ImageImageImageImageImage

1-800-SAVE-PAU

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Re: Trade Pau pt. 3 - 'the hunt is onnnnn...!!!' 

Post#141 » by ROballer » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:04 am

aroba wrote:Please trade Pau, so he can beast elsewhere, far, far away from la and shout some mouths.

So who will be the next scapegoat? I'm sure it will be Nash (as I'm already hearing) or Howard. Then you'll fire D'Antoni like he's the demon on earth, then you'll realize Kobe is not playing team basketball (some of you).

Very FEW will notice in the end that there's too many problems with this team and this season is already lost.

...but then it will.be too late, because you won't have Gasol anymore.

Paulina, Gasoft, ...like Steven E would say "you are so disrespectful" with a guy that was a big part on a 3 year finals run and 2 straight championships. Streaks don't last forever, nor winning or losing. Soon you'll notice like the bulls did, what is like to be out of playoffs when you're clearly the best team not so long ago.
But that's life. And many of you are so young you didn't realize it yet and become frustrated and hate Gasol for losing.
This sounds like miseducated rich boy that's used to have everything and doesn't know how to react when is taken away. This are not real fans. They just use the lakers as a scape from their miserable losing lifes.

I'm done with those.

Bravo..spoken like a dude who didn't see a Lakers game all year long

Go grab hands with your GB buddies and convince yourselvez that Pau is really "an 18/10 guy with great efficiency" but the Lakers hold him back

95% of the fanbase on Realgm turned on Gasol's play and yet we're all dumb as bricks and you seem to know what the real deal is...what if he sucks on another team if he's traded?What then?

The people who REALLY watch Lakers games can see that this guy is a huge liability on defense,getting lit up by every opponent ,cannot shoot from midrange from beyond consistently,he refuses to post up the likes
of Ronnie Brewer and others and when he does post up,he's soft as toilet paper and misses easy opportunities

Heck,don't need to be watchin the games,just look at some **** stats that tell the same story:

http://www.mysynergysports.com/

"Oh,but when he's traded,he's gonna be used properly in the post and he'll be beasting again"

He shoots 30.8% on post ups when he DOES post up his man
He gets .73 ppp in the post(rank 72 in the NBA)

He shoots 41% on spot ups(mostly wide open shots,due to the attention the other players get)

He shoots 44% of the pick&roll
.83 ppp(rank 69 in the NBA)

He plays no D,he doesn't even hustle back on time on D

But he's fine,the Lakers are holding him back
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#142 » by Mirjalovic » Sat Jan 5, 2013 12:04 pm

I like Pau, he is one of the smartest bigman in the NBA, & very skilled too.

but everyone who watched the Lakers should know, this guy can't play anymore. Don't know what happen to him.. remember when Pjax punchs his chest ? Even in those game, he play better than his current form.

we could get decent PF, why not try on Ilyasova + Dunleavy or fillers.. or lets ship him to Rockets, for Parsons... i believe Morey will happily accept Pau.. Pau could play well with Asik.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,367

Post#143 » by Pablo Escobar » Sat Jan 5, 2013 12:21 pm

We should have traded him when he played like crap against New Orleans a couple of years ago. This punani needs to GO
Plata o Plomo?
dinojasonkidd
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#144 » by dinojasonkidd » Sat Jan 5, 2013 1:43 pm

Pau needs to go ,it was sad watching him play last night . He is slow ,no aggression in his game .
The problem is what do you get for him ? Lakers need some youth with athletic ability and with
the amount of money he makes it going to be difficult to move . I also want to say how over-
ratted Dwight Howard is . For apparently being the best centre in the league this guy has zero
offence skill . Terrible hands ,awful foul shooter and very lazy on defence . I wish he would
get rid of that grin off his face because theirs nothing funny about his game . Injury or not
he is a total bust and I think him and Pau are the main reasons why the Lakers are losing .
LAFan24
Junior
And1: 9

Post#145 » by LAFan24 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 1:44 pm

Man Gasoft has like one good game that is followed up by three or four terrible ones. Trade him for youth/depth or just WHATEVER we can get.
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
And1: 208

Post#146 » by ShowTimeERA » Sat Jan 5, 2013 2:41 pm

Pau certainly needs to go. His time in LA is coming to an end. However, Pau isn't fading because he's old or slow - its because he's mentally fragile. At this point he's thinking too much and afraid to make mistakes, afraid if the coach is going to pull him out, afraid of what Kobe or the media is going to say, etc. He's no longer comfortable playing on the Lakers which is why he was a much different player during the Olympics with Spain. He played worried-free...

Make no mistake about it, once Pau is traded he will average 16-17/11. People may say where was that Pau, but just know that he was mentally done with the team so there should be no regrets when he's traded...
gotokyo
Rookie
And1: 283

Post#147 » by gotokyo » Sat Jan 5, 2013 2:42 pm

LAFan24 wrote:Man Gasoft has like one good game that is followed up by three or four terrible ones. Trade him for youth/depth or just WHATEVER we can get.

Same goes for his play on the court, he'll have a flash of excellence and be part of one really good play then follow it up with 4 awful ones.
billy_21
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#148 » by billy_21 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 2:50 pm

ShowTimeERA wrote:Pau certainly needs to go. His time in LA is coming to an end. However, Pau isn't fading because he's old or slow - its because he's mentally fragile. At this point he's thinking too much and afraid to make mistakes, afraid if the coach is going to pull him out, afraid of what Kobe or the media is going to say, etc. He's no longer comfortable playing on the Lakers which is why he was a much different player during the Olympics with Spain. He played worried-free...

Make no mistake about it, once Pau is traded he will average 16-17/11. People may say where was that Pau, but just know that he was mentally done with the team so there should be no regrets when he's traded...

This is exactly what has kept him on the roster.. His play in the Olympics and the fact Nash wants to work with him.. Outside of these reasons he would have been traded for the best possible package!

Don't think we have any chance of getting Rudy, Gasol has 0 trade value atm.

Watching today's game, all I could think of is what this team would of looked like with cp3 running the point..
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,659

Post#149 » by dockingsched » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:25 pm

deNIEd wrote:
DrewBynum77 wrote:
carlquincy wrote:At this point, Gasol will not be able to fetch quality bigs like Horford, Love or Aldridge.

Never thought it will come down to this, but the Boozer trade sure looked good now. :(

At the very least, Boozer gives us spacing, and also a great PNR 4.

Not even horford? If so, we are screwed lol.

just trade him for young guys, amnesty kobe and lets rebuild :lol:

Horford is better and has more value than Josh Smith...

+1, horford is a pipe dream
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#150 » by dockingsched » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:26 pm

Cashin out wrote:Guys I think we can get over the big names Jsmoove/Milsap/Aldridge/etc.. Pau valueis at a all-time low.Expect a couple of role players back for Pau if we trade him.

Pau for Nene/Ariza
Pau for Calderon/Bargnani
Pau for T.Young/Wright

nene/ariza, i think its too much money to commit to with nene

calderon/barg, yeah, barg sucks worse than pau

young/wright, money not even close to working i think, and pipe dream, lakers wish
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by dockingsched » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:28 pm

tugs wrote:Pau's value is at an all time low. I don't think Lakers can get something valuable tbh.

but since I'm bored, I came up with this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b4sbtxw

lakers wish

david west >>> pau, and you want them getting elite defender tony allen too? i wish man, i wiish
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,924

Post#152 » by tugs » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:36 pm

as I've said doc, I was bored. and was looking at contracts not lasting than 2 years. :P
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#153 » by DrewBynum77 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:50 pm

how about the gambling thing I proposed?

anyways, as someone said. pau will be a 16/10 guy elsewhere, so media will criticize every move even tho we can't play pau where he excels anymore... so we gotta trade him no matter what.

and btw, didn't horford had a knee surgery a year ago?
tugs
RealGM

Post#154 » by tugs » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:56 pm

no young, underperforming team would want to take on an albatross of a contract. and they already absorbed some (Washington). but yeah no matter what the Lakers decide on doing, they will still be criticized.
Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 130

Post#155 » by Nanogeek » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:05 pm

Pau isn't the problem. Did you know Gasol has been on the court 52% of the time and the Lakers are +5.3 vs opponents when he is on the court. And they are -0.9 vs opponents when he is not on the court?

Kobe isn't the problem. Kobe's +/- is off the charts. Kobe's PPS is equivalent to Carmelo's - so critics saying he's taking too many shots are way off.

The problem is your first coach was a guy who just relied on an athletic savant (LeBron) to make him look like a good coach and your second coach is a guy who relied on a basketball IQ savant (Nash) to make him look like a good coach. Neither of these guys has ever proven he can actually coach. What this team needs is a good coach.

Everyone knows the Lakers on paper are one of the best teams in the league. But the Lakers need a coach that can lead this team - not a coach that hopes the talent on the court makes him look like he can coach.

Dr. Buss needs to go to Phil, hat in hand, and say "I screwed up passing you over. You didn't deserve that treatment and I apologize. You're going to be my son-in-law. I'm asking you to be our coach and lead us to a championship."

Phil knows how to lead a team. He was able to coach Rodman. He was able to manage Shaq and Kobe. He can come in and have an immediate impact. Its getting close to the point of no return. D'Antoni isn't going to get these guys to gel and suddenly play 60 win basketball. Its on Dr. Buss. Get it done.
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#156 » by DrewBynum77 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:11 pm

Yeh, as I said only horrible teams that don't want to be horrible that would take him and I don't think they want to tank. They signed Ariza/Okafor and traded for nene since the last ASG. Now I don't follow other sucky teams, so we may find a 'good gambling deal --or as good as a gamble can be-- like that on other teams.

Anyways we'd have to take someone like Okafor to get 2 of their youngsters...

This works

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

(all 3 with contracts ending in 2014.. so it would be a gamble that wouldn't hurt lakers' future plans).

If seraphim was better I'd do it. But as I said, I don't follow other sucky teams, so we can find a better gamble elsewhere.

But yeh, I wouldn't want to be on Mitch's place RIGHT NOW. There's no easy way out for him.
tugs
RealGM

Post#157 » by tugs » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:16 pm

didn't save the trade :nonono:
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#158 » by kobe808lak » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:23 pm

Pau is terrible now, needs to go. The team as a whole is not assembled very well though, I'm not sure if coaching could fix it but we sure know that MDA won't do anything.
NeedForSheed
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#159 » by NeedForSheed » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:45 pm

Weren't we going to trade Pau for Rondo last season? Pau needs to be traded as he is quite literally one of the worst players I have ever seen play professional basketball. Jeff Green is the only man in the NBA who is worse, in my opinion.
Chris Duhon's Barmy Army
aroba
Senior
And1: 43

Post#160 » by aroba » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:47 pm

ShowTimeERA wrote:Pau certainly needs to go. His time in LA is coming to an end. However, Pau isn't fading because he's old or slow - its because he's mentally fragile. At this point he's thinking too much and afraid to make mistakes, afraid if the coach is going to pull him out, afraid of what Kobe or the media is going to say, etc. He's no longer comfortable playing on the Lakers which is why he was a much different player during the Olympics with Spain. He played worried-free...

THIS

Return to Los Angeles Lakers