Earl Clark?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Re: Earl Clark? 

Post#21 » by AdonisDeMarion » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:28 am

ahwi_quacoe wrote:
Bo Outlaw wrote:Hehehehe Clark > God > Kobe > MWP > Ebanks > Poop > Duhon > More Poop > Even More Poop > Jamison

I think you left out some Poop before Jamison

My dude I feel over laughing just couldn't help but laugh
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer

Post#22 » by AdonisDeMarion » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:53 am

His play tonite was out of this world. I'm glad Howard, Gasol and Hill are out now because Clak showed that he could defend almost anyone, from guarding Duncan (4-13 fg) to guarding Ginobili at times and causing problems for him as well.

I really think Clark can play that defender role we need for those 3 that are too fast for Bryant and MWP. He also showed that he can step out and isn't scared to drill those 3 that we need to drill. His energy alone tonite was the reason we stayed in the game, he got eveyone else going.

Clark

9-12 fg (75%)
1-3 from downtown only 33% ( the one he made was the one we needed the most)
13 rebounds
3 dimes
3-4 ft (75%)
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,973

Post#23 » by PerkinsFor3 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:18 am

He can also pass the ball VERY well from the high post and low post. Something D'Anonti loves. He could try to mold Clark into his new Diaw.
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#24 » by laduane1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:54 am

Just shows, give the players some time. WTG EC..
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#25 » by GeneralNash » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:40 am

Man, this guy is long, has good ball control, and makes transition buckets on his own, good shooting, makes very few mistakes...this guy really needs to start, and he needs quality minutes.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#26 » by tugs » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:39 am

The Lebron and Durant stopper?
The Boot Room
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#27 » by The Boot Room » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:10 pm

tugs wrote:The Lebron and Durant stopper?

lakers won't need one of those if they don't start to win games soon. lots of them.
EnigmaticProblem
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Post#28 » by EnigmaticProblem » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:17 pm

tugs wrote:The Lebron and Durant stopper?

I don't know about those guys, but he did a great job on Ginobli (to the point where he was passing it up).

If anyone watched him in college, they'd know he has very solid handles for his size, real good athleticism, and excels at cutting. I wouldn't mind a line-up with him and Dwight manning the paint. We'd finally have respectable pNr defense.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#29 » by ROballer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Great game by Earl,but knowing D'Antoni's short rotation,I bet he'll get benched again once the 3 bigs return
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#30 » by Gek » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:40 pm

He couldn't cover up Nash's PnR D like Howard could though because he's not the shot blocker, but he hustled last night and played well. If he's not a 1 hit wonder he should get time with Howard/Hill and should give the FO more confidence on pulling a Pau trade.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#31 » by semi-sentient » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:24 pm

He's a solid man defender but his help defense seemed weak as hell. I think people are going overboard with this "he played amazing defense" thing. He was solid but missed quite a few rotations that led to easy baskets for the Spurs. Of course he does need some time to adjust and develop chemistry, but until he shows he can play some solid help defense there's no reason to rave about his defense.

Having said that I'd like to see him start for a few games even when Howard does get back. His energy and hustle is going to energize the rest of the team and he seems more than competent offensively. Let Pau/Hill/Metta lead the charge off the bench.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
XtotheDeezy
Veteran
And1: 1,790

Post#32 » by XtotheDeezy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:26 pm

I think we should trade Pau for some shooters and defense guys and have Hill/Clark/Jamison at the PF. Jamison can also do the SF if he chooses to.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,025

Post#33 » by RamonSessions7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:30 pm

XtotheDeezy wrote:I think we should trade Pau for some shooters and defense guys and have Hill/Clark/Jamison at the PF. Jamison can also do the SF if he chooses to.

Hill Clark Ron. Jamison can do the bench.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#34 » by semi-sentient » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Jamison is 100% trash and should never see any court time.

If we were to trade Pau for athletic wing defenders and shooters then we really would have zero reason to play him anyway. I suspect that we'd beef up our 2/3 spots if Clark were indeed a keeper.

Edit: I'd like to see us try out the following FC rotations:

Howard / Pau
Metta / Hill / Pau
Clark / Metta

Howard and Metta have played extremely well together, as have Pau and Hill. Those are the FC pairings that we need to focus on. Clark would get the start at the 3 with Metta backing him up. I don't know how the minutes would work out but that's what I'd like to see us try.

We're screwed in terms of our backcourt defense so the rotations don't matter either way.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Baby Bop
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#35 » by Baby Bop » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:54 pm

semi-sentient wrote:Jamison is 100% trash and should never see any court time.

If we were to trade Pau for athletic wing defenders and shooters then we really would have zero reason to play him anyway. I suspect that we'd beef up our 2/3 spots if Clark were indeed a keeper.

Edit: I'd like to see us try out the following FC rotations:

Howard / Pau
Metta / Hill / Pau
Clark / Metta

Howard and Metta have played extremely well together, as have Pau and Hill. Those are the FC pairings that we need to focus on. Clark would get the start at the 3 with Metta backing him up. I don't know how the minutes would work out but that's what I'd like to see us try.

We're screwed in terms of our backcourt defense so the rotations don't matter either way.

Howard (32) / Pau (16)
Metta (16) / Hill (22) / Pau (10)
Clark (24) / Metta (16) / Kobe (8)

idk if this is 100% correct with the minutes, im just bored in class
RIP Jerry Buss
Baby Bop
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#36 » by Baby Bop » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:56 pm

im going to make some trades now...
RIP Jerry Buss
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#37 » by Mamba Venom » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:19 pm

Clark balled like crazy last night. He has potential for sure.

What ever happened to Ebanks after he got his DUI??? He started for us last season!

Sacre has Kwame hands. It was so painful to be put through that again. Heck it was even more painful that Nash kept passing him the ball hoping he could catch the ball. Sacre cost us the game last night. He should go back and develop. nbaDL
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by AdonisDeMarion » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:45 pm

If Clark can play at such a rate, I'm all for seeing what we can get for Gasol, you know just window shopping.
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer

Post#39 » by AdonisDeMarion » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:14 pm

semi-sentient wrote:He's a solid man defender but his help defense seemed weak as hell. I think people are going overboard with this "he played amazing defense" thing. He was solid but missed quite a few rotations that led to easy baskets for the Spurs. Of course he does need some time to adjust and develop chemistry, but until he shows he can play some solid help defense there's no reason to rave about his defense.

Having said that I'd like to see him start for a few games even when Howard does get back. His energy and hustle is going to energize the rest of the team and he seems more than competent offensively. Let Pau/Hill/Metta lead the charge off the bench.

SF:Bryant/MWP
PF:Clark/Hill
C:Howard/Gasol
SG:Meeks/Morris
PG:Nash/Duhon

Nash- PG
Duhon- PG/SG
Morris- PG/SG
Bryant-SG/PG/SF
Meeks- SG/SF
MWP- SG/SF/PF
Clark- SF/PF/C
Ebanks- SF/PF
Gasol- PF/C
Jamison- PF
Howard- C
Hill- C/PF

I wish MDA would change something up with the rotations now
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#40 » by crazyeights » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:43 am

Just watched the game. Clark was obviously having a great shooting night, but I'm surprised at how deep his range was. When I saw he had 22 points, I figured they were mostly garbage/putback stuff. He seems genuinely talented and he's on a contract year.

At this point we either need to move Pau to the bench and play him at C, or we need to trade him. Jordan Hill and Clark are just plainly better to play PF minutes for MDA. I think Clark's game would complement Dwight's much better too.

If Pau wants to be a Laker, he needs to come off the bench. Otherwise, he needs to accept that he doesn't fit on this team anymore. Mitch can't be sentimental about this, it's jut what needs to happen.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers