ImageImageImageImageImage

Not Many Trade Options for our Lakers Mitch says

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Re: If you were Mitch Kupchak 

Post#101 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:08 pm

I wouldn't say that. Dwight may never be his old self again. Love is 3 years younger and doesn't have a back injury while this would put Pau back in his natural position Now we might suck even more defensively but at least we should have much better team chemistry.
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Re: Brooklyn pursuing Dwight?? 

Post#102 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:10 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Lets trade him to Charlotte for MKG & picks. May be MJ beating him on the head with a lead pipe in practice everyday will knock some sense into him or else he can turn into the next Kwame.

then we could turn around and trade mkg for picks and draft muhammad this year. score.

there's one part of this that bothers me, and that everyone screaming "trade dwight" seems to be forgetting. if we wait long enough we could end up with dwight and love on the same team. sorry, but i'm just not willing to give dwight what he wants. if he wants to go to brooklyn he can go for the mle, because he's only getting to brooklyn that way unless we're facilitating a trade. if he wants to go dallas/atl he can do so by leaving $18 million on the table.

from what i've read so far it seems that while dwight may not be the happiest camper right now, but he still hasn't asked for a trade. this is more so brooklyn wanting to acquire him. but if/when dwight does want to play hard ball, then mitch needs to play right back. not fold like bitches like orlando did.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#103 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:13 pm

destro wrote:
SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Lets trade him to Charlotte for MKG & picks. May be MJ beating him on the head with a lead pipe in practice everyday will knock some sense into him or else he can turn into the next Kwame.

then we could turn around and trade mkg for picks and draft muhammad this year. score.

there's one part of this that bothers me, and that everyone screaming "trade dwight" seems to be forgetting. if we wait long enough we could end up with dwight and love on the same team. sorry, but i'm just not willing to give dwight what he wants. if he wants to go to brooklyn he can go for the mle, because he's only getting to brooklyn that way unless we're facilitating a trade. if he wants to go dallas/atl he can do so by leaving $18 million on the table.

from what i've read so far it seems that while dwight may not be the happiest camper right now, but he still hasn't asked for a trade. this is more so brooklyn wanting to acquire him. but if/when dwight does want to play hard ball, then mitch needs to play right back. not fold like bitches like orlando did.

that would be true if it wasn't for the source who gets his info from Dwight's camp.
Rondo2Hondo
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#104 » by Rondo2Hondo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Get rid of D'Antoni. Trade Pau. Maybe even trade Nash.

Hire Jerry Sloan.

Trade Pau for some no-nonsense role players.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aj8qdq5

Something like that should work.

I would trade Nash to Toronto for Lowry - I feel like they would do it just for the extra revenue. Raps would include Fields horrible contract or Kleiza.

Now you have:
Coach Sloan
CT: Howard/ Sacre/ Hill (INJ)
PF: Millsap/ Clark/ Jamison
SF: Artest/ Kleiza/ Ebanks
SG: Bryant/ Bell/ Meeks/ Roy (INJ)
PG: Lowry/ Blake/ Duhon

Waive: Ebanks
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#105 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 pm

i know who jarrod rudolph is. if dwight wants to be traded then he needs to sack up like he did in orlando and say so. i almost want him to, he's going to get eaten alive.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,750

Post#106 » by ROballer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:21 pm

I'd only trade Dwight if he'd shown signs that he won't resign here.....and after that many months,until the deadline it should be clear

If he's giving signs of not returning...

Ibaka,Lamb,P.Jones+ Tor's pick and 2 other 1st round picks for Howard

Our season's over anyways,might as well get a few promising young players and picks in return
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#107 » by The Skyhook » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:29 pm

Build a time machine and get all of our draft picks back because if this team was going to be this bad anyway you might as well start the rebuilding process by drafting some young guys.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#108 » by The Skyhook » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:40 pm

destro wrote:

Woj just came out and said that the Lakers don't want to trade Gasol if it will bring back a long term contract. They definitely seem to be sticking to the plan of letting the monstrous contracts of Kobe and Gasol expire. Steve Nash expires the year after that and it happens to be that Kevin Love is eligible to become a free agent that summer.

The one problem that Dwight might have with this plan is how long it might take and convincing Dwight to stay put while he has to go through 1 - 2 more seasons similar to this one might not be easy.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,441

Post#109 » by Slava » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:42 pm

destro wrote:

That post was more tongue in cheek, a little off topic but I think Mkg is better than Shabazz.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#110 » by The Laker Kid » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Unless MN gets other talent, it's a terrible trade for them.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#111 » by Cashin out » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Kevin Love is overrated, nothing but a stat padder and doesn't play any defense. He also has weight problems.

No thanks.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#112 » by The Laker Kid » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 pm

1. Toss Pringles, buy KFC. Do a "come to Jesus" moment and all that.
2. Trade Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant for Kevin Durant
3. Sign Laron Profit and make him wear #24 so we get "Kobe" back, without all the ball hogging.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#113 » by CraZyPraiZ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:22 pm

Dwight is gone. That is a foregone conclusion. He and Kobe can not coexist. Kobe said he'd be the 3rd option and Dwight wants the ball to go through him. Kobe is all about me me me. Otherwise he'd be appeasing the big fella and changing his game to accommodate D12 for the future of the Lakers. One of you posted that Dwight would wait 2-3 seasons of this here. Hmmm I wonder why he left Orlando. You are in the same position as the Magic. If he walks even for lesser money then you get nothing. Good luck with this cancer, drama queen.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#114 » by Kilroy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:31 pm

CraZyPraiZ wrote:Dwight is gone. That is a foregone conclusion. He and Kobe can not coexist. Kobe said he'd be the 3rd option and Dwight wants the ball to go through him. Kobe is all about me me me. Otherwise he'd be appeasing the big fella and changing his game to accommodate D12 for the future of the Lakers. One of you posted that Dwight would wait 2-3 seasons of this here. Hmmm I wonder why he left Orlando. You are in the same position as the Magic. If he walks even for lesser money then you get nothing. Good luck with this cancer, drama queen.

You're missing one tiny aspect of all this... We're the Lakers... We don't give a **** if Dwight leaves...

We'll bend over backwards for talented players that want to be here, but we also facilitate/expedite the exit of any player that doesn't...

If Dwight demands a trade, he'll be traded before the deadline, unless it's about the system or coach or whatever... Then the system/Coach will change.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,370

Post#115 » by Vertical Limit » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:32 pm

destro wrote:
Vertical Limit wrote:
TruSkool wrote:i hate to say it but i think i'd have to trade one of the 2 bigs- gasol or howard. probably gasol.

although, id look to package howard to the grizzlies for marc gasol+rudy gay. this way the gasol brothers can probably be play very well together, and rudy gay would just be a plus/filler.

nash
kobe
gay
gasol
gasol

use mwp as a 6th man.

Problem is Marc is committed to Memphis and would retire there. If you trade Dwight to Memphis he's leaving for Brooklyn or Dallas in the offseason without a doubt. Memphis won't do that trade unless Dwight signs an extension right then and there.

you know, i keep seeing this being brought up over and over. "he's leaving to brooklyn in the offseason". can you explain to me how it is possible that the nets get dwight in any possible way other than a trade?

First let me explain that I don't think Dwight leaves LA for any team in the offseason.

My point was if LA trades him to Memphis this season then he is leaving Memphis. He would not leave LA for another team but for a small market like Memphis he would get the hell out of there in an instant.

And second, trades always happen. Lebron and Bosh were free agents and could have signed outright to Miami, but to get that final year option (30 million more or something like that), they cooperated with their former teams that landed Toronto and Cleveland a bunch of future first round draft picks from Miami.

So yeah, a trade would happen even if Dwight is a free agent. Dwight's agent would go back to Memphis and work out a sign and trade with the Nets and try to get Lopez probably and maybe Brooks with some first round picks.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#116 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Kilroy wrote:
CraZyPraiZ wrote:Dwight is gone. That is a foregone conclusion. He and Kobe can not coexist. Kobe said he'd be the 3rd option and Dwight wants the ball to go through him. Kobe is all about me me me. Otherwise he'd be appeasing the big fella and changing his game to accommodate D12 for the future of the Lakers. One of you posted that Dwight would wait 2-3 seasons of this here. Hmmm I wonder why he left Orlando. You are in the same position as the Magic. If he walks even for lesser money then you get nothing. Good luck with this cancer, drama queen.

You're missing one tiny aspect of all this... We're the Lakers... We don't give a **** if Dwight leaves...

We'll bend over backwards for talented players that want to be here, but we also facilitate/expedite the exit of any player that doesn't...

If Dwight demands a trade, he'll be traded before the deadline, unless it's about the system or coach or whatever... Then the system/Coach will change.

And thats the part these TROLLERS dont understand about us. WE ARE THE SHOW, we'll be back REGARDLESS OF DWIGHT OR NOT
Ballah
Bench Warmer
And1: 573

Post#117 » by Ballah » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Jarrod Rudolph doesn't write facts, he writes Dwight's wishes and fantasies.
showtimePL
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#118 » by showtimePL » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:51 pm

You guys should take it easy on DH12. I dont understand how you may want to trade him. He was supposed to be back from surgery in around Christmas, its 2 weeks after Christmas, hes getting 17 ppg with so much more offensive talent around him to share the ball with than he used to have and leads league in rebounds. Hes also getting in better shape on weekly basis. And for Love? Come on.

We need to fire D'Antoni. Hes good offensive coach, but absolutely doesn't care about defense. I would like to see Rambis or McMillan coaching our defense. We got great big nucleus in Howard/Clark/Hill, trading Pau for good perimeter defender and implementing defensive system would make us top defense in the league after full training camp. And we got cap cleared after 2014, so our future looks quite bright if u ask me
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#119 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Ballah wrote:Jarrod Rudolph doesn't write facts, he writes Dwight's wishes and fantasies.

This!!!!!
XtotheDeezy
Veteran
And1: 1,790

Post#120 » by XtotheDeezy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

I think the problem is with D'Antoni as well, but if Dwight doesn't understand that and requests a trade, then I'd rather than Lakers let him leave (or get someone like Love) than have him locked up all disgruntled.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers