1-800-SAVE-PAU

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Re: Trade Pau pt. 3 - 'the hunt is onnnnn...!!!' 

Post#241 » by semi-sentient » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:16 am

Lakers-Texas wrote:This is funny. People are saying Pau Gasol is not the problem. What happened in the 4th quarter of the Clippers game? Pau benched we limited them to 20 points that quarter and we scored 31.

Yep, and that was very telling.

Griffin was eating Gasol's ass up in the 1st half. He was backing him down easily and blew right by him several times for dunks/layups as Pau didn't bother contesting the shot. Odom schooled him several times as well. Notice how he never leaves his feet and is always late when challenging a shot? Every. Single. Time.

He also spends entirely too much time bitching about contact and as a result we get burned in transition because he's continually late getting back.

He gave up several lobs as well because he kept losing sight of his man, and he wasn't even attempting to box out. Just pathetic defense no matter how you slice it.

When the Lakers got within 4 in the 2nd quarter it was Gasol who gave consecutive scores to Griffin. The first play was Griffin blowing by Pau for a dunk + FT and the second play was an alley-oop thanks to Gasol completely losing him. Several plays later Nash plays some great defense on CP3 but Barnes gets an offensive rebound + FT's because once again Pau fails to box out. So basically he single-handily killed the Lakers momentum by not bothering to play any defense.

In the 3rd quarter it seemed like our entire FC sucked defensively as Griffin went off. CP3 also went off but it was largely because the help defense sucked. Gasol, Metta, Howard, and Hill all did a poor job. The only two guys who played consistent defense last night were Kobe and Nash, sadly.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#242 » by Cashin out » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:43 am

What's up with this rumor that LA/Boston/Sacramento are close to a trade?

I think LG has the rumor but I can't see it because I got banned from that site,anybody know if the rumor is legit?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,646

Post#243 » by dockingsched » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:49 am

lakers dealing with the Kings and the Celtics...at the same time?

c'mon now
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#244 » by tugs » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:51 am

First time he'll be the focal bigman in offense if Dwight does not play so he bettet not waste his chance. and while Dwight is bitching about something, I realized that if Pau gets dealt and Dwight walks, 2014 season would be interesting.

But since we still have a year of Dwight, how about dealing Pau for a big that can complement Dwight and an insurance if ever he walks?

Gasol for Bogut and Landry.2 year deals. yes very unappetizing to look at but if Bogut gets healthy, it could work.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#245 » by Kilroy » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:51 am

dockingsched wrote:lakers dealing with the Kings and the Celtics...at the same time?

c'mon now

That would be a true indication of how far we've fallen.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Cashin out
Banned User

Post#246 » by Cashin out » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:58 am

dockingsched wrote:lakers dealing with the Kings and the Celtics...at the same time?

c'mon now

I was thinking the same thing,we can't be trading with our 2 rivals.

Do you know who started the rumor is he legit or just another fake rumor?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#247 » by dockingsched » Sun Jan 6, 2013 5:02 am

Cashin out wrote:

c'mon now

I was thinking the same thing,we can't be trading with our 2 rivals.

Do you know who started the rumor is he legit or just another fake rumor?

not a whisper of it on my twitter feed, so i give it 0 credibility. i'm assuming it was just a trade idea someone thought up.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,442

Post#248 » by Slava » Sun Jan 6, 2013 5:09 am

I hope Terry gets traded to Sac town with that leprechaun tattoo.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LA_Sports
Junior

Re: Pau as a role player 

Post#249 » by LA_Sports » Sun Jan 6, 2013 5:16 am

KB24TBOTB wrote:
TARIQ wrote:His game is the low block, face his man, one dribble left or right. He's got great moves. I don't know why MDA has him near the FT line or on the 3point line, Pau's morale has to be at a all time low, stop blaming the guy hes being used WRONG WRONG WRONG

No one stop him from butting the ball on the ground and taking it strong to the rim. Oh wait, he has, and gotten blocked by the likes of Big Baby. I'm sorry but this is Pau's fault. If he isn't playing well because his "moral is at an all time low" well then I don't know what to tell ya.

Pau is too slow and injured to be able to blow by guys on the perimeter. Do you think he could honestly beat guys like Griffin (or any quick 4) off the dribble? He has to get the ball on the inside to be effective. Face it he is being used wrong and getting the ball in spots that only breed ineffectiveness. But Pau does need to try and suck it up.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#250 » by semi-sentient » Sun Jan 6, 2013 5:18 am

dockingsched wrote:im looking at a rotation like this:

howard 35 / gasol 13
mwp 20 / hill 20 / gasol 8
kobe 22 / mwp 16
meeks 32 / kobe 16
nash 34 / blake or duhon 14

yeah pau is down to around 20, but them the breaks

I like the lineups but the minutes might be too much for Kobe, Nash, Metta, and Meeks.

I dug through a few different sites earlier and it appears that Howard/Metta and Gasol/Hill are FAR more effective than Howard/Gasol. I'd drop Metta down to around 30 and give Hill/Gasol a few more minutes.

I'm not sure if I like Meeks playing that many minutes either. His defense has been pretty awful and he's just not a consistent enough from the outside to warrant that much PT. He's fairly useless as a cutter as well. Kobe's also at 38 minutes in that scenario. I really think we should give Ebanks some burn so that we can keep Kobe at the two spot. Give Kobe around 34 minutes there and let Meeks have the remaining 14. Ebanks gets the start at the 3 so that we have a Nash/Kobe back-court which is how it should be.

Spacing might be a concern, but Nash gets guys such easy looks that I'm confident Ebanks and Metta will hit their open shots at a decent rate, and Ebanks is a good cutter so Nash would certainly get him a few dunks/layups.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#251 » by dockingsched » Sun Jan 6, 2013 5:23 am

with the minutes breakdown i went with what i thought was realistic in regards to nash/kobe/howard, and to me thats d'antoni continuing to max out their minutes as much as possible. howard have him at 35 just cause of the foul trouble he's bound to get in.
LA_Sports
Junior

Post#252 » by LA_Sports » Sun Jan 6, 2013 5:35 am

semi-sentient wrote:
dockingsched wrote:im looking at a rotation like this:

howard 35 / gasol 13
mwp 20 / hill 20 / gasol 8
kobe 22 / mwp 16
meeks 32 / kobe 16
nash 34 / blake or duhon 14

yeah pau is down to around 20, but them the breaks

I really think we should give Ebanks some burn so that we can keep Kobe at the two spot. Give Kobe around 34 minutes there and let Meeks have the remaining 14. Ebanks gets the start at the 3 so that we have a Nash/Kobe back-court which is how it should be.

Spacing might be a concern, but Nash gets guys such easy looks that I'm confident Ebanks and Metta will hit their open shots at a decent rate, and Ebanks is a good cutter so Nash would certainly get him a few
dunks/layups.

From all accounts coming out I think the thought of seeing Ebanks play any meaningful minutes in the near future isn't going to happen. I think he is one the guy Dantoni has locked down to the end of the bench.
kimbobrand28
Senior
And1: 47

Post#253 » by kimbobrand28 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 6:59 am

The Sac/C's/LA trade is not going to happen....
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#254 » by DrewBynum77 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 9:18 am

Simba248 wrote:Just browsing through the thread and I find it extremely funny that the same people that were giving me **** for the topic that I put up a few days back are the same ones that are giving up on Pau now.

Are you the guy that said Pau wouldn't start for any team? If so I still believe what you said was dumb.

I said on this own thread: Mitch is screwed up because gasol will put up ~17/11 elsewhere, I have no **** doubt about it.

Pau just can't produce on the Lakers anymore for many reasons (primarily because he lost his confidence and can't handle the pressure here, not just because he's playing OOP).

So yeh, I still believe he would start for at least 20 teams in this league.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,813

Post#255 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 6, 2013 9:24 am

Kobe reps Team Gasol. Team Dantoni, 0.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#256 » by PerkinsFor3 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 1:06 pm

Sorry mates, haven't watched the whole season, but Hill surprised me. Has he been playing that well all season? Might as well have him as your starting C or PF next year if you basically need rebounds, defense, hustle and some post points. He'd have to improve his high post game a lot to play PF though.
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#257 » by Gek » Sun Jan 6, 2013 3:26 pm

#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
jerkslo
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#258 » by jerkslo » Sun Jan 6, 2013 3:51 pm

Random Gasol thoughts:

Sadly, I was watching the Clips game wishing they'd be willing to flip us their guys that haven't played for Gasol.

Odom (who has played)
Grant Hill
Billups

I'd be willing to take Boozer and change at this point.

I'd be even willing to flp him to ATL for just Korver and maybe Teague and a bad big.
therobg125
Banned User
And1: 1

ok um wtf has happened to pau? 

Post#259 » by therobg125 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:25 pm

ok so pau goes from being the pippen (soft version) of a 2 time championship team....then out of nowhere he grows even softer....after the 2 peat did he just stop caring?.....he wants to stay in la, but doesn't want to hold himself accountable for miserable play.....nobody has ever told pau he had to score 50 million points but people have always just wanted to see a passionate gasol...i mean if you're going to be soft, atleast bring something to the table here...but what has made gasoft soo terrible? (then again i've never been a gasol fan, he's always just been a soft b*tch to me since his first run in with kg in 07-08)....but i don't know, sorry if this post is already here and i just come off complaining.....but i'm just losing what little respect i've ever hadfor pau, and i'm really pissed off about this season....soo it's either he lacks passion and doesn't care, or just not that talented anymore....oh and as for off-court drama and injuries...just look at how kobe has handled that....he still plays with passion, so i'm tired of gasol's crybaby ways.....
therobg125
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: ok um wtf has happened to pau? 

Post#260 » by therobg125 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:26 pm

yeah you can go ahead and lock this up....i just read it and it seems more like a rant ( i was trying to make this a discussion...but my disdain and hatred for pau's soft ways always cause me to go off).....sorry guys

Return to Los Angeles Lakers