Earl Clark?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Re: Earl Clark? 

Post#41 » by semi-sentient » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:57 am

Agreed. The only place for Pau is behind Howard or on another team. He hurts us by starting at the 4.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Post#42 » by TheHartBreakKid » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:06 am

Can one of you stat geeks tell me how are defense is doing when Hill plays next to Dwight? I would like to think that is our best fc lineup. I think ideally you start Hill and Dwight, with Clark being the first big off the bench, and Pau is traded for a wing/guard or two.
tysonironmike
Senior
And1: 5

Post#43 » by tysonironmike » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:21 am

The thing i'm excited about is seeing Earl Clark start with Howard.

Can you imagine us running the floor with 2 bigs in Howard and Clark? I feel it could really change the dynamic of our offense and of course Clark will do a better job on D than Pau does, Even if thats not saying much..
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#44 » by Kilroy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:44 am

I'm high on Clark too... But let's not get too crazy... Frankly, I'm not sure I see him as a starter, and I don't see him as an adequate replacement for Pau.

I would be fine giving him Jamison's minute though... And maybe even a few more if he keeps it up.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#45 » by DRK » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:46 am

MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by semi-sentient » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:05 pm

wafer88 wrote:Can one of you stat geeks tell me how are defense is doing when Hill plays next to Dwight? I would like to think that is our best fc lineup. I think ideally you start Hill and Dwight, with Clark being the first big off the bench, and Pau is traded for a wing/guard or two.

This is the best that I've been able to find in terms of how our starting lineups have done: http://www.basketball-reference.com/tea ... 3/lineups/

Sort by PTS, but also take note of the minutes so that you can sort of make mental adjustments.

What you'll see is that the top 9 results are with Pau NOT starting at the 4. I don't think that's any sort of fluke. We're clearly better when Howard and Gasol are paired with either Metta or Hill.

Everyone but D'Antoni has probably noticed that by now.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#47 » by crazyeights » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Everyone go and check out 82games.com and Pau's PER production at PF/C and his eFG%.

They are night and day. If the head coach for the freaking Lakers can't move a supposed great teammate to the bench by convincing him it's the best move for the team to turn this around then Pau Gasol doesn't deserve to be on this team. This is the NBA. The amount of sensitivity over logic has been appalling. Especially after Pau watched Lamar do the same thing to clear a spot for himself.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by semi-sentient » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:03 pm

crazyeights wrote:The amount of sensitivity over logic has been appalling. Especially after Pau watched Lamar do the same thing to clear a spot for himself.

+1
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,670

Post#49 » by dockingsched » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:18 pm

has pau said anything about coming off the bench? i know he's said something about wanting to be in the game at the end, but i don't recall any comments about a 6th man role or being against the idea.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by semi-sentient » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:27 pm

Pau hasn't, but D'Antoni hinted at it. I can't find the quote but he said something to the effect of possibly having Pau back up Howard off the bench when he returned from his injury.
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 78

Post#51 » by JustAwesome » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:19 pm

I don't understand these games that D'Antoni plays with Gasol.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#52 » by Jajwanda » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:56 am

You have to strongly consider benching Pau so that he comes in as someone to keep the Laker's backup unit afloat while Kobe-Nash aren't on the floor together.

I'll take the:

PG- Nash
SG- Bryant
SF- MWP
PF- Clark
C- Howard

It's a very good group. Keep Pau's minutes low, somewhere around 28 mpg. Increase Clark's playing time.
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#53 » by GeneralNash » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:23 am

It has been reitterated time and time again pau needs to come off the bench. This allows to get dwight more touches, and should remedy the 2nd quarter issues if Gasol can still perform well as a center. It is not about who is starting...it is about winning games. Dwight and pau in at the same time just isn't balanced

Sent via tapatalk 2
therobg125
Banned User
And1: 1

start earl? 

Post#54 » by therobg125 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:02 am

should we start earl clark and have pau be our 6th? earl is hustling...shooting well compared to other lakers and playing consistant....pau does none of this...but maybe being the man off the bench can somewhat resurrect his soft as$ talents...
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Re: start earl? 

Post#55 » by GAME TIME » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:24 am

Earl Clark is dope.

Better defender, shot blocker and more versatile in his ability to help out on defense. His activity on defense, and offense is much needed and seems more comfortable on the perimeter.

Gasol offense has been nothing special this season. Gasol needs to prove himself once again, I prefer him to come off the bench and play center and earn his way back into the starting line up.
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#56 » by supaflash » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:27 am

It makes too much damn sense. Our defense and spacing is nice with him in at the 4. Pau needs to be the backup 5 now. I'd like to see us pick up a stonger 4 to help Pau on defense. Jamison can be used in spurts as well as Metta at the 4 but I do not want to see Pau and Jamison out at the same time ugh...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#57 » by Kilroy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:34 am

I'm going to temper my expectations and say he's bound to come back to earth a little bit, but for now, why not...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#58 » by GAME TIME » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:35 am

Love his versatily on defense. He can guard multiple positions. Sometimes when Pau is stuck on an island on pick and rolls, Clark got some length and athleticism to hang with the smalls.
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#59 » by Cashin out » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:43 am

Dude is a poor man's Lamar Odom.

Can handle the rock,can pass,can play defense,he is all hustle.May be the spark we need to turn the season around.

Nash
Kobe
Metta
Clark
D12

Let Pau be the 6th man and make our bench stronger.
LA_Sports
Junior
And1: 12

Post#60 » by LA_Sports » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:54 am

It might help out in the spacing and rotations having Pau off the bench. Plus at this point what do they have to lose... Try anything to win.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers