ImageImageImageImageImage

Mike D'Antoni Vows Changes For Pau Gasol

Moderators: crazyeights, Kilroy, Danny Darko, Slava, TyCobb

LA_Sports
Junior
Posts: 474
And1: 12
Joined: Dec 27, 2012

Re: pau that bad? 

Post#181 » by LA_Sports » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:39 pm

therobg125 wrote:is pau gasol really that bad that two bench players are easily better than him? is it just his lack of hustle/softness?....or are hill and earl just flat out better (after all, both were lotto picks)? and should we keep hill and earl and trade gasol's contract for maybe a 1st round pick (maybe future, and we could sign kenyon as our 4th big, or maybe since noone wants the top pick...we can trade pau for it and draft cody...he'd fit in well with dh...or even a scoring pg with potential...)

Haha You want to trade a $20 mil contract for a draft pick... In what world does that ever happen?
LA_Sports
Junior
Posts: 474
And1: 12
Joined: Dec 27, 2012

Re: pau that bad? 

Post#182 » by LA_Sports » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:48 pm

I love how Pau is the only player that is done no matter what and can't change.

A week ago Jamison was the talk on here about never being allowed to play because he sucked. He has done better lately.Before that most people on here didn't know who Clark was. Now he is this teams savior.

Sorry to think a Hall of Fame player has the ability to still adjust his game and might have more talent in the long run over Hill or Clark (just because they were lottery players).

Besides at this point of the season what REAL productive trades are available?
User avatar
AcecardZ
Analyst
Posts: 3,424
And1: 130
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Watching the Lakers play basketball...

Re: pau that bad? 

Post#183 » by AcecardZ » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
AcecardZ wrote:If Pau really wants to stay a Laker he should go to D'Antoni and tell him he's willing to whatever is asked of him to help the team. That includes coming off the bench if necessary. If Pau can't do this then he should be traded to the first team that shows any interest in him.

If Pau can flourish as a backup then maybe he can work his way back into the starting rotation. Keep dangling that carrot in front of him to keep him motivated to play better.


what's the point of that? D'Antoni would just ask him to spread the floor and that's hardly a good thing.



I'm referring to Pau coming in off the bench and being our backup center. Reduced minutes along with putting him at his natural position should give him his best opportunity to be productive again. If he fails in that role he's not worth having on the team and should be moved for whatever we can get in exchange. It obviously won't be much.
User avatar
Doormatt
RealGM
Posts: 17,031
And1: 1,800
Joined: Mar 07, 2011
   

Re: pau that bad? 

Post#184 » by Doormatt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:52 am

LA_Sports wrote:I love how Pau is the only player that is done no matter what and can't change.

A week ago Jamison was the talk on here about never being allowed to play because he sucked.


idk what youre talking about hes still **** terrible, 1 game doesnt change anything.
#doorgek
User avatar
TruSkool
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,706
And1: 253
Joined: Jun 01, 2007
 

Re: pau that bad? 

Post#185 » by TruSkool » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:48 am

hes definitely the most skilled big man in the nba still. he just doesn't seem to fit in anymore because he's not elite from 15 feet out. he's average.
User avatar
AcecardZ
Analyst
Posts: 3,424
And1: 130
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Watching the Lakers play basketball...

Re: pau that bad? 

Post#186 » by AcecardZ » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:16 am

TruSkool wrote:hes definitely the most skilled big man in the nba still. he just doesn't seem to fit in anymore because he's not elite from 15 feet out. he's average.



If you're garbage from 15 feet out then get to the rack and score a **** bucket! Pau has been playing away from the basket because he doesn't like to get bumped and banged around. Watch him! He plays timid like he lost his balls or something. If there's even a remote chance of contact he winces. We can't rely on a player that's going to run from contact.

And what have you seen from Pau this year to convince you he's still the most skilled big man in the NBA? His brother Marc is better than him now by a wide margin. LaMarcus Aldridge is clearly better. Bosh is better. Dirk is better. I can keep going but I'll stop there.
therobg125
Banned User
Posts: 223
And1: 1
Joined: Dec 07, 2012

Re: pau that bad? 

Post#187 » by therobg125 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:36 pm

pau right now is average at best....the word average is also hopeful wishing....and it's been this way for a while....most ppl just chose to ignore his softnes, while few of us realized it was a problem, even during the championship run..(sidenote)..and for aoll you people who say pau should have gotten mvp....are you smoking? if it wasn't for kobe avg 30 pts and taking the 1st 6 games over by himself practically and playing insane throughout the playoffs we would not have even gotten to a game 7....and in game 7 kobe still hit the dagger floater and grabbed what 15/16 rebounds...pau had one good game - game 7...the only time pau played with heart and was consistant throughout the entire playoffs was the 08/09 ship...and even then kobe still led the way (done with that rant)...
AlvanC
Banned User
Posts: 32
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 08, 2012

Re: pau that bad? 

Post#188 » by AlvanC » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:48 pm

LA_Sports wrote:I love how Pau is the only player that is done no matter what and can't change.

A week ago Jamison was the talk on here about never being allowed to play because he sucked. He has done better lately.Before that most people on here didn't know who Clark was. Now he is this teams savior.

Sorry to think a Hall of Fame player has the ability to still adjust his game and might have more talent in the long run over Hill or Clark (just because they were lottery players).

Besides at this point of the season what REAL productive trades are available?


Gasol is not making the hall of fame... Sorry
ROballer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,067
And1: 582
Joined: Sep 06, 2009
Location: Romania
Contact:
   

Re: pau that bad? 

Post#189 » by ROballer » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:07 pm

AlvanC wrote:
LA_Sports wrote:I love how Pau is the only player that is done no matter what and can't change.

A week ago Jamison was the talk on here about never being allowed to play because he sucked. He has done better lately.Before that most people on here didn't know who Clark was. Now he is this teams savior.

Sorry to think a Hall of Fame player has the ability to still adjust his game and might have more talent in the long run over Hill or Clark (just because they were lottery players).

Besides at this point of the season what REAL productive trades are available?


Gasol is not making the hall of fame... Sorry


Yes he is :roll:

But he still sucks though....
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,055
And1: 2,990
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Re: pau that bad? 

Post#190 » by dockingsched » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:51 pm

gasol is a guaranteed hall of famer, the hell this guy talkin aboot.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
User avatar
Wavy Q
RealGM
Posts: 22,445
And1: 1,294
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Location: Pull Up
       

Re: pau that bad? 

Post#191 » by Wavy Q » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 pm

since when do they put tissue paper in the hall of fame?????
User avatar
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 30,867
And1: 3,401
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Pitcher's Mound
   

Re: pau that bad? 

Post#192 » by TyCobb » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Since Sergei Belov.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
AlvanC
Banned User
Posts: 32
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 08, 2012

Re: pau that bad? 

Post#193 » by AlvanC » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:31 pm

dockingsched wrote:gasol is a guaranteed hall of famer, the hell this guy talkin aboot.


Thats exactly what I am thinking when I read your comment, no way in hell Gasol is making the hall of fame. The end of his career will all be remembered as the scrub he is portraying himself to be as of today. Maybe he would have had a case if he put up some decent numbers for more than 5 seasons with the Lakers, but unfortunately he has been a straight up bum for the past 3 seasons. I understand his career numbers still may be quite good, but those numbers are all inflated by being on a losing team in Memphis, he has not put up excellent numbers in a winning environment for long enough, (4-5 seasons is not enough) and because of that Gasoft will be not be admitted to the HOF.
User avatar
Wavy Q
RealGM
Posts: 22,445
And1: 1,294
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Location: Pull Up
       

Re: pau that bad? 

Post#194 » by Wavy Q » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:40 pm

something something international play something something not NBA hall of fame, basketball hall of fame

tl;dr you're wrong
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,055
And1: 2,990
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Pau not open to coming off the bench 

Post#195 » by dockingsched » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:53 am

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 7723.story

....

"I've been a starter my entire career. I think this is my first games as a Laker, coming from the bench," said Gasol. "It's not something that I would enjoy I think."

Gasol said he understood the circumstances, "coming back from the concussion" against the Heat after almost two weeks off.

Would he be open to coming off the bench moving forward?

"Probably not," answered Gasol.


Additionally the Lakers forward-center expects to be on the floor in the final moments of games.

"I would always like to finish games. I think the most determined players, important players finish games," said Gasol after the defeat. "When the games are on the line, you need to have the best players on the floor."...

"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
User avatar
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 30,867
And1: 3,401
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Pitcher's Mound
   

Re: Pau not open to coming off the bench 

Post#196 » by TyCobb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:07 am

Gotta step your game up then Pau...
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
User avatar
AcecardZ
Analyst
Posts: 3,424
And1: 130
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Watching the Lakers play basketball...

Re: Pau not open to coming off the bench 

Post#197 » by AcecardZ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:26 am

TyCobb wrote:Gotta step your game up then Pau...



Exactly! And until he does step his game up he should shut the fawk up!!!
User avatar
dub81
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,405
And1: 18
Joined: Mar 20, 2008

Re: Pau not open to coming off the bench 

Post#198 » by dub81 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:31 am

When utilized properly Paul is still dangerous.

Laker's coaches need to step there game up. He played a good game today.
Image
User avatar
doozyj
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,367
And1: 959
Joined: Dec 31, 2007
     

Re: Pau not open to coming off the bench 

Post#199 » by doozyj » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:36 am

You gotta put your big boy pants on then.
User avatar
RJM
General Manager
Posts: 9,134
And1: 1,618
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: South Florida
Contact:
       

Re: Pau not open to coming off the bench 

Post#200 » by RJM » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:43 am

This whole thing is a mess. Pau Gasol has no business coming off the bench. He's got too much talent for that. Mike D'Antoni needs to get his head out of his Pringles can and adjust the offense to where he and Dwight are maximized in the paint. At the same time, both Gasol and Howard need to play hard down there. I don't remember LA's power play being that bad when it was Prescription Bynumol down low.
TWITTER: @RICALDIJMARC
ARE YOU ON BBM? ADD ME: RJMarc
I LOVE THE GAME OF BASKETBALL!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers