ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers Playoff Watch

Moderators: Kilroy, Danny Darko, Slava, TyCobb, crazyeights

User avatar
AcecardZ
Analyst
Posts: 3,401
And1: 122
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Watching the Lakers play basketball...

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#31 » by AcecardZ » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:54 pm

User avatar
hermes
RealGM
Posts: 64,074
And1: 14,055
Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Location: the restaurant at the end of the universe

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#32 » by hermes » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:40 pm

so houston has lost 6 in a row, portland 4 in a row and the wolves 5 in a row

and we don't seem to be much closer than we were a week ago- now is the time to move boys
User avatar
JohnVancouver
General Manager
Posts: 8,401
And1: 47
Joined: Jun 18, 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#33 » by JohnVancouver » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:03 pm

hermes wrote:so houston has lost 6 in a row, portland 4 in a row and the wolves 5 in a row

and we don't seem to be much closer than we were a week ago- now is the time to move boys


Raptors Sunday - need to capitalize on D12

Really, this offense shouldn't be much different than Seven Seconds or Shaq ...
"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
GeneralNash
Banned User
Posts: 666
And1: 13
Joined: Dec 23, 2012

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#34 » by GeneralNash » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:50 pm

If the Lakers keep playing like they have they should be able to win the next four games.
User avatar
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,772
And1: 184
Joined: Feb 15, 2012
 

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#35 » by ShowTimeERA » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:47 am

hermes wrote:so houston has lost 6 in a row, portland 4 in a row and the wolves 5 in a row

and we don't seem to be much closer than we were a week ago- now is the time to move boys


About a week ago, LA was 5 games back in the loss column from the 8th seed. Prior to the Miami game, LA was 2 games behind the 7th and 8th seed. Currently there behind 3 games.
Image
User avatar
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,772
And1: 184
Joined: Feb 15, 2012
 

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#36 » by ShowTimeERA » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:24 pm

As of 1/20 - 2 games behind the 8th seed in the L column...
Image
ROballer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,742
And1: 545
Joined: Sep 06, 2009
Location: Romania
Contact:
   

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#37 » by ROballer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:51 pm

I say we'll be in the playoffs spots by the ASB(probably the 8th seed)....after that,we'll see

Maybe make a push for a better seed..
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
AdonisDeMarion
Rookie
Posts: 1,027
And1: 55
Joined: Jun 22, 2012

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#38 » by AdonisDeMarion » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:48 am

I'm calling it a season, I can't sit here and watch this crap anymore. I've had my heart broken this season by the one team that I love so much. The play has been horrid to put it in a nice way.... I'm sick of looking at the boxscores and seeing games from Bryant like his of today 10-32 from the floor and 3-12 from downtown. I can't believe I'm about to say this but Gasol should've taken half od the shots Bryant missed today. He's the reason we lost this one and the last one with his poor shooting, stop shooting you ass and pass the ball
User avatar
NoseBleedLakers
Analyst
Posts: 3,188
And1: 37
Joined: Jan 29, 2011
Location: 1 hour North of Staples

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#39 » by NoseBleedLakers » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:24 am

Crazy how the Lakers are "only" 3 games behind for that 8th seed, but it seems to be much more than that simply because the Lakers just can't string together any wins and consistency.

I hate to say this, but with CHI, MEM, UTA, and OKC in the next 4 games, and expecting all of those games as losses, the Lakers could very well be 17-27 after next Sunday :nonono:
User avatar
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,772
And1: 184
Joined: Feb 15, 2012
 

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#40 » by ShowTimeERA » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:28 am

NoseBleedLakers wrote:Crazy how the Lakers are "only" 3 games behind for that 8th seed, but it seems to be much more than that simply because the Lakers just can't string together any wins and consistency.

I hate to say this, but with CHI, MEM, UTA, and OKC in the next 4 games, and expecting all of those games as losses, the Lakers could very well be 17-27 after next Sunday :nonono:


One game at a time.
Image
GeneralNash
Banned User
Posts: 666
And1: 13
Joined: Dec 23, 2012

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#41 » by GeneralNash » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:25 am

hate to be the bearer of bad news but dallas is now ahead in the standings.
User avatar
DEEP3CL
RealGM
Posts: 25,478
And1: 1,602
Joined: Jul 23, 2005
Location: LOS ANGELES,CA.
     

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#42 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 am

17 and 23 after 40 games, there's 42 games left. This team ISN'T winning 30 of 42. Season is over our role now will strictly be that of spoiler for the rest of the teams fighting for seeding's. We can wreck a few teams chances with a win here or there. But for us........

It's over
VETERAN LAKERS FAN
THE HE HATE'IN COMMENT OF THE WEEK
either of the Kobe titles... preferably both, so we could still tease Laker fans about Kobe being just a sidekick.
-BombsquadSammy....Spur Fan
User avatar
nashill
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,769
And1: 3
Joined: Dec 28, 2007

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#43 » by nashill » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:51 pm

just 3 games behind the 8th seed but im losing hope because there seems more conflict within the team than i thought.
The King is dead. Long live the Queen!!!
User avatar
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,772
And1: 184
Joined: Feb 15, 2012
 

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#44 » by ShowTimeERA » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:07 pm

AdonisDeMarion wrote:I'm calling it a season, I can't sit here and watch this crap anymore. I've had my heart broken this season by the one team that I love so much. The play has been horrid to put it in a nice way.... I'm sick of looking at the boxscores and seeing games from Bryant like his of today 10-32 from the floor and 3-12 from downtown. I can't believe I'm about to say this but Gasol should've taken half od the shots Bryant missed today. He's the reason we lost this one and the last one with his poor shooting, stop shooting you ass and pass the ball


Image
Image
User avatar
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,772
And1: 184
Joined: Feb 15, 2012
 

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#45 » by ShowTimeERA » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Here's how things look now: With a win against CHI and Portland loss tonight, LA will be 2 games behind in the L column from the 8th seed. On Wednesday, both Portland and Houston have tough games against Indiana and Denver with LA playing at Memphis. Things could get very interesting by weeks end with LA being 1 game behind if all goes well....
Image
User avatar
Slava
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 40,344
And1: 8,656
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: #holdat
Contact:
     

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#46 » by Slava » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:11 am

DEEP3CL wrote:17 and 23 after 40 games, there's 42 games left. This team ISN'T winning 30 of 42. Season is over our role now will strictly be that of spoiler for the rest of the teams fighting for seeding's. We can wreck a few teams chances with a win here or there. But for us........

It's over


Portland and Houston are sucking donkey balls now, even if we played 0.500 basketball we'd be the 8th seed.

I'd put my money on Dallas making the playoffs since Dirk coming back.
I_Never Lied wrote:Blow Job = I'm OK with two men doing this but I am also 100% certain that after this, they will move on to Colon debauchery.
User avatar
DEEP3CL
RealGM
Posts: 25,478
And1: 1,602
Joined: Jul 23, 2005
Location: LOS ANGELES,CA.
     

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#47 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:14 am

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:17 and 23 after 40 games, there's 42 games left. This team ISN'T winning 30 of 42. Season is over our role now will strictly be that of spoiler for the rest of the teams fighting for seeding's. We can wreck a few teams chances with a win here or there. But for us........

It's over


Portland and Houston are sucking donkey balls now, even if we played 0.500 basketball we'd be the 8th seed.

I'd put my money on Dallas making the playoffs since Dirk coming back.
Houston won today, they won't lose forever.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN
THE HE HATE'IN COMMENT OF THE WEEK
either of the Kobe titles... preferably both, so we could still tease Laker fans about Kobe being just a sidekick.
-BombsquadSammy....Spur Fan
User avatar
Slava
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 40,344
And1: 8,656
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: #holdat
Contact:
     

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#48 » by Slava » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:19 am

They lost like 7 straight before winning against Charlotte. They're not that good.
I_Never Lied wrote:Blow Job = I'm OK with two men doing this but I am also 100% certain that after this, they will move on to Colon debauchery.
User avatar
DEEP3CL
RealGM
Posts: 25,478
And1: 1,602
Joined: Jul 23, 2005
Location: LOS ANGELES,CA.
     

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#49 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:34 am

I agree, but neither are the Lakers. I'd rather see the Jazz get that 8th see, because you can bank on this...it will be an upset in the west this playoffs. One of these high seeds going on vacation early.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN
THE HE HATE'IN COMMENT OF THE WEEK
either of the Kobe titles... preferably both, so we could still tease Laker fans about Kobe being just a sidekick.
-BombsquadSammy....Spur Fan
User avatar
LBJ-ITALY
Pro Prospect
Posts: 879
And1: 163
Joined: Apr 22, 2011

Re: Lakers Playoff Watch 

Post#50 » by LBJ-ITALY » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Come on lakers :D I'm not a Lakers fan, but as a basketball fan I would love to see a first round playoff between Los Angeles Clippers vs Lakers rather than Clippers vs Portland!
Image

Return to Los Angeles Lakers