Re: Trade Pau pt. 3 - 'the hunt is onnnnn...!!!' 

Post#301 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:51 pm

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,466

Post#302 » by dockingsched » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:05 pm

that didn't just happen. such disrespect.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#303 » by EArl » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:39 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Randolph is like the anti of everything D'Antoni has been prophesying for years.

Randolph can shoot the three so he can Space Howard. IDK. Im frustrated with Pau at the moment. Im kind of glad Pau got elbowed in the nose. I hope that lights a fire under his ass.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#304 » by EArl » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:39 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Randolph is like the anti of everything D'Antoni has been prophesying for years.

Randolph can shoot the three so he can Space Howard. IDK. Im frustrated with Pau at the moment. Im kind of glad Pau got elbowed in the nose. I hope that lights a fire under his ass.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,188

Post#305 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:14 am

Wait are you talking about Zach Randolph lol? He cant shoot from the perimeter. 13% for his career, 27% this season. Pau has way more range than him.
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#306 » by Cashin out » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:36 am

eablinksum wrote:Don think its happening but I heard a rumor of Randolph and Gay for Gasol MWP and Jamison. Have not seen if salaries match.
Do you have a link?

I would do that deal in a heartbeat,but I don't see Memphis doing that deal at all.
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#307 » by rand0m » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:17 am

Memphis FO would have to be insane to do that.
Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 130

Post#308 » by Nanogeek » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:25 am

Levity wrote:rationale going into the trade

BOS: theyre looking for a big body that can both score in the paint and rebound. They also have an a crowded backcourt of serviceable players they could be willing to move

LAL: Mike D's offense is insistent that the teams PF stretches the floor for its center. Serviceable depth at the pg position is still needed

UTA: They have two frontcourt players who require minutes which takes away minutes from their two front court players of the future. If those players are moved, Utah can start to really develop their future big men. With mo will out, the jazz could use more depth at the pg position

BOS sends out: bradley, terry, green
BOS receives: Big Al, Ebanks

LAL send out: Gasol, Blake, Ebanks
LAL receives: Milsap, Terry, Marvin WIlliams

UTA sends: out Milsap, Big Al, Marvin WIlliams,
UTA receives: Bradley, Green, Pau, Blake

I tried making this trade using the espn trade machine, but seeing as jeff green is injured on it, i wasnt able to actually add him. but looking at the numbers, the trade should work

How does this help Boston? A big al/kevin garnett front court could really do some damage in the east. Also, this could potentially give them the upper hand in a play off series vs miami, if the two teams were to meet again. Ebanks could fill in for the back up 2/3 spot.

Why LA does this? Depending on who you ask, it seems like gasols time in la is over. So by bringing in milsap/m williams, the lakers are able to stretch the floor better on offense, and millsap brings energy and movement to the 4 spot, that we dont see in pau all that often. Terry seems like the type of player that could benefit from running Mike D's offense

Why Utah does it? It seems to me that many utah fans want both big al and millsap gone. by doing this trade, they get rid of both of those players, allowing favors and kanter to start at the 4 and 5 and have a 3 big front court rotation with pau coming off the bench to fill either spot. They also get a better scorer at the 3 in jeff green, and get a young pg/sg in bradley who should fit in nicely with mo williams out for a month, and lastly, they get steve blake to come off the bench as a back up pg. And though taking back a 19 million a season pf to come off the bench may seem like a head scratcher. It really isnt. This gives the jazz a good oppurtunity to make a play off run with paus veteran leadership guiding this young team off the bench. and if by next season, the jazz see no reason to keep gasol, which most likely they wont, then pau becomes a 20 million dollar expirer to trade or have come off the books.

No way Boston goes for this. Give up Avery and Terry for a guy who thinks defense is what keeps his dog in the backyard?

Utah balks also. They won't accept Green's contract.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,414

Post#309 » by Slava » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:36 am

:rofl: I'm renaming the thread.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,188

Re: 1-800-SAVE-GASOL 

Post#310 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:41 am

That's a invalid number. :P
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,414

Re: 1-800-SAVE-PAU 

Post#311 » by Slava » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:45 am

Fixed
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Re: Lakers @ Clips PG Thread - Trade Pau pt. 3 

Post#312 » by Kobe System » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:56 am

dockingsched wrote:probably trade pau for anything right now

EXCEPT BARG OR AMARE

AND BOOZER.

But I'm still hoping Pau can get his ish straight. I hope he's just having some kind of injury and still not 100%. I still refuse to believe that he sucks this much after playing very well in the Olympics.
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Re: 1-800-SAVE-PAU 

Post#313 » by GeneralNash » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:47 am

Pau looks done. 1 800 trade pau

Sent via tapatalk 2

Return to Los Angeles Lakers