Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Re: Re: 

Post#161 » by Jetset » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Ockham wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Pau Gasol: "We're playing our own system."

"I do not know if we are playing (Mike) D'Antoni's system much right now, we are doing our own system a bit, a slow passing game, putting a lot of the ball in the hands of Kobe (Bryant), playing blocks direct from the low post, and from there distributing the ball very well."

And MDA's answer is...

"Finally we hit rock bottom and who knows why things stick (but) it does and they decided to do this. And, it's good."

Really? This guy is a joke...

d'antoni doesn't have an answer. they're not even running his offense if you haven't noticed, nash isn't the primary ball handler. it's not surprising.

we're not running his offense and there's no defense to be ran, so what is he here for? because i don't know.
KB24TBOTB
RealGM
And1: 329

Re: Re: 

Post#162 » by KB24TBOTB » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:48 pm

destro wrote:
Ockham wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Pau Gasol: "We're playing our own system."

"I do not know if we are playing (Mike) D'Antoni's system much right now, we are doing our own system a bit, a slow passing game, putting a lot of the ball in the hands of Kobe (Bryant), playing blocks direct from the low post, and from there distributing the ball very well."

And MDA's answer is...

"Finally we hit rock bottom and who knows why things stick (but) it does and they decided to do this. And, it's good."

Really? This guy is a joke...

d'antoni doesn't have an answer. they're not even running his offense if you haven't noticed, nash isn't the primary ball handler. it's not surprising.

we're not running his offense and there's no defense to be ran, so what is he here for? because i don't know.

Well, can't fire him now
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Re: "Kobe Johnson" 

Post#163 » by GeneralNash » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Well give credit to dantoni for giving the players the freedom to do what they want. And they are still running some pnr with nash and have been successful. Kobe Johnson was the answer all along however.

Sent via tapatalk 2
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: Kobe: This Ain't Working; We Need to Get Back to Basics 

Post#164 » by Kilroy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:24 pm

I merged a few of the Kobe threads together to keep things coherent.... I think it provides a better timeline to all this too...

And here's a post I made on the game thread...

Kilroy wrote:I haven't always been a fan of Kobe's shoot first and always style of play...
But I still say there's logic to him taking that role this season, especially under D'Antoni. This team lacks scorers. And they have the individual talent to shine no matter what Kobe's doing. I think on paper, D'Antoni's system needed Kobe to shoot more, especially outside to try to spread the floor for Pau and Dwight. And with Nash on the team, I think the assumption was that he'd take the facilitation duties off Kobe's plate.
So I don't fault Kobe this season.
I know the argument could be made that he should have recognized the detriment he was having on the team earlier, but I don't think it was his decision in the first place. I think it took the whole team basically going off the reservation, to get it changed. They're playing a system that seems to have been devised by Kobe and Pau, and everyone is feeding off of it.
Basically I think if everyone was playing like we all expected them to play, Kobe shooting a lot wouldn't matter. If Nash was Nash from last year, Kobe wouldn't have to be such a facilitator. If Dwight was the dominant interior force he was in the pass, Kobe wouldn't have to focus on scoring and defending as much. If Pau was half the player he was in the Olympics, even more facilitation duties and scoring duties would be off his plate. But since nobody has been terribly effective, Kobe needs to facilitate more.
I'm not going to blame him for that approach this year, but I'm glad he threw away the playbook and found a way to help the team be effective.
Good for him. Good for them. Good for us.
Now let's just build on it and stop harping on the past.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Lyrix
Junior
And1: 149

Re: Feeling For Kobe Thread 

Post#165 » by Lyrix » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:30 pm

dockingsched wrote:despite the disagreements among fans, you should be able to count on every lakers fan loving this version of kobe.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTPi2Tlxm3c[/youtube]
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Re: Kobe: This Ain't Working; We Need to Get Back to Basics 

Post#166 » by GeneralNash » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:01 am

Kilroy wrote:I merged a few of the Kobe threads together to keep things coherent.... I think it provides a better timeline to all this too...

And here's a post I made on the game thread...

Kilroy wrote:I haven't always been a fan of Kobe's shoot first and always style of play...
But I still say there's logic to him taking that role this season, especially under D'Antoni. This team lacks scorers. And they have the individual talent to shine no matter what Kobe's doing. I think on paper, D'Antoni's system needed Kobe to shoot more, especially outside to try to spread the floor for Pau and Dwight. And with Nash on the team, I think the assumption was that he'd take the facilitation duties off Kobe's plate.
So I don't fault Kobe this season.
I know the argument could be made that he should have recognized the detriment he was having on the team earlier, but I don't think it was his decision in the first place. I think it took the whole team basically going off the reservation, to get it changed. They're playing a system that seems to have been devised by Kobe and Pau, and everyone is feeding off of it.
Basically I think if everyone was playing like we all expected them to play, Kobe shooting a lot wouldn't matter. If Nash was Nash from last year, Kobe wouldn't have to be such a facilitator. If Dwight was the dominant interior force he was in the pass, Kobe wouldn't have to focus on scoring and defending as much. If Pau was half the player he was in the Olympics, even more facilitation duties and scoring duties would be off his plate. But since nobody has been terribly effective, Kobe needs to facilitate more.
I'm not going to blame him for that approach this year, but I'm glad he threw away the playbook and found a way to help the team be effective.
Good for him. Good for them. Good for us.
Now let's just build on it and stop harping on the past.

I don't think merging the Kobe Johnson thread makes any sense. Since when does going back to basics have anything to do with Kobe getting 14 assists a night. Totally different topics, and should be separate threads. De-merge please, thanks. :o

Return to Los Angeles Lakers