ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Heat @ Lakers. Thu/17/1/2013 10:30 PM ET

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Re: GT: Heat @ Lakers. Thu/17/1/2013 10:30 PM ET 

Post#881 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:33 am

TheFix wrote:Kobe still think he can take Lebron one-on-one?
Lebron fanboy......
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#882 » by rand0m » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:33 am

Very winnable game. Kobe could've shot better, we could've gotten some more calls and we could've been less sloppy. Yet it was still tied very late and they took it up a notch on both ends and we couldn't do a damn thing. Difference between a championship team and a team struggling to get into the playoffs.
Father Time
Head Coach
And1: 467

Post#883 » by Father Time » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:33 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Father Time wrote:Honestly I'd rather get ran out of the building than lose by 5-6 points.
No...no..no, you learn more in close games than getting waxed. At least we can pin point the reasons this game. Early it was TO's then later it was defense and spotty offensive execution. I can live with knowing those are the area of correction. Blow out prove nothing but a litany of problems and you don't know what to examine first.

I know, it's just more painful as a fan to lose a game that was winnable than to know you didn't have a chance in the first place. :(

A silver lining is that we held them under 120 points.
"There's nothing else I can do for them. I can give them some bulls---, and act like I'm a coach or something, but it's on them." - Popovich

Secret secrets are no fun. Secret secrets hurt someone.
Father Time
Head Coach

Post#884 » by Father Time » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 am

NoseBleedLakers wrote:How 'bout that dunk by LBJ though with about 5 seconds left in the game and the shot clock off.

I thought it was kind of a dick move.
"There's nothing else I can do for them. I can give them some bulls---, and act like I'm a coach or something, but it's on them." - Popovich

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#885 » by Kilroy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 am

Simba248 wrote:
Doormatt wrote:
Kilroy wrote:When a team is pressing like that, you need quick passes, not dribbling. Some triangle sets might have helped that... But you also need shooters...

I just feel like this one was closer that it really was... I felt like Miami was a beat slow tonight, but when it counted, they had another gear...

We don't.

agree with this a lot. when a team presses you that hard on the perimeter you need to swing the ball and find the open man quickly. the heat applied pressure when it counted and we didnt respond at all.

And just to add to that our big men need to be able to roll quicker as well. Miami's bigs have the luxury of doubling hard because someone like Pau isn't going to get anywhere by the time our point makes a pass. All in all Miami is really discipline defensively. Wade and Lebron are phenomenal individual defenders with incredible range. Hard to make long passes when both of them are on the floor.

Honestly, aside from the Dwights free throws, I think he played a pretty solid game, and I think after taking a week and a half off, Pau played better than expected too...

Honestly what I think took Dwight out of his rhythm was our turnovers in the first half... After the break, we came back tentative in passing into the post, and as a result, missed a lot of open looks for Howard. He was moving without the ball and was open, but we just weren't getting him the basketball...

If we make better passes in the 1st and 2nd, I think Howard would have been more in tune for the rest of the game.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,466

Post#886 » by dockingsched » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 am

NoseBleedLakers wrote:How 'bout that dunk by LBJ though with about 5 seconds left in the game and the shot clock off.

pretty sure the shot clock wasn't off.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#887 » by Doormatt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:37 am

this loss wasnt even that bad were just desperate for wins with everything thats happened that when we lose it seems like our season is legit over.
#doorgek
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#888 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:37 am

krikor wrote:leclutch

enjoy it
Dude you was one of the less classy Heat fans, I saw all your post on the Heat board....but troll away I would report your post but I don't bitch out like that. I've seen your kind.......you won't last another year. Enjoy.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
NoseBleedLakers
Lead Assistant
And1: 343

Post#889 » by NoseBleedLakers » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:37 am

dockingsched wrote:

Shot clock was off. MWP fouled LBJ with 15.5 seconds left on the game clock and about 10 seconds left on the shot clock. Shot clock was then turned off when Miami took the ball out of bounds.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#890 » by dockingsched » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:38 am

Peregrine01 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:The group of Duhon, Kobe, MWP, Pau, and Deight had a positive rhythm and that went to hell the second Nash entered and started dribbling in one spot and stalling the O, then getting lost on D. That's on Mike.

What are you whining about? Did you even watch the game? Soon as Nash was about to enter the game in the 4th following a Lakers timeout, Spo put up a press specifically designed to get the ball OUT of Nash's hands. They knew that the Lakers designed a play to get the ball to Nash during the time out so Miami shaded the in-bounder to get it to Metta instead. End result, Lakers burned a lot of clock trying to get the ball to Nash and couldn't get into their set effectively. D'Antoni should've definitely called a time-out when he saw that.

Re: defense. He wasn't getting lost on D, he was getting screened twice by Miami bigs on two possessions. Ray hit one lay-up on a pretty bad rotation from the other Lakers and then he hit a tough fade-away jumper over Howard on the other one. How can you expect any one player to be able to fight through multiple screens and defend it effectively with poor help? Fact is: Lakers' team defense still leaves much to be desired. Did you see how aggressively Miami is on their rotations? It's completely night and day.

Watch the game instead of jumping to conclusions.

no no no, u don't get it. nash is suppose to use his heart and courage and just force his way through those screens like derek fisher would do.

and of course nash ruined the lakers momentum in the 4th as soon as he checked in, had nothing to do with lebron checking back in after LA cut the lead in half and commencing to dominate,
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Father Time
Head Coach

Post#891 » by Father Time » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:39 am

krikor wrote:leclutch

enjoy it

**** off.

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#892 » by dockingsched » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:40 am

NoseBleedLakers wrote:
dockingsched wrote:

Shot clock was off. MWP fouled LBJ with 15.5 seconds left on the game clock and about 10 seconds left on the shot clock. Shot clock was then turned off when Miami took the ball out of bounds.

u got the 1st part right, not sure why u would think the shot clock gets turned off though. lebron fouled at 15.5 seconds, shot clock reset to 14 secs. heat still have to shoot.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,188

Post#893 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:40 am

Kilroy wrote:
Honestly, aside from the Dwights free throws, I think he played a pretty solid game, and I think after taking a week and a half off, Pau played better than expected too...

Honestly what I think took Dwight out of his rhythm was our turnovers in the first half... After the break, we came back tentative in passing into the post, and as a result, missed a lot of open looks for Howard. He was moving without the ball and was open, but we just weren't getting him the basketball...

If we make better passes in the 1st and 2nd, I think Howard would have been more in tune for the rest of the game.

Cant say I would disagree. He was a totally different player from half to half. We've come a ways since the beginning of the season though. Offense is starting to develop a rhythm, just need to be more consistent. We've had atleast two/three droughts every game, that cant happen.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,904

Post#894 » by Jakay » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:42 am

If there's one thing that will change as the season goes on...

Take a look at the first quarter. Nash made some just terrible passes. Just terrible. Late in the fourth, Jamison or Earl (not sure which) miss Pau flashing to the post. Saw Pau, but hesitated, and didn't get the ball down there.

Sure the Heat swarmed down there, but that is actually knowing where you're sending the ball instead of being pretty sure it'll be there, a la "Hey Dwight, catch this with your back" from Kobe.

Same old song, but those passes don't happen overnight, and that's how this team will win in the postseason.

However... that whole postseason thing... that's gotta happen too.

Also Kobe needs to jam the ball down Dwight's throat a couple of times.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#895 » by dockingsched » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:45 am

anyway, really liked pau off the bench. instead of wallowing as a role player to start the game, he's in there as the showcased big man as soon as he gets in.
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#896 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:45 am

Father Time wrote:
I know, it's just more painful as a fan to lose a game that was winnable than to know you didn't have a chance in the first place. :(

A silver lining is that we held them under 120 points.
Well you have to execute, we failed at that. Plus I didn't like Mike leaving Pau in just to appease him. Clark gives us better speed on the top side of the perimeter. I wanna hear him explain this one.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#897 » by kblo247 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:47 am

@ doc

The last 5 or 6 sequences on a 90-90 game started well under 10 seconds with Nash just dribbling because he couldn't advance the ball vs pressure. We had 0 shot getting a good sequence as long as he had the ball, and yes it's on him that he couldn't get thru the same screens Fisher would and that Duhon got thru in the 4th

Kobe or Metta handling it that fourth were at least muscling Bron and Wade to break it and get to their spots. It was essentially bad seeing Nash need Metta or Kobe to feed Dwight in the post because he couldn't, like he couldn't feed Shaq the one time he played with a post guy in his career.

I think we should have finished with Duhon or took Nash off the ball because literally if we keep track of Kobe's shooting, which was ****, as well as his turnovers, a lot were bailouts because Cole wasn't stupid like Chalmers with letting Nash hook him multiple times to pass him by to break the press.

So literally when Cole played it was Metta or Kobe running to him, Metta made a couple drives, Kobe took some long and fading bailout shots. Nash has to really look at this tape because its worse than his spurs game closing where he couldn't get a shot off at all. There was literally no way we could execute anything when he had the ball vs Norris Cole not Russel Westbrook, Ty Lawson, or Tony Parker but NORRIS COLE. Nash is being hidden on D because he can't guard PGs, so he has to do his job which is execute the O by scoring and actually getting us into sets in a timely manner against the likes of Norris Cole

---

Pau exceeded my expectations for his return though.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#898 » by Kilroy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:47 am

Yeah, I liked Pau off the bench too... I think he might actually be cool with it if he gets enough burn.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#899 » by supaflash » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:51 am

Man the Heat get allowed to play some physical handsy D on the perimeter and never get called for anything.

LeBron is flat amazing but the touch fouls make it too easy, he can travel, charge and get weak weak foul calls... meh...

20 turn overs and a lot of missed easy shots by Kobe early and it's a tie game with under two and Miami with only 90 pts? Without those easy dunks Miami was pretty weak offensively even with Bron and Wade's efficiency.

Tough loss for LA, Dwight has to split those FTs down the stretch and he has to finish more, dude's finishing is kind of a joke some times, though f'ing Joey Crawford stole a couple continuations from him on nice lobs by Kobe n Nash.

Really underwhelmed with the late execution by LA, for being an 'O genius' so pretty weak plays down the stretch and weak overall adjustment to Miami's trapping.... I get it that they were having the big's 'fake screen' and dive almost every time, but Nash couldn't get the ball to the dive to start the offense most of the time. Part of that is the ridiculous favor that team gets on the perimeter but at some point you have to adjust somehow.

For the most part though I thought we played a solid game, just have have have to protect the ball better and be stronger with the ball.

I don't really like to complain about the officiating, but this is the first game in a long time where I was truly annoyed by the refs. If I was out there playing I would have gotten thrown out twice over with the things I would have said to Joey Crawford. I am seriously sick of that guy.
TRG
Head Coach
And1: 866

Post#900 » by TRG » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:51 am

GG Lakers... Don't listen to the haters your season isn't over yet. I saw a lot of good things from your team tonight.

Now go kick some ass and make the playoffs.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers