ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets

Moderators: crazyeights, Kilroy, Danny Darko, Slava, TyCobb

User avatar
ScHoolBoy B
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,035
And1: 387
Joined: Aug 06, 2010
Location: DFW
         

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#406 » by ScHoolBoy B » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:39 am

Interesting fact we are 29th in the league in fast break points and Antoni wants us to play at a up tempo pace. That's just beyond laughable.
Image
"Win another championship,” Jackson said. “Just go out and do it again. That keeps people quiet really quick.” - Phil "G.O.A.T." Jackson

aka Lakers-Texas
User avatar
myersia
Starter
Posts: 2,103
And1: 317
Joined: Feb 08, 2011
     

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#407 » by myersia » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:41 am

before the d12 trade a coworker told me that d12 will be a poison pill for your team. their is this bad aura about this team. I am starting to believe that dwight is a cancer. MDA's system is not going to work with d12 obviously. But he is our coach. We messed up when we didn't sign Adelman over Brown. We all want Dwight to work but he is more concerned about the back of the jersey instead of the front. Let's blow it up and go BIG. trade Dwight and Pau before Allstar break. I HAVE LOST IT!!!! :evil: :evil:
Michael Lucky
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,435
And1: 1,077
Joined: Jan 02, 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
   

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#408 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:44 am

Neutral 123 wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:
NoseBleedLakers wrote:Lakers give up the second most points to an opponent this season at 125 and allow Houston to shoot 55% for the game. Lakers in their own right scored 112. More than enough to win games. Who said offense was the problem? :lol:


yeah D was horrible although the PPG are complete BS here considering you're talking about the two most uptempo teams in the league since MDA took over the team. We're just bad plain and simple.

It's crazy the Lakers are an uptempo team but 29th in fast break points?????

well we're terrible at creating TOs so it makes sense.
User avatar
rayisgreat
Freshman
Posts: 64
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 17, 2004
Location: Olympia, WA

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#409 » by rayisgreat » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:45 am

User avatar
Desiderium
Starter
Posts: 2,119
And1: 50
Joined: May 11, 2006
   

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#410 » by Desiderium » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:48 am

this team is making me an alcoholic...
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 10,425
And1: 960
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#411 » by kblo247 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:48 am

No point blank we messed up when we pink slipped everyone of Phil's assistants before the last playoffs even took place. We then messed up and ignored every player and aphids suggestion of hiring Shaw and keeping the triangle to institute a culture for this team that would extend long beyond Kobe.

We then had another series of **** ups. Trading Lamar because you think he will need psychological help over giving him a sabbatical after seeing someone die, and having a loved one killed, when he's shown in the past when he lost his son all he needed was your support. We did Fisher terribly wrong and without even a courtesy call. We did Phil even worse, despite being the greatest coach in the history of the franchise and league in terms of winning.

There's the fact we said we support Mike and then fire him days later, and then half ass brought Dantoni in without an assistant of his on just his bro as a consultant.

It ain't Kobe, It ain't Mike, It ain't even Jim or Mitch .... It's Jerry and his need to prove he can win better than Phil and those connected to him sans Kobe who is the platinum goose.

Karma filled bitch slap so far
Image
timdunkit
RealGM
Posts: 16,016
And1: 342
Joined: Aug 05, 2008
     

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#412 » by timdunkit » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:04 am

@YaseenManan
kam_soluusar
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,594
And1: 104
Joined: Apr 21, 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:
   

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#413 » by kam_soluusar » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:15 am

kblo247 wrote:No point blank we messed up when we pink slipped everyone of Phil's assistants before the last playoffs even took place. We then messed up and ignored every player and aphids suggestion of hiring Shaw and keeping the triangle to institute a culture for this team that would extend long beyond Kobe.

We then had another series of **** ups. Trading Lamar because you think he will need psychological help over giving him a sabbatical after seeing someone die, and having a loved one killed, when he's shown in the past when he lost his son all he needed was your support. We did Fisher terribly wrong and without even a courtesy call. We did Phil even worse, despite being the greatest coach in the history of the franchise and league in terms of winning.

There's the fact we said we support Mike and then fire him days later, and then half ass brought Dantoni in without an assistant of his on just his bro as a consultant.

It ain't Kobe, It ain't Mike, It ain't even Jim or Mitch .... It's Jerry and his need to prove he can win better than Phil and those connected to him sans Kobe who is the platinum goose.

Karma filled bitch slap so far



AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A no BS assesment on the Lakers current state of affairs. Guess what peeps, it happens in professional sport, it's a phase called r.e.b.u.i.l.d.i.n.g. The problem with Laker fans generally, is that you have had it too good, for too long. Most of you "fans" probably don't remember the dreary days, after Johnson retired, when you had Van Exel and Peeler as your "star" players. My Rockets have sucked since Olajuwon retired/went to Toronto. Our only bright spot being against you guys in the playoffs.

It was fine until here

Warned for trolling

Slava
Image
"I don't think Michael had to retire for us to get the spotlight, because when you win, it commands attention."
Hakeem Olajuwon
User avatar
Vinsanity420
Rookie
Posts: 1,132
And1: 13
Joined: Jun 18, 2010

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#414 » by Vinsanity420 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:21 am

Man... I was actually rooting for you guys to win it this year. Really wanted to see Nash and Dwight get their first... Nash looked so depressed in the post game interview. This has to be one of the biggest disappointments in all of sports.
Laimbeer wrote:Rule for life - if a player comparison was ridiculous 24 hours ago, it's probably still ridiculous.


Genius.
User avatar
ginobiliflops
General Manager
Posts: 7,654
And1: 908
Joined: Apr 23, 2009
   

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#415 » by ginobiliflops » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:23 am

#BeWell
Image
"This isn't singles tennis." -McD
User avatar
kblo247
RealGM
Posts: 10,425
And1: 960
Joined: Apr 16, 2011

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#416 » by kblo247 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:23 am

Jan 15
Image
User avatar
GoldKnightRises
Senior
Posts: 565
And1: 24
Joined: Sep 03, 2012
Location: City of Angels
Contact:

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#417 » by GoldKnightRises » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:25 am

kam_soluusar wrote:
AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A no BS assesment on the Lakers current state of affairs. Guess what peeps, it happens in professional sport, it's a phase called r.e.b.u.i.l.d.i.n.g. The problem with Laker fans generally, is that you have had it too good, for too long. Most of you "fans" probably don't remember the dreary days, after Johnson retired, when you had Van Exel and Peeler as your "star" players. My Rockets have sucked since Olajuwon retired/went to Toronto. Our only bright spot being against you guys in the playoffs.

My point is this, STFU Lakers fans. All I have seen here is the "woe is me" attitude, because you forget what it's like to suck. Injuries are no excuse, I've had to hear that repeated to me time and time again during the Yao/Tmac era. We ran you out of the building. We threw you under Royce Whites bus!!!! and all I hear is sooking about your poor widdle Lakers, look at Kobe veritably run from the court after the game. No sportsmanship whatsoever, or did he run to the locker room, get the Buss family on his speeddial, and make some hollow threats to them.

I will admit one thing, we didn't have to make Kobe shoot 40+ shots to win, all we did is make it that you had to play defense, something your team is completely incapable of. I like many others was tricked into thinking the Lakers would probably be contenders again this year, with the addition of Dwight and Nash. What today proved is that if you don't have bench depth, (Lobcity) then you will suck normally, and even worse when star players are injured. Sit on it LA!!!!


"poor widdo lakers" ?

"Sit on it LA!!!!!" ?

Is this guy serious? Did the Rockets just beat us in the WCF? I bet he had tears in his eyes while writing this post.
I guess franchises like Houston's find orgasmic pleasure in beating the purple & gold, what else are they going to look forward to? :lol:
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
KB24TBOTB
RealGM
Posts: 12,014
And1: 329
Joined: Feb 09, 2011

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#418 » by KB24TBOTB » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:29 am

kam_soluusar wrote:
kblo247 wrote:No point blank we messed up when we pink slipped everyone of Phil's assistants before the last playoffs even took place. We then messed up and ignored every player and aphids suggestion of hiring Shaw and keeping the triangle to institute a culture for this team that would extend long beyond Kobe.

We then had another series of **** ups. Trading Lamar because you think he will need psychological help over giving him a sabbatical after seeing someone die, and having a loved one killed, when he's shown in the past when he lost his son all he needed was your support. We did Fisher terribly wrong and without even a courtesy call. We did Phil even worse, despite being the greatest coach in the history of the franchise and league in terms of winning.

There's the fact we said we support Mike and then fire him days later, and then half ass brought Dantoni in without an assistant of his on just his bro as a consultant.

It ain't Kobe, It ain't Mike, It ain't even Jim or Mitch .... It's Jerry and his need to prove he can win better than Phil and those connected to him sans Kobe who is the platinum goose.

Karma filled bitch slap so far



AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A no BS assesment on the Lakers current state of affairs. Guess what peeps, it happens in professional sport, it's a phase called r.e.b.u.i.l.d.i.n.g. The problem with Laker fans generally, is that you have had it too good, for too long. Most of you "fans" probably don't remember the dreary days, after Johnson retired, when you had Van Exel and Peeler as your "star" players. My Rockets have sucked since Olajuwon retired/went to Toronto. Our only bright spot being against you guys in the playoffs.

It was fine until here

Warned for trolling

Slava

This guy seriously just come in here and talk **** like that? GTFO kid your team is irrelevant and will always be irrelevant
deNIEd
Banned User
Posts: 4,942
And1: 30
Joined: Jul 18, 2006

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#419 » by deNIEd » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:30 am

kam_soluusar wrote:AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A no BS assesment on the Lakers current state of affairs. Guess what peeps, it happens in professional sport, it's a phase called r.e.b.u.i.l.d.i.n.g. The problem with Laker fans generally, is that you have had it too good, for too long. Most of you "fans" probably don't remember the dreary days, after Johnson retired, when you had Van Exel and Peeler as your "star" players. My Rockets have sucked since Olajuwon retired/went to Toronto. Our only bright spot being against you guys in the playoffs.


Rebuilding without a 1st round pick this year, most likely without a pick in 2015 and 2017 as well....
kam_soluusar
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,594
And1: 104
Joined: Apr 21, 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:
   

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#420 » by kam_soluusar » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:31 am

A bright future I'm guessing, unlike the Lakers at the moment.

I have no problem with Die hard fans, realistic die hard fans. I am trying to point out that at some stage, your team will suck. Most people can accept that, Lakers fans, (Like Yankees fans) cannot.

U tried the buy a championship route once, (Payton/Malone) it failed, because your bench sucked. You throw all your eggs in the superstar basket, and guess what happens when that fails, you are left with nothing.

Look at the difference between our respective teams. The Rockets are having fun while playing, are building some serious chemistry, and are rolling. Currently THE HOTTEST team in the NBA right now. Kobe has two faces, the killer look, (happens when you are winning.) And the I am going to kill look, (when losing.) You are seeing the latter face all to often lately.
Image
"I don't think Michael had to retire for us to get the spotlight, because when you win, it commands attention."
Hakeem Olajuwon
User avatar
Slava
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 42,489
And1: 11,224
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: #holdat
Contact:
     

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#421 » by Slava » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:32 am

Dammit everyone's quoting this now


Stop trolling. You've been warned once, it will only get worse from here on.
Image
User avatar
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
Posts: 2,886
And1: 26
Joined: Dec 05, 2007
Location: Southernfornia

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#422 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:34 am

let em go dude
User avatar
GoldKnightRises
Senior
Posts: 565
And1: 24
Joined: Sep 03, 2012
Location: City of Angels
Contact:

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#423 » by GoldKnightRises » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:34 am

kam_soluusar wrote:A bright future I'm guessing, unlike the Lakers at the moment.

I have no problem with Die hard fans, realistic die hard fans. I am trying to point out that at some stage, your team will suck. Most people can accept that, Lakers fans, (Like Yankees fans) cannot.

U tried the buy a championship route once, (Payton/Malone) it failed, because your bench sucked. You throw all your eggs in the superstar basket, and guess what happens when that fails, you are left with nothing.

Look at the difference between our respective teams. The Rockets are having fun while playing, are building some serious chemistry, and are rolling. Currently THE HOTTEST team in the NBA right now. Kobe has two faces, the killer look, (happens when you are winning.) And the I am going to kill look, (when losing.) You are seeing the latter face all to often lately.


Are you trying to get banned coming here & releasing your frustrations? What is your point, it's comical to see you here whining so much to be honest...Your franchise can only get satisfaction from beating the Lakers, we get it.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
KB24TBOTB
RealGM
Posts: 12,014
And1: 329
Joined: Feb 09, 2011

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#424 » by KB24TBOTB » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:34 am

kam_soluusar wrote:A bright future I'm guessing, unlike the Lakers at the moment.

I have no problem with Die hard fans, realistic die hard fans. I am trying to point out that at some stage, your team will suck. Most people can accept that, Lakers fans, (Like Yankees fans) cannot.

U tried the buy a championship route once, (Payton/Malone) it failed, because your bench sucked. You throw all your eggs in the superstar basket, and guess what happens when that fails, you are left with nothing.

Look at the difference between our respective teams. The Rockets are having fun while playing, are building some serious chemistry, and are rolling. Currently THE HOTTEST team in the NBA right now. Kobe has two faces, the killer look, (happens when you are winning.) And the I am going to kill look, (when losing.) You are seeing the latter face all to often lately.

:lol: :lol: Yes LA has always failed to build a contender. How successful is this franchise compared to yours? Ya, it doesn't even compare so just top right there. Hottest team in the NBA? I'm sorry last I checked the goal is to win a championship and you guys are no where near that level. So in the end Lakers win nothing and you guy win nothing. Kudos to you buddy. Your team has had the better regular season
KB24TBOTB
RealGM
Posts: 12,014
And1: 329
Joined: Feb 09, 2011

Re: GT: Los Angeles Lakers versus Houston Rockets 

Post#425 » by KB24TBOTB » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:36 am

GoldKnightRises wrote:
kam_soluusar wrote:A bright future I'm guessing, unlike the Lakers at the moment.

I have no problem with Die hard fans, realistic die hard fans. I am trying to point out that at some stage, your team will suck. Most people can accept that, Lakers fans, (Like Yankees fans) cannot.

U tried the buy a championship route once, (Payton/Malone) it failed, because your bench sucked. You throw all your eggs in the superstar basket, and guess what happens when that fails, you are left with nothing.

Look at the difference between our respective teams. The Rockets are having fun while playing, are building some serious chemistry, and are rolling. Currently THE HOTTEST team in the NBA right now. Kobe has two faces, the killer look, (happens when you are winning.) And the I am going to kill look, (when losing.) You are seeing the latter face all to often lately.


Are you trying to get banned coming here & releasing your frustrations? What is your point, it's comical to see you here whining so much to be honest...Your franchise can only get satisfaction from beating the Lakers, we get it.

For most teams beating the Lakers is like winning a championship. It's what years of being irrelevant does

Return to Los Angeles Lakers