Spanish NBA-fan here. Sorry, my English is a bit rusty. I'll try my messages are, at least, inteligible.
I hope i won't get banned from this forum too early
. There are a lot of good discussions here
One Love wrote:The reaity is there are only a few teams that can compile a decent package given the high salaries involved... I think there is a REAL chance Pau gets Amenstied in the offseason as most of the deals would require us to take back bad contracts and could adversly affect our '14 Plan...
We have only 3 players that are eligiable to be amnestied (Gasol, Kobe & Metta)... Pau is costing us close to $40 million ($19 salary & luxury taxes) therefore if he gets Amenstied another team will pick him up (submit blind offers) and those monies (probably $4 to $5 million) would come back to the Lakers therefore Pau would cost us $14 million next year instead of $40 to $45 million...
Well, i think this is a good analysis. Money ($45 million) is the real issue. Next year, the real cost of Gasol could be even higher ($60-70 million), depending of Howard's salary. This is a lot of Buss's money
I think there is a big lack of empathy in the Gasol-gate. I'm going to try to compensate it with my analysis. After all, he's a compatriot Plausible ideas into Gasol's head
- I've done all the money I'll ever need. Next year my salary is guaranteed
- Does anyone respect me here? Does anyone remember I transform Kobe's gang in a contender?
- Does anyone understand here what is collective and unselfish basket? Brown? D'Antoni?...Kobe? Fans?
- Lakers will trade me as soon as posible. I don't need to demand it
- I WANT another ring
- Enough is enouh. I never win another ring here.
What could i do?
1) Play hard until they trade me
- My market value increases. My new team could offer too much for me and destroy its chances. I don´t control my destiny. Thet could send me back to a team Old Memphis-like or another gang
- My energy level decreases. My knees and feet suffer. I'll need energy and health in my new team
2) Play in "safe" mode until they trade me or (much better) they amnisty me
- I'll play few minutes. I can heal me properly. I can extend my career.
- My market value decreases. They can't get anything valuable for me right now. They NEED negotiate with me.
- I could "choose" my new team (a contender) if my market value is low (o zero) but my agent negotiates a extension with the new team. If Lakers doesn't accept garbage or a TPE for me they'll have to amnesty me and pay part of my salary...or risk $50-70 million next year.
This is my analysis. In my opinion, Gasol-gate is another Odom-gate right now because Pau's said enough. Unfortunately, I'dont think Lakers get anything valuable for Pau. Obviously, Stern should pay the bill. Right?