ImageImageImageImageImage

1-800-SAVE-PAU

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Re: Pau couldn't start for any team 

Post#81 » by Doormatt » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:55 am

budinger is out the whole season isnt he? plus i think the wolves really like him going forward.
#doorgek
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,464

Re: Lakers @ Clips PG Thread - Trade Pau pt. 3 

Post#82 » by dockingsched » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:57 am

kirilenko/barea/roy's soon to be expiring for pau/morris or ebanks or DJO
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
ennui
General Manager
And1: 955

Post#83 » by ennui » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:58 am

dockingsched wrote:probably trade pau for anything right now

EXCEPT BARG OR AMARE OR BOOZER

fixed and agree

srsly some depth will do it, our core of nash/kobe/d12 is enough starpower
C'mon, you apes! You wanna live forever?
mjba
Analyst
And1: 121

Post#84 » by mjba » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:00 am

richboy wrote:It was clear tonight what the future holds for the Lakers. The best lineup was the small lineup. They had the speed on defense and could spread the floor on offense. Artest has the foot speed of a PF now. Kobe has the speed of a small forward. They need more scoring and speed on the perimeter. They are going to trade Gasol for Speed and shooting on the perimeter. Move Artest to PF and Kobe to SF. I could see something like

Pau Gasol for

Ben Gordon
Gerald Henderson
Byron Mullens

obviously, we're not going to get this, but what'd ya think?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#85 » by dockingsched » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:01 am

mjba, change the title to just "Pau trade ideas" or soemthing, its basically come down to that after the game.

anyway, like i posted over in the GT, i don't see any reason why the lakers would be able to get that offer, way too good for LA.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#86 » by richboy » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:04 am

I just posted that I think Artest moves to PF. Kobe moves to SF. They use Gasol to add scoring to the bench and athleticism and speed to the perimeter. I could see something like Gasol to the Bobcats for Ben Gordon, Gerald Henderson, and Mullens. The cats get a legitimate scoring big that can go back to being a number 1 option. The Lakers get Ben Gordon who could start or come off the bench. Henderson can play both SG and SF. Mullens gives you a shooting big man and a back up for Howard.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
mjba
Analyst

Post#87 » by mjba » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:04 am

dockingsched wrote:mjba, change the title to just "Pau trade ideas" or soemthing, its basically come down to that after the game.

anyway, like i posted over in the GT, i don't see any reason why the lakers would be able to get that offer, way too good for LA.

lol. agreed
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by dockingsched » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:06 am

richboy wrote:I just posted that I think Artest moves to PF. Kobe moves to SF. They use Gasol to add scoring to the bench and athleticism and speed to the perimeter. I could see something like Gasol to the Bobcats for Ben Gordon, Gerald Henderson, and Mullens. The cats get a legitimate scoring big that can go back to being a number 1 option. The Lakers get Ben Gordon who could start or come off the bench. Henderson can play both SG and SF. Mullens gives you a shooting big man and a back up for Howard.

agree with everything in your post about the lakers direction, just don't like the trade idea. MWP is def. slow for a SF now, but at PF he's decent.
mjba
Analyst

Post#89 » by mjba » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:08 am

richboy wrote:I just posted that I think Artest moves to PF. Kobe moves to SF. They use Gasol to add scoring to the bench and athleticism and speed to the perimeter. I could see something like Gasol to the Bobcats for Ben Gordon, Gerald Henderson, and Mullens. The cats get a legitimate scoring big that can go back to being a number 1 option. The Lakers get Ben Gordon who could start or come off the bench. Henderson can play both SG and SF. Mullens gives you a shooting big man and a back up for Howard.

dude, personally, i would fly over form Australia if i thought i could help make that trade, but we're just not getting that kind of 'value' (lol @ that notion for those guys) for Pau at this point.

and we can't really showcase him right now because we are right in the middle of the meaty part of our schedule. AND we can;t win when he's on the floor, IMO, so we are pretty much fugged
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Re: Trade Pau pt. 3 - 'the hunt is onnnnn...!!!' 

Post#90 » by ROballer » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:09 am

Jack/Landry for Gasol/Blake

Nice dream :lol: :lol:

At this point I'd take Bass/Barbosa
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#91 » by No-Man » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:09 am

dockingsched wrote:kirilenko/barea/roy's soon to be expiring for pau/morris or ebanks or DJO

Minnesota wouldnt do that

They want to pack Roy expiring, Barea, Pekovic and DWill for Gasol and a shooter, probably in a 3 way trade.

So you need to find a team that get Roy, Barea and Pekovic and give a swingman to the Lakers, plus Williams.

Thats a realistic one.

Kirilenko no.
mjba
Analyst

Post#92 » by mjba » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:11 am

what about an expiring guy like Milsap (probably another pipe, but just for e.g.)? see how he pans out til the end of the year and just eat it if he wants more than we can offer - which Milsap, specifically, will.

edit: also not a great fit, but i'm just throwing ideas out there...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by dockingsched » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:12 am

u have the wolves valuing kirilenko more than the value pek? or even pek + dwill?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by dockingsched » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:14 am

mjba wrote:what about an expiring guy like Milsap (probably another pipe, but just for e.g.)? see how he pans out til the end of the year and just eat it if he wants more than we can offer - which Milsap, specifically, will.

would love millsap, but i think the jazz want more long term assets at other positions. don't think they want a 20mil aging player getting in the way of favors/kanter developing. they could just keep millsap to block the way and be much cheaper and better.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#95 » by No-Man » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:15 am

dockingsched wrote:u have the wolves valuing kirilenko more than the value pek? or even pek + dwill?

Eeee why they would want Gasol, Pek and Love?

Pek is a RFA, my bet is that they dont want to give him 10-12 so... they'd find a guy for 2 years in Pau, and avoid the issue one more year.

Kirilenko is better than Pekovic, worse upside obviously, but a main key in defense and offensive flow.

They want Roy, Barea or Ridnour, Williams and Pekovic out, and get a Center in a reasonable deal (Vareajao, Gortat, Gasol) and a shooter.
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#96 » by richboy » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:17 am

mjba wrote:what about an expiring guy like Milsap (probably another pipe, but just for e.g.)? see how he pans out til the end of the year and just eat it if he wants more than we can offer - which Milsap, specifically, will.

I like Milsap but why would Utah trade a PF for another PF/C. Seems like if Milsap is gone its to make room for Favors and Kanter.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
mjba
Analyst

Post#97 » by mjba » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:18 am

dockingsched wrote:

would love millsap, but i think the jazz want more long term assets at other positions. don't think they want a 20mil aging player getting in the way of favors/kanter developing. they could just keep millsap to block the way and be much cheaper and better.

i don't know. iirc, al jef also expires this year. pau would be a great role model for the younger, skill guys. maybe for kanter cus he's euro, ha.

ahhhhh. who am i kidding? you're right. fugg
ChuckTaylors310
Junior
And1: 8

Post#98 » by ChuckTaylors310 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:19 am

Michael Beasley ASAP!!! We don't want Pau, they don't Mike. Don't care if they're in the division.
ƒï!ï!ïi¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#99 » by Cashin out » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:19 am

Gasol/Meeks for Wallace/Humphries/Brooks?

Kobe/Dwight/Nash is enough scoring we just need some guys to bring energy and play defense.Brooks would be a nice backup to Kobe.

Nash
Kobe
Wallace
Hill
D12

Wallace is all heart and hustle aka Crash
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#100 » by DrewBynum77 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:20 am

dockingsched wrote:probably trade pau for anything right now