Not Many Trade Options for our Lakers Mitch says

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: Brooklyn pursuing Dwight?? 

Post#181 » by Kilroy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:11 pm

The only way that works for everyone is for D'Antoni to step down. I'm not sure how they convince him to do that though.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Re: Not Many Trade Options for our Lakers Mitch says 

Post#182 » by Run-MKE 311 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 pm

leeprettyp wrote:
Run-MKE 311 wrote:Mitch is damn good at this, he is not going to show his hand. He is correct that there is a not a lot of room to be active in the trade market, but we all know that he wants to do something with Pau. I would be shocked if something does not happy to shake things up.

I am not asking for a reaction based freak out, but Pau has needed to go for a while now and his value sinks each day. Mitch has weaved magic in the past, the Lakers certainly need it again now.

The season has been a complete disaster, I understand injuries hurt, but this team as currently constructed, is not going to win a damn thing.

I agree with this. But here's my opinion, Mitch and Jim have their eyes on 2014 and 2015 class of free agents, but why put all the eggs in one basket waiting for that free agent class? We should focus on winning now. But We have the great Superstars Kobe, and Dwight... Alongside great core players in Metta, and Nash. Also great talent in Hill (i know he hurt), Clark. Now we need to fill the rest of the roster out with players that compliment their games, will rebound and play SOLID DEFENSE. Guys that wont pout when their only shooting 3-5 times in a game. This roster has to many names on it in my opinion. Pau recently has been a big culprit of that. It's not hard to see that he doesn't really like/or can get comfortable being the 3rd/4th option on this team

You make a really good point about the 14' & 15' free agent classes. Obviously there has been some very early speculation as it pertains to Bron', personally I do not see that happening, but I am sure Jim Buss wants to take a big swing and put his stamp on the franchise.

In one respect, I feel for Mitch, Jim and the FO, because they are really being forced to straddle two eras of Laker basketball. They want to get the most out of Kobe's final years and he really has shown that he can play for a few more years. But that goes against them being able to make Dwight THE guy, or really have the ability to put their vision together for the future.

it is a tough situation for everyone in LA right now, there is an answer out there, but they really have to take a look at everything within this franchise Coach, system, players, etc.
Ball so hard.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#183 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:20 pm

And that IMO is sucking up their pride and convincing Phil to comeback.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#184 » by hermes » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:23 pm

we could get brook lopez??????????????????

DO IT MITCH :wizard:
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#185 » by TyCobb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:23 pm

I think I'm going to create a website and ask for donations from Lakers fans to cover the rest of D'Antoni's contract so he can get the hell out of here.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#186 » by Doormatt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:28 pm

tiderulz wrote:
ROballer wrote:I'd only trade Dwight if he'd shown signs that he won't resign here.....and after that many months,until the deadline it should be clear

If he's giving signs of not returning...

Ibaka,Lamb,P.Jones+ Tor's pick and 2 other 1st round picks for Howard

Our season's over anyways,might as well get a few promising young players and picks in return

why would OKC do that? they could trade that for picks and other cheap assets and just sign Howard outright

LA isnt going to get much if they trade Howard.

LOL WUT. the thunder cant even think of signing anyone to a max contract. why do you think they traded harden? they cant sign howard outright even if they wanted to.
#doorgek
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#187 » by Run-MKE 311 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 pm

I am open for a move of Dwight, but do not want the Lakers to take junk back in return. We need shooters back, but it has to have long term impact.

Love would be a great piece, but now I am concerned with his ability to stay healthy long term. This is just a messy situation for the Lakers right now.
Ball so hard.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#188 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:32 pm

TyCobb wrote:I think I'm going to create a website and ask for donations from Lakers fans to cover the rest of D'Antoni's contract so he can get the hell out of here.

lmaooooo. I bet everybody would pitch in regardless of the economy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#189 » by Doormatt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:32 pm

MaxwellSmart wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:thats a HORRIBLE trade for us smh!!!

Not if you get a draft pick or two---and Pierce's salary for next year is only partially guaranteed ($5 Mil)
Lakers are WAY over the Luxury tax.

irrelevant, it an awful trade. if the lakers just wanted savings they could do much better.

the lakers say no easily to any trade really and neither boston nor the nets have any leverage in any deals because they cannot sign dwight in the off season. people seem to think the lakers are in the same position as the magic last year, when we are not. we're perfectly fine with playing the season out and letting dwight decide where he wants to go. unless we get a slam dunk no brainer offer for dwight we arent trading him.
#doorgek
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#190 » by tiderulz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Doormatt wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
ROballer wrote:I'd only trade Dwight if he'd shown signs that he won't resign here.....and after that many months,until the deadline it should be clear

If he's giving signs of not returning...

Ibaka,Lamb,P.Jones+ Tor's pick and 2 other 1st round picks for Howard

Our season's over anyways,might as well get a few promising young players and picks in return

why would OKC do that? they could trade that for picks and other cheap assets and just sign Howard outright

LA isnt going to get much if they trade Howard.

LOL WUT. the thunder cant even think of signing anyone to a max contract. why do you think they traded harden? they cant sign howard outright even if they wanted to.

you see where I said they could trade Ibaka+lamb+PJ3 for picks to other teams, Martin expires, and they could have room to sign Howard. Amnesty Perkins and trade Ibaka, thats $20mil right there.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,652

Post#191 » by dockingsched » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:34 pm

i read this during my lunch and posted about it, and having though it over a few hrs, its surprising how little i care what happens to dwight. i don't have any sense of attachment to him, like he's not really a part of the team for me.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#192 » by CraZyPraiZ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:39 pm

Anytime someone comments here they're a troll. We tried to warn you about D12. I'm just not sure what makes him happy anymore. Whoever told him he was a scorer just completely ruined him. I think it all started going downhill after the Olympics.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,652

Post#193 » by dockingsched » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 pm

get outta here troll
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#194 » by Doormatt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:45 pm

tiderulz wrote:you see where I said they could trade Ibaka+lamb+PJ3 for picks to other teams, Martin expires, and they could have room to sign Howard. Amnesty Perkins and trade Ibaka, thats $20mil right there.

if they trade ibaka for nothing but picks, amnesty perkins, and dont resign martin - the thunder next year would be sitting at about 46-47 million in payroll. this is without accounting for cap holds of picks, which probably puts them near 50 million.

in what world do they have enough to sign a max contract?
#doorgek
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#195 » by Kilroy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:48 pm

dockingsched wrote:i read this during my lunch and posted about it, and having though it over a few hrs, its surprising how little i care what happens to dwight. i don't have any sense of attachment to him, like he's not really a part of the team for me.

Yeah, I can't muster any feelings of attachment either... I don't think he's going anywhere, but I don't care much if he does... I was excited about getting Dwight for now, but I've never placed him in the same class as Shaq, Kap, Wilt or any of the other Lakers great franchise Centers.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Doormatt
RealGM

Post#196 » by Doormatt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:50 pm

if the thunder thought they could afford to keep another max type player, they wouldnt have **** traded james harden whose having a way better year than dwight.
#doorgek
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#197 » by Gek » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:55 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Lets trade him to Charlotte for MKG & picks. May be MJ beating him on the head with a lead pipe in practice everyday will knock some sense into him or else he can turn into the next Kwame.

that was a penis joke, right? I say trade the team for whatever you can get. See if we can play some mid season nba 2k9 and put together a dope squad.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#198 » by supaflash » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 pm

Just for **** n giggles:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6211751

out - Pau, Dwight

in - Love, Lopez, Barea

Min out - Love, Barea
Min in - Gasol, Watson

BK out - Lopez, Watson
BK in - Dwight

BK throws a draft pick to Min

Love and Lopez would probably work well together and work well with Nash.

defensively we still wouldn't be very good, though Lopez has been decent and Love is ok... but we'd be fun to watch...
Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Post#199 » by Kalidogg24 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:00 am

REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
Wreckus13
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#200 » by Wreckus13 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 am

TyCobb wrote:I think I'm going to create a website and ask for donations from Lakers fans to cover the rest of D'Antoni's contract so he can get the hell out of here.

I'm totally serious when I say I would give as much as I can. I'll sell my tickets for it

Return to Los Angeles Lakers