ImageImageImageImageImage

Not Many Trade Options for our Lakers Mitch says

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,091

Re: Brooklyn pursuing Dwight?? 

Post#121 » by tiderulz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:03 pm

ROballer wrote:I'd only trade Dwight if he'd shown signs that he won't resign here.....and after that many months,until the deadline it should be clear

If he's giving signs of not returning...

Ibaka,Lamb,P.Jones+ Tor's pick and 2 other 1st round picks for Howard

Our season's over anyways,might as well get a few promising young players and picks in return

why would OKC do that? they could trade that for picks and other cheap assets and just sign Howard outright

LA isnt going to get much if they trade Howard.
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#122 » by Cashin out » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:06 pm

tiderulz wrote:
ROballer wrote:I'd only trade Dwight if he'd shown signs that he won't resign here.....and after that many months,until the deadline it should be clear

Our season's over anyways,might as well get a few promising young players and picks in return

why would OKC do that? they could trade that for picks and other cheap assets and just sign Howard outright

Hey buddy this is the Lakers forum, not the Orlando Magic forum.

#BeGone
TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Re: If you were Mitch Kupchak 

Post#123 » by TruSkool » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:18 pm

I'm just getting a sense that dwight isn't too happy in LA. his production has been far off his career averages, and its not even because he's still rusty. the big guy gets like 8 touches a game.
I'm sure he's not happy with that; at the same time..dwight is just way too TURNOVER PRONE. bynum was much better at establishing the block. dwight seems a bit out of sync when it comes to basic x's and o's
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#124 » by arsenal6106 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Cashin out wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

#BeGone

So it's okay for you to come over to the Orlando forum and post?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1223441

@OP

Like most, I don't find the actual trade rumor to be believable. Though it is interesting that this report is coming from Rudolph.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,091

Post#125 » by tiderulz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Cashin out wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

#BeGone

it's an honest question. Why would OKC pay that much? Howard isnt under contract after this year.
HoodluM-
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#126 » by HoodluM- » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Mavs fan here... honestly, I don't even want Dwight anymore, and who does? He's a clown. He's a physical specimen, no doubt, but are you really getting a worth-while return on your investment signing him to a max deal? Still without a go to post move, his game is predicated on his athleticism, which will fade in time. Then what?

This isn't to say that I don't acknowledge Dwight as a great player; but I'd rather have Tyson Chandler. Wow, can't believe I'm saying that.
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#127 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm

The Skyhook wrote:
destro wrote:
SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Lets trade him to Charlotte for MKG & picks. May be MJ beating him on the head with a lead pipe in practice everyday will knock some sense into him or else he can turn into the next Kwame.

then we could turn around and trade mkg for picks and draft muhammad this year. score.

there's one part of this that bothers me, and that everyone screaming "trade dwight" seems to be forgetting. if we wait long enough we could end up with dwight and love on the same team. sorry, but i'm just not willing to give dwight what he wants. if he wants to go to brooklyn he can go for the mle, because he's only getting to brooklyn that way unless we're facilitating a trade. if he wants to go dallas/atl he can do so by leaving $18 million on the table.

from what i've read so far it seems that while dwight may not be the happiest camper right now, but he still hasn't asked for a trade. this is more so brooklyn wanting to acquire him. but if/when dwight does want to play hard ball, then mitch needs to play right back. not fold like bitches like orlando did.

Woj just came out and said that the Lakers don't want to trade Gasol if it will bring back a long term contract. They definitely seem to be sticking to the plan of letting the monstrous contracts of Kobe and Gasol expire. Steve Nash expires the year after that and it happens to be that Kevin Love is eligible to become a free agent that summer.

The one problem that Dwight might have with this plan is how long it might take and convincing Dwight to stay put while he has to go through 1 - 2 more seasons similar to this one might not be easy.

that's what i'm talking about. kobe and gasol come off the books a year earlier than love, if we play our cards right or if we for whatever reason strike out in 2014, we'd have love to possibly look forward to. a gasol for love trade is highly improbable at this point, maybe 2-3 years ago it was possible, but not now.

i'm at the point where i honestly don't care anymore if he's here or not, because if this season is a precursor to how the rest of his career will be then i don't want him on this team. and this is coming from someone who had howard as his second favorite player in the league before he came onto this team. i'm just tired of his offensive game, FT%, and bitch tendencies.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#128 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:52 pm

Jarrod Ruddolph was just on the radio out here. I'll get you guys the link up when it is posted. It was an interesting interview. It seems much like 95% of all Laker fans. He is blaming the coach Dantoni for the Laker issues and if the guy stays the coach here he has to consider leaving or wishes to be moved. But if the management brings in another coach and we start winning he will probably stay. Sounds kinda like Orlando the last 2 years. But I agree with some of the interview this Mike D hiring was wrong on so many levels
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#129 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:52 pm

Rudolph just came on 710 and heavily hinted that if D'Antoni is the coach after this summer that Dwight will leave.
Jetset
RealGM

Post#130 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:53 pm

well he doesn't have anything to worry about then because if we miss the playoffs like we're about to do, then d'antoni will undoubtedly be fired.

also, apparently brooklyn has shot down this rumor. they don't even want dwight anymore lol.
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#131 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Well of course they are going to shut it down. They don't want this to be a distraction for their team while they are making a playoff push. lol
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#132 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Ruddolph is close to Dwight and his cousin. He also has ties to Billy King for obvious reasons
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#133 » by arsenal6106 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:04 pm

leeprettyp wrote:Ruddolph is close to Dwight and his cousin. He also has ties to Billy King for obvious reasons

That's news to me. Is that true?
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
Jetset
RealGM

Post#134 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:Well of course they are going to shut it down. They don't want this to be a distraction for their team while they are making a playoff push. lol

perhaps you didn't see the manner in which it was shut down. usually when statements on teams get out there's what i call "lawyer talk", where things are properly said in a respectable fashion.

A Nets insider, responding to the latest rumor of Nets interest in Dwight Howard, called the report "total BS."

In an email, received minutes after NetsDaily reported on the rumor, the source wrote, "Total BS, Jarrod What ever His Name Is just fabricated a story." The response was extraordinary and unprecedented in its speed and aggressiveness.

does this look like lawyer talk, professionalism, whatever you can to call it to you?

leeprettyp wrote:Ruddolph is close to Dwight and his cousin. He also has ties to Billy King for obvious reasons

no it isn't "obvious" how do you know for sure? while dwight was in orlando, rudolph was speaking from dwight's side of the story not the nets. that's why he's labeled "dwight's mouthpiece". this sounds like something from the nets, which someone who works for brooklyn vehemently denies. either way, if the package is right i'm for it at this point.
Jetset
RealGM

Post#135 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:10 pm

arsenal6106 wrote:

That's news to me. Is that true?

i'm honestly convinced he's making up stuff
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#136 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Isn't the only way Dwight can get to Brooklyn is through a trade? he cant sign there for more than the minimum right? So it would only make sense to try to force our hand through a trade
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#137 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:15 pm

destro wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:Well of course they are going to shut it down. They don't want this to be a distraction for their team while they are making a playoff push. lol

perhaps you didn't see the manner in which it was shut down. usually when statements on teams get out there's what i call "lawyer talk", where things are properly said in a respectable fashion.

A Nets insider, responding to the latest rumor of Nets interest in Dwight Howard, called the report "total BS."

In an email, received minutes after NetsDaily reported on the rumor, the source wrote, "Total BS, Jarrod What ever His Name Is just fabricated a story." The response was extraordinary and unprecedented in its speed and aggressiveness.

you're right, i didn't see the actual response, which makes me think this is just Dwight's way of letting management know he isn't happy.
Jetset
RealGM

Post#138 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 pm

leeprettyp wrote:Isn't the only way Dwight can get to Brooklyn is through a trade? he cant sign there for more than the minimum right? So it would only make sense to try to force our hand through a trade

that is correct. and how can they force our hand when they can't even sign him? like i said earlier this isn't like orlando where brooklyn is threatening to steal howard away from us in the offseason by signing him outright unless we trade him. brooklyn has 3 max contracts on board, two of which not many teams are willing to take (johnson, lopez), $12 million a year for two years invested into humphries, and gerald wallace sucking up cap space until the 2016-17 season.

dwight can go there for $2.5 million and that's the only way he's getting here, unless a top 10 player is coming here in return from somewhere else.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#139 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:18 pm

There really bashing Dwight on the radio out here today. John Ireland is saying Dwight hasnt "Bought-in". Dang u guys realize were only 2 games out of the 8 seed. Wow is that true? It seems like 10 games as bad as were playing
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#140 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:21 pm

destro wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:Isn't the only way Dwight can get to Brooklyn is through a trade? he cant sign there for more than the minimum right? So it would only make sense to try to force our hand through a trade

that is correct. and how can they force our hand when they can't even sign him? like i said earlier this isn't like orlando where brooklyn is threatening to steal howard away from us in the offseason by signing him outright unless we trade him. brooklyn has 3 max contracts on board, two of which not many teams are willing to take (johnson, lopez), $12 million a year for two years invested into humphries, and gerald wallace sucking up cap space until the 2016-17 season.

dwight can go there for $2.5 million and that's the only way he's getting here, unless a top 10 player is coming here in return from somewhere else.

Ireland doesnt think were gonna fire this coach. But also destro under this new CBA, we cant do another sign an trade again because we're gonna be over the cap for 2 years straight right?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers