ImageImageImageImageImage

Earl Clark?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Re: Earl Clark? 

Post#121 » by GAME TIME » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:10 am

Edrees wrote:imagine if we had both hill and clark healthy. it would be hustleville

Hill probably won't see any playing time with Clark blowing up
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,227

Post#122 » by EArl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:34 am

We would probably trade gasol if we had Clark and Hill.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#123 » by laduane1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:45 am

6'10 and he hits 4 out of 5 three pointers. Just think if he got more playing time sooner, Lakers might have had more wins. Plus he is only 25 years old. Hope he is here for a long while.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,750

Post#124 » by ROballer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:52 am

eablinksum wrote:We would probably trade gasol if we had Clark and Hill.

Rightfully so...gotta get some flexibility at the very least

If we keep Gasol,no way we keep Clark in the summer....he's a FA and some team will throw 4-5 mil at him for sure
With the high payroll,no way we'll match that
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,297

Post#125 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:13 am

clark's getting more un-re-signable by the game
The Boot Room
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#126 » by The Boot Room » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:01 pm

laduane1 wrote:6'10 and he hits 4 out of 5 three pointers. Just think if he got more playing time sooner, Lakers might have had more wins. Plus he is only 25 years old. Hope he is here for a long while.

if he keeps playing like this he is gonna have pretty good offers next summer. I doubt lakers will be able to match them.
Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Post#127 » by Tee212 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:41 pm

lets not overrate him just yet and dont forget hes playing with players that draws so much attention. reminds me of devon georges % sky rocketed playing with the lineup of shaq/kobe/payton/malone.

With that said...clark done no wrong so far! he knows where to be/lil mistakes/no plays drawn for him/makes ft's/guard multiple positions/hustles on d/blocks shots/does a lil bit of everything we need. Its just a perfect situation at the perfect time.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#128 » by JohnVancouver » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Agree Tee2 - Clark has been waiting for a chance and a good situation since day one, and credit to him for being ready to capitalize on it. He's alos improved his court sense and IQ greatly since he came in with PHX.
But we all loved him there, despite rookie mistakes and a tendency to rely on his jumper over everything else.
Really happy for the guy, and he might be smart and stick with LA. There'll be a way to sign him
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#129 » by LApwnd » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm

maybe he'll surprise us like Hill did and stay for a lil less, after all he's been on 2 teams now and neither one was condusive to his skills until now. He's still young enough if things do work out with Antoni for the long run, Clark, Howard, Hill can be a solid young/athletic front court for the forseable future.
tenten
Junior
And1: 32

Post#130 » by tenten » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Devin George #2
George had great numbers starting with the 4 other greats
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#131 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:55 pm

LApwnd wrote:maybe he'll surprise us like Hill did and stay for a lil less, after all he's been on 2 teams now and neither one was condusive to his skills until now. He's still young enough if things do work out with Antoni for the long run, Clark, Howard, Hill can be a solid young/athletic front court for the forseable future.

The thing is, if we're serious about cap room, it might have to be next to nothing...
Oddly, Clark's future might be directly tied to what happens with Pau even if he doesn't get traded with Pau. Because if we take on a long term contract with Pau, it might be more likely that we sign Clark long term too... If not, I just don't see us signing him to multi year contract even if he was willing to play for 5-6M a year. Which I highly doubt he would be.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#132 » by Run-MKE 311 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:55 pm

He is a decent piece for right now, we will see where the rest of the season goes.
Ball so hard.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#133 » by LApwnd » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:41 pm

Kilroy wrote:
LApwnd wrote:maybe he'll surprise us like Hill did and stay for a lil less, after all he's been on 2 teams now and neither one was condusive to his skills until now. He's still young enough if things do work out with Antoni for the long run, Clark, Howard, Hill can be a solid young/athletic front court for the forseable future.

The thing is, if we're serious about cap room, it might have to be next to nothing...
Oddly, Clark's future might be directly tied to what happens with Pau even if he doesn't get traded with Pau. Because if we take on a long term contract with Pau, it might be more likely that we sign Clark long term too... If not, I just don't see us signing him to multi year contract even if he was willing to play for 5-6M a year. Which I highly doubt he would be.

Gerald Green exploded last year with NJ and all he got was $3mill/yr. I think teams are more weary now to give anyone long term high value contracts anymore without a history of success. I thought Hill was gona get 5-6mill too based on his rebouding abilities.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#134 » by ROballer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:47 pm

^ Ariza got the MLE putting up worse numbers than Clark

Although he performed great in the playoffs ,where it counts,so I give him that..

But if Clark continues his solid play throughout the whole season,he'll get 4-5 mil a year at the very least from a team,that much I'm sure

His numbers since he became part of the rotation(12 games)

11,4 ppg
9,2 rpg
2,1 apg
0,9 bpg

50% FG ,61% 3P

All in 30,4 MPG

Jeff Green got like what...4 yrs/36 mil? And I'd personally take Clark over Green
Not saying he'll get as much but at least half of that is plausible....and with Lakers rocking a 100+ mil payroll(if Dwight resigns,Gasol isn't traded,MWP isn't amnestied/traded) the Lakers won't have the luxury to pry him away from more tempting offers

LApwnd
Banned User

Post#135 » by LApwnd » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:01 pm

ROballer wrote:^ Ariza got the MLE putting up worse numbers than Clark

Although he performed great in the playoffs ,where it counts,so I give him that..

But if Clark continues his solid play throughout the whole season,he'll get 4-5 mil a year at the very least from a team,that much I'm sure

His numbers since he became part of the rotation(12 games)

11,4 ppg
9,2 rpg
2,1 apg
0,9 bpg

50% FG ,61% 3P

All in 30,4 MPG

well that was BEFORE the current CBA and like I said Gerald Green in NJ avg. 12.9 shooting similar fg% but that 3pt% that Clark is putting up isn't gona last.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#136 » by ROballer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:08 pm

What did Green (Gerald)do besides scoring?Nada...

Clark plays D ,rebounds, surprinsingly good passer out of the post and he's even hitting his open shots and 3's(another surprise) at a decent clip(to say the least)...of course his 3P percentage won't last,but I'll be impressed even if he hit slightly better than half of what he's hitting now,considering the fact that he made 2 3's in his career before this season

And I gave you another example in Jeff Green

Clark's gonna get paid....

LApwnd
Banned User

Post#137 » by LApwnd » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:13 pm

ROballer wrote:What did Green (Gerald)do besides scoring?Nada...

Clark plays D ,rebounds, surprinsingly good passer out of the post and he's even hitting his open shots and 3's(another surprise) at a decent clip(to say the least)...of course his 3P percentage won't last,but I'll be impressed even if he hit slightly better than half of what he's hitting now,considering the fact that he made 2 3's in his career before this season

And I gave you another example in Jeff Green

Clark's gonna get paid....

Jeff is not a good example, he's a different case altogher, Bos was just stupid :lol: ...........If Clark gets overpaid so be it, we all know how it worked out for Ariza :D
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#138 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Gerald Green is 6'8" and 2 years older with 2 more seasons in the league to show something, and has only really turned it on recently... I'd say Clark is playing better right now and has more up side... Plus teams seem to pay to keep LA from keeping it's free agents. I still say someone is going to give him around 7M... Which is over-paying but how many 6'10" players are there with Clark's skill set and upside? He's kind of one of the few guys out there than can bother Durant a little too.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#139 » by GAME TIME » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Kilroy wrote:He will be offered more than we think is reasonable and will go somewhere else.
Book it.

I'd love for him to stay but I just am not sure we want to invest in a player like him for the long run in this financial market.

In fact, as much as I don't want to see him go, it might make sense to try to trade him as an expiring.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jUBbCgMWmE[/youtube]
SportsandTacos
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#140 » by SportsandTacos » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:24 pm

his current play really reminds me of trevor ariza
OneWhoKnocks wrote:Any ridiculous trade scenario made up by a Laker fan may be one-upped by Mitch Kupchak in actuality. It's pretty scary.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers