooray to earl Clark. Hooray to earl Clark. Love him. This thread is for you. He just shuts up, goes out on the court, and plays like he is being paid a million dollars.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
salmahayek
Senior
And1: 5

Post#211 » by salmahayek » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:23 pm

I would be more than happy with Clark and Hill as two of the three rotation players at center and power forward.

If Howard walks, you would still have Gasol for next year and I think the Lakers could be very competitive with Gasol, Clark, and Hill as our bigs - assuming they are all healthy.

If Howard re-signs with the Lakers, I think signing Clark and Hill to be his running mates long term would be very prudent.

As D'Antoni has had the Lakers playing a lot better lately, I think if everyone is back next year (Howard & Gasol), they could still compete for the title, but re-signing Clark has to be a priority no matter what else the roster may look like.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers