ImageImageImageImageImage

1-800-SAVE-PAU

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

LUUUKE
Sophomore
And1: 43

Re: Trade Pau pt. 3 - 'the hunt is onnnnn...!!!' 

Post#121 » by LUUUKE » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:59 am

I don't know the numbers but wouldn't we still be able to offer the max to lebron if the situation arises?

Even with Dwight millsap and Nash?
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#122 » by No-Man » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:01 am

LUUUKE wrote:I don't know the numbers but wouldn't we still be able to offer the max to lebron if the situation arises?

Kobe is getting 15m$ year easily... and there is a thing called cap hold...
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#123 » by Cashin out » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:06 am

Guys I think we can get over the big names Jsmoove/Milsap/Aldridge/etc.. Pau valueis at a all-time low.Expect a couple of role players back for Pau if we trade him.

Pau for Nene/Ariza
Pau for Calderon/Bargnani
Pau for T.Young/Wright
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#124 » by Michael Lucky » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:11 am

Philly arent giving us young. Barg is worse than Pau yes even this pau and Nene and Ariza are the worst possible fits for D'Antoni. :/
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#125 » by ROballer » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:11 am

Cashin out wrote:Guys I think we can get over the big names Jsmoove/Milsap/Aldridge/etc.. Pau valueis at a all-time low.Expect a couple of role players back for Pau if we trade him.

Pau for Nene/Ariza
Pau for Calderon/Bargnani
Pau for T.Young/Wright

Done
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#126 » by deNIEd » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:16 am

LUUUKE wrote:I don't know the numbers but wouldn't we still be able to offer the max to lebron if the situation arises?

Sigh.

The NBA salary cap has been $58 million for the past 2-3 years. Assume it will be $59 million in the summer of 2014.

Dwight will be looking for the max deal, he will be entitled to 105% of his previous salary ($19.261 million), however since the Laker's hold his Bird rights, Dwight can receive/and will demand 107.5% of his prior salary. Meaning his starting salary should be at $20.71 million w/ 7.5% raises.

Judging on the current market for quality (even non-quality) bigs (DeAndre, McGee, Gortat, etc.) Millsap will command a salary around $10-12 million at least. Let's say he takes the LA discount and signs for $10 million (which is not realistic at all).

Thus, on the books going into the summer of 2014
Dwight Howard - $22.26 million
Paul Milsap - $10.00 million
Steve Nash - $9.70 million
-----------------------------------
Remaining: $17.04 million.

If you use your MLE and Bi-annual exception and fill the remaining 6 players with minimum salary contracts...

Minimum cap hold - $2.94 -- THIS IS ALSO ASSUMING SIX UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS (zero NBA experience...minimum salaries increases significantly with # of years in the NBA)

So the Lakers have $14.10 to offer

*This is also assuming Kobe, Metta, Blake, and everyone else on the current Laker's squad are all gone. Unless Kobe signs for $5 million in the MLE, his rights will have to be renounced.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#127 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:19 am

All I'm gonna say in this thread is this......

There was one play early in the first half when we were trying to get back in transition. Everybody's running hard and covering space, and I can see all 9 players the only one lagging was Paulino Gasol. Go look at the the game over, it's early in the first quarter he was running hard as hell to get back. By the time he crosses half court the Clips have scored.

That told me all I need to see from him, he's done.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Post#128 » by TheHartBreakKid » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:37 am

Glad to see that everyone is in agreement that Pau needs to be traded. I'll gladly do any trade that involves us getting a couple of productive pieces, even if they are role players. Martin/Scola sounds awesome right now....too bad Martin's on another team now :lol:. Simply because we are better with Hill on the floor we should trade him
KB24TBOTB
RealGM
And1: 329

Post#129 » by KB24TBOTB » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:40 am

people seriously thinking we'll get rudy gay? wow
LA_Sports
Junior

Post#130 » by LA_Sports » Sat Jan 5, 2013 9:23 am

Fischella wrote:

Kobe is getting 15m$ year easily... and there is a thing called cap hold...

If the Lakers are offering Kobe $15 mil in 2014 then they will be terrible.
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#131 » by GeneralNash » Sat Jan 5, 2013 9:26 am

Is Nene and Ariza really a realistic option? Because if it is, that would be huge. Nene brings toughness to the paint, and a D12 / Nene combo would really shut down the painted area. Ariza would be much needed offense from the bench....but....is this realistic?

Right now we all hate Pau, but he does have a lot of value. In Dantoni's system he does not, but on a predominantly small team surrounded by excellent shooters, Pau could be an invaluable addition.
LA_Sports
Junior

Post#132 » by LA_Sports » Sat Jan 5, 2013 9:26 am

I think anything the Lakers will do will have future money in mind. From all indications they are not wanting to take on any long large contracts. So I would count any players like that out, unless it is an unbelievable deal.
AceFresh
Senior
And1: 3

Re: Pau couldn't start for any team 

Post#133 » by AceFresh » Sat Jan 5, 2013 9:31 am

Even after tonight's game people are still gonna make excuses for Gasol?
It's one thing to have the system hinder you from doing certain things, but 2 points in 20 something minutes of play?
Look at Jordan Hill - Dantoni isn't an ideal system to play for but he excels by doing other things like hustling and crashing the boards.
That's called EFFORT, something Pau Gasol doesn't sbow anymore and hasn't for a while.
Please stop making excuses for this bum, i've been on this board for years now and admired at his play, but enough is enough
stillflossin
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#134 » by stillflossin » Sat Jan 5, 2013 9:31 am

****, maybe this is just the heat of the moment (yesterday or the day before I said we can't just trade our problems away) but after another stinker in a game where everyone had to show up, I'd trade Pau for two bags of peanuts.... As long as they're fresh. And it kills me, I like the guy a lot and he was such a monster, even this summer. But here and now he brings nothing to the table except a lob to Dwight per game and the worlds most cliche interviews.

https://twitter.com/haralabob/status/287432154777006081
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#135 » by Doormatt » Sat Jan 5, 2013 9:32 am

pretty sure nobody on this board is making excuses for pau anymore. not sure what youre getting in a hufflepuff about

i do think starting jordan hill might be the answer at this point.
#doorgek
AceFresh
Senior
And1: 3

Post#136 » by AceFresh » Sat Jan 5, 2013 9:34 am

Doormatt wrote:pretty sure nobody on this board is making excuses for pau anymore. not sure what youre getting in a hufflepuff about

i do think starting jordan hill might be the answer at this point.

It's a temporary solution, but sadly the only thing where we can see some long term improvement is trading Pau
(easier said than done I know)
Sadly, i think we're going to have to wait until next season when he becomes an expiring.

it's so frustrating to watch given how sensational Kobe has been for us, yet our record is still mediocre.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#137 » by tugs » Sat Jan 5, 2013 10:07 am

Pau's value is at an all time low. I don't think Lakers can get something valuable tbh.

but since I'm bored, I came up with this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b4sbtxw
aroba
Senior
And1: 43

Post#138 » by aroba » Sat Jan 5, 2013 10:24 am

Please trade Pau, so he can beast elsewhere, far, far away from la and shout some mouths.

So who will be the next scapegoat? I'm sure it will be Nash (as I'm already hearing) or Howard. Then you'll fire D'Antoni like he's the demon on earth, then you'll realize Kobe is not playing team basketball (some of you).

Very FEW will notice in the end that there's too many problems with this team and this season is already lost.

...but then it will.be too late, because you won't have Gasol anymore.

Paulina, Gasoft, ...like Steven E would say "you are so disrespectful" with a guy that was a big part on a 3 year finals run and 2 straight championships. Streaks don't last forever, nor winning or losing. Soon you'll notice like the bulls did, what is like to be out of playoffs when you're clearly the best team not so long ago.
But that's life. And many of you are so young you didn't realize it yet and become frustrated and hate Gasol for losing.
This sounds like miseducated rich boy that's used to have everything and doesn't know how to react when is taken away. This are not real fans. They just use the lakers as a scape from their miserable losing lifes.

I'm done with those.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#139 » by ROballer » Sat Jan 5, 2013 10:27 am

tugs wrote:Pau's value is at an all time low. I don't think Lakers can get something valuable tbh.

but since I'm bored, I came up with this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b4sbtxw

I'd be all over this deal if I were the Lakers but both the Pacers and Grizzlies say no

When Granger returns,pacers would have a logjam at the wings spots with him ,Gay and George(unless they plan on moving Granger)..

The Grizzlies would most def be looking at another SF(or SG) if they move Gay...M.Gasol/Randolph and backups like Speights and Arthur are more than enough

Why not just a straight up trade West for Gasol...who says no?
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#140 » by DrewBynum77 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 10:43 am

I think only horribleteams (that don't want to be horrible) would take a chance with pau...

or can we just GAMBLE? like trust mitch bball IQ and let him trade for (supposedly) underperforming young guys? lol

I mean, a crazy **** like trading him to washington for like kevim seraphim + crawford (and fillers).

what you guys think? we can't 'win' every trade. At this point teams wont trade solid players for Gasol so JUST GAMBLE, MITCH.

DO IT!

At worst we get rid of his awful contract (even if we take new ones, lol) and start Hill which will pleasure half of this board and give more minutes to Jamison, which will please the other half..

Seriously, Mitch would need to have big cojones because if the gamble failed lol. Poor dude.

But, I repeat, at this point I'd support him.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers