http://www.fearthesword.com/2012/12/17/ ... ions-trade

either way we're not getting the pick.
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Re: Howard out 1 week, Pau, Hill not on road trip 

Post#22 » by supaflash » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:55 pm

Le Sigh...

Actually not THAT bad for the next couple... Asik is just a banger, fine with Sacre bangin him for a while, Metta and Jamison and Clark should be ok against Houston's forwards. Might be a chance for Clark to shine a little bit. If no Hill I'd like to see him start on Splitter on Wed...

We will just have to go small for a while.

Kenyon Martin anyone?
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#23 » by leeprettyp » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:56 pm

I told ya'll Dwight is quitting on this team. To be honest, I'm over this guy and the cancer stick he is. Lets move him and move on we only got Kobe on the books 1 more year. Lets just get ready for the rebuild. Here comes the Nick Van Exel, Sedale Threatt, Anthony Peeler and Eddie Jones years all over again. I hate players who arent about winning. Dwight was the single player who blew up this team. I'm sick of this guy. Lets move him now.

A TRUE LAKER FAN MAD
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#24 » by Cashin out » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:57 pm

eablinksum wrote:Time to trade Gasol!

Gasol will be the last person we trade,especially with Dwight injured.

*Also we better pray that Dwight shoulder injury is not that serious depending on how bad he torn it,he might have to have surgery.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,970

Post#25 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:00 pm

Welp, that pretty much flushes the 2012-13 season down the toilet.

2014, here we come!
supaflash
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by supaflash » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:00 pm

Didn't Lamar have the same injury in the '08 run? Or one year at least?
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#27 » by Jetset » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:01 pm

and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if howard is out more than a week, a torn labrum is nothing to scoff at. that's probably just an estimate, but even if he is ready to go he's going to be needing some sort of treatment.
Jetset
RealGM

Post#28 » by Jetset » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:03 pm

boom. headshot. howard's out indefiniely
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 8576.story

go ahead and edit title accordingly slava.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#29 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:07 pm

leeprettyp wrote:I told ya'll Dwight is quitting on this team. To be honest, I'm over this guy and the cancer stick he is. Lets move him and move on we only got Kobe on the books 1 more year. Lets just get ready for the rebuild. Here comes the Nick Van Exel, Sedale Threatt, Anthony Peeler and Eddie Jones years all over again. I hate players who arent about winning. Dwight was the single player who blew up this team. I'm sick of this guy. Lets move him now.

A TRUE LAKER FAN MAD

I'm frustrated, too, but he tore a muscle. WTF is he supposed to do?
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#30 » by myersia » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:09 pm

wonder if the Celtics would consider a Gasol for Garnett Swap once Gasol is healthy. I know it sounds like a crazy idea. but why not. atleast Garnet CARES.

We all need to take some time and give Kobe some RESPECT. This dude has played throug everything and won't quit on his team. Strictly my opinion, but I think Dwight is going to milk this injury.
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#31 » by Cashin out » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:12 pm

destro wrote:and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if howard is out more than a week, a torn labrum is nothing to scoff at. that's probably just an estimate, but even if he is ready to go he's going to be needing some sort of treatment.

Exactly.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by leeprettyp » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:12 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:I told ya'll Dwight is quitting on this team. To be honest, I'm over this guy and the cancer stick he is. Lets move him and move on we only got Kobe on the books 1 more year. Lets just get ready for the rebuild. Here comes the Nick Van Exel, Sedale Threatt, Anthony Peeler and Eddie Jones years all over again. I hate players who arent about winning. Dwight was the single player who blew up this team. I'm sick of this guy. Lets move him now.

A TRUE LAKER FAN MAD

I'm frustrated, too, but he tore a muscle. WTF is he supposed to do?

This is guy is tanking trust me got it on good merit.
TruthTelling
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#33 » by TruthTelling » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:12 pm

destro wrote:
Kilroy wrote:I thought the Phoenix pick is lottery protected?

there's a lot of confusion over that pick, but larry coon said that if that pick ends up anywhere from 1-14 range then it goes to phoenix. it's realgm that has it wrong. i don't know how cleveland receives it's pick, as they were slated to receive that pick before we traded with phoenix. maybe they get next year's 1st, or maybe they just lose out. dunno.

If you guys make the playoffs Cleveland gets your pick or Miami's pick whichever is better and you send Phoenix the other pick.

If you guys miss the playoffs Cleveland gets nothing, you keep Miami's pick and the Suns get the Lakers pick.

I believe your 2015 pick is also unprotected for the Suns.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by leeprettyp » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:12 pm

myersia wrote:wonder if the Celtics would consider a Gasol for Garnett Swap once Gasol is healthy. I know it sounds like a crazy idea. but why not. atleast Garnet CARES.

We all need to take some time and give Kobe some RESPECT. This dude has played throug everything and won't quit on his team. Strictly my opinion, but I think Dwight is going to milk this injury.

He is 100%
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#35 » by phx#7 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:13 pm

destro wrote:

there's a lot of confusion over that pick, but larry coon said that if that pick ends up anywhere from 1-14 range then it goes to phoenix. it's realgm that has it wrong. i don't know how cleveland receives it's pick, as they were slated to receive that pick before we traded with phoenix. maybe they get next year's 1st, or maybe they just lose out. dunno.

Cleveland only had the right to swap picks with their least favorable pick as long as the Lakers weren't in the lottery. The Lakers owe them nothing in the future if they are unable to swap the pick in 2013. Lakers own their 2014 and the Suns own the Lakers unprotected 2015 pick.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Re: Howard out indefinitely, Pau, Hill not on road trip 

Post#36 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:13 pm

leeprettyp wrote:This is guy is tanking trust me got it on good merit.

No offense, but I will not trust you. You can't tank a muscle tear. They have these guys called doctors, who do things called examinations, and, well, it's hard to fake isht like that.
supaflash
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by supaflash » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:14 pm

yeah but like I said didn't Lamar play through this same injury on his left shoulder till the offseason?
Jetset
RealGM

Post#38 » by Jetset » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:14 pm

TruthTelling wrote:
destro wrote:

If you guys make the playoffs Cleveland gets your pick or Miami's pick whichever is better and you send Phoenix the other pick.

If you guys miss the playoffs Cleveland gets nothing, you keep Miami's pick and the Suns get the Lakers pick.

I believe your 2015 pick is also unprotected for the Suns.

yeah, i pretty much eliminated the chances of us getting into the playoffs that's where the confusion with cleveland came from. thanks.
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#39 » by GeneralNash » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:17 pm

Wow. It is going to be interesting to see how Kobe and Nash respond on the court.

Earl Clark...remember the guy that made those two free throws...bring him out.

Fat lady hasn't sung yet people. 3 games behind 8th seed. Kobe and Nash are still out there so all is not lost. Maybe a new dynamic will actually prove better in the next two games.

In the end, Dwight needs rest. Pau could use some rest. This could be a good thing. Now the Lakers can actually play a little loser with a lower expectation.
Jetset
RealGM

Post#40 » by Jetset » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:24 pm

both pau and dwight are out indefinitely, pau is more standard concussion protocol though. no word on hill other than that he's out.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers