Not Many Trade Options for our Lakers Mitch says

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,441

Re: Brooklyn pursuing Dwight?? 

Post#141 » by Slava » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:24 pm

leeprettyp wrote:There really bashing Dwight on the radio out here today. John Ireland is saying Dwight hasnt "Bought-in". Dang u guys realize were only 2 games out of the 8 seed. Wow is that true? It seems like 10 games as bad as were playing

4 games and Dallas has caught up to us as well.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#142 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:25 pm

i'm sure ireland like most people are acting under the presumption that this team will be a 7-8 seed and sneak into the playoffs. there's no way on god's green earth that d'antoni can be retained if he coaches a team that has dwight howard, kobe bryant, pau gasol, and steve nash on it and not make the playoffs. if he is then we're in worse shape then i thought and i can no longer defend jim buss. and yes, starting the 2013-14 season teams over the cap can't sign and trade.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#143 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Actually listening to Ireland right now, he's jumped on the other side and thinks changes need to be made because the team is absolutely terrible.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#144 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:26 pm

ok thats what I thought but Ireland was on the radio only saying 2. But I think we all agree that if we had a choice between Dwight and Mike D. The choice is kinda obvious. But the question is now is when or if it happens does Phil Jackson even want to hear from Jim and Jerry Buss again
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#145 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:28 pm

destro wrote:i'm sure ireland like most people are acting under the presumption that this team will be a 7-8 seed and sneak into the playoffs. there's no way on god's green earth that d'antoni can be retained if he coaches a team that has dwight howard, kobe bryant, pau gasol, and steve nash on it and not make the playoffs. if he is then we're in worse shape then i thought and i can no longer defend jim buss. and yes, starting the 2013-14 season teams over the cap can't sign and trade.

Why wait for the summer imo? Fire the guy now and let Bickerstaff run the team until the summer. Then attempt to go at Phil if he says no then bring in Brian Shaw or even Rambis. We arent going anywhere as currently constructed with this coaching scheme
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#146 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Phil already said he's never saying yes to the Lakers again. He was caught on TMZ saying so.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#147 » by Kilroy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:Actually listening to Ireland right now, he's jumped on the other side and thinks changes need to be made because the team is absolutely terrible.

I like John Ireland, but it's not like he's some heavy hitting insider... He's a reporter that reports on-going situations... Not an investigative reporter that breaks stories...

He's one of us in this situation... He might have slightly better sources but it's just a dude hearing/seeing the lakers struggle and talking about it.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#148 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:34 pm

He lays in the bed with a Buss every night, I wouldnt say its a definitive no. I just think the stakes will be a lot higher now. He may want alot more money. But even if he says no, bring in B.Shaw ( who it should've been from the beginning)
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#149 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:36 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:Actually listening to Ireland right now, he's jumped on the other side and thinks changes need to be made because the team is absolutely terrible.

I like John Ireland, but it's not like he's some heavy hitting insider... He's a reporter that reports on-going situations... Not an investigative reporter that breaks stories...

He's one of us in this situation... He might have slightly better sources but it's just a dude hearing/seeing the lakers struggle and talking about it.

Ireland is Jim Busses guy though. Remember right after Brown was fired. Ireland was on the radio saying that its not gonna be Phil but were gonna hire Mike D. from what he's hearing. I didn't believe it but then we hired Mike D anyway smh. Knick fans tried to warn us about this guy.
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#150 » by ArC_man » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:38 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:There really bashing Dwight on the radio out here today. John Ireland is saying Dwight hasnt "Bought-in". Dang u guys realize were only 2 games out of the 8 seed. Wow is that true? It seems like 10 games as bad as were playing

4 games and Dallas has caught up to us as well.

Yea if we continue to play like garbage Dallas will probably leap frog us.

Honestly even if we sneak into the playoffs as the 8th seed, it doesn't necessarily mean we're playing super well (as Jim Buss says) since all we have to do is play 4-5 games better than the current 8th seed (which isn't great).
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#151 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:39 pm

Dallas has leap frogged us. They are half a game ahead of us in the standings.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#152 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:40 pm

smdh
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#153 » by deNIEd » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:42 pm

leeprettyp wrote:ok thats what I thought but Ireland was on the radio only saying 2. But I think we all agree that if we had a choice between Dwight and Mike D. The choice is kinda obvious. But the question is now is when or if it happens does Phil Jackson even want to hear from Jim and Jerry Buss again

Phil is supposed to be the front runner for a management position in Seattle. Phil has always wanted to have a management role, so there is no way he rejects that to coach again...especially for the Buss's.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#154 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:44 pm

deNIEd wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:ok thats what I thought but Ireland was on the radio only saying 2. But I think we all agree that if we had a choice between Dwight and Mike D. The choice is kinda obvious. But the question is now is when or if it happens does Phil Jackson even want to hear from Jim and Jerry Buss again

Phil is supposed to be the front runner for a management position in Seattle. Phil has always wanted to have a management role, so there is no way he rejects that to coach again...especially for the Buss's.

But why is it so hard to give Phil a percentage of the team and some say so over roster moves? The guy has only taken us to 7 NBA finals over the last 12 year. But that Seattle opportunity couldn't have come up at a worse time because your right
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
And1: 208

Post#155 » by ShowTimeERA » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Jarrod Rudolph -
You must all make sure that you don't confuse a team's desire to trade for a player with a player's desire to be traded. It's not the same.

In other words, don't confuse bk wanting to trade for Dwight Howard with Dwight actually wanting or requesting to be traded.

On to the next rumor.
Jetset
RealGM

Post#156 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:45 pm

leeprettyp wrote:
destro wrote:i'm sure ireland like most people are acting under the presumption that this team will be a 7-8 seed and sneak into the playoffs. there's no way on god's green earth that d'antoni can be retained if he coaches a team that has dwight howard, kobe bryant, pau gasol, and steve nash on it and not make the playoffs. if he is then we're in worse shape then i thought and i can no longer defend jim buss. and yes, starting the 2013-14 season teams over the cap can't sign and trade.

Why wait for the summer imo? Fire the guy now and let Bickerstaff run the team until the summer. Then attempt to go at Phil if he says no then bring in Brian Shaw or even Rambis. We arent going anywhere as currently constructed with this coaching scheme

if you remember after brown was fired and bickerstaff coached a few games, he was asked about being the head coach. he said he's not looking to be the permanent coach, he was only a fill-in until they found someone else. whether or not he was going to accept it i'm sure the lakers would've went he direction they went it anyway. but anyway, this season too far gone and i think this is too big of a colossal disappointment for someone bickerstaff to handle. no matter who we bring in at this point is going to get us into the playoffs and if he did so what, this team wasn't built for first round exits.

no, this needs to be on d'antoni and the FO and i want both of them to get major heat together when the team is sitting home in april and every network that talks sports is destroying them. i sort of feel bad for d'antoni because he's more than likely done in the nba.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,645

Post#157 » by dockingsched » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:47 pm

haven't read the thread, but the article is one hell of a ridiculously speculative piece. entire idea is based on the wolves facilitating a trade that they never even got contacted about and that is completely horrible for them.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Jetset
RealGM

Post#158 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:47 pm

deNIEd wrote:

a big question that remains to be seen is whether or not buss would oust mitch in favor phil coaching and running the team his way. i believe phil would accept the head coach position here if he had say in the FO. but i don't feel comfortable doing that to kupchak.

either way whether he ends up for la or seattle it's great to me. i'm pulling for both teams.
Jetset
RealGM

Post#159 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 pm

dockingsched wrote:haven't read the thread, but the article is one hell of a ridiculously speculative piece. entire idea is based on the wolves facilitating a trade that they never even got contacted about and that is completely horrible for them.

brooklyn's already shot it down and now rudolph is saying that just because brooklyn wants dwight doesn't meant dwight wants brooklyn, nothing to worry about :D
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#160 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:49 pm

destro wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:

if you remember after brown was fired and bickerstaff coached a few games, he was asked about being the head coach. he said he's not looking to be the permanent coach, he was only a fill-in until they found someone else. whether or not he was going to accept it i'm sure the lakers would've went he direction they went it anyway. but anyway, this season too far gone and i think this is too big of a colossal disappointment for someone bickerstaff to handle. no matter who we bring in at this point is going to get us into the playoffs and if he did so what, this team wasn't built for first round exits.

no, this needs to be on d'antoni and the FO and i want both of them to get major heat together when the team is sitting home in april and every network that talks sports is destroying them. i sort of feel bad for d'antoni because he's more than likely done in the nba.

Your 100% right but were already paying Bernie for this season and he doesnt get in the players way and allows us to play to our strengths. i do agree the schedule was in our favor during that 4-1 run with him. But as of now it doesnt matter who we play we dont even expect to win anymore and thats just sad

Return to Los Angeles Lakers