ImageImageImageImageImage

Kobe: This Ain't Working; We Need to Get Back to Basics

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Re: Feeling For Kobe Thread 

Post#81 » by Run-MKE 311 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:37 pm

I love Kobe and I love the Lakers, but I have a hard time feeling "bad" for him. He has 5 rings, millions of dollars, a banging hot wife (who he treats like dirt), private chopper to every game, top 10 player in league history, the best Laker in franchise history (my opinion), etc. etc. etc.

With that said, if Kobe did not want any piece of all of this (Howard, Nash, Brown, D'Antoni, etc.) he could have made it happen. I have a VERY hard time believing that he is not capable of affecting whatever change he wants to within that organization.

I want to see Kobe add 2 more rings to be exact and believe that he is capable of it. If he wants to get something done within that organization (scream/bitch/complain, try to force a firing or termination, apply absolutely intense media pressure to affect change, etc.) he can do it. That does not mean I think he will, but he certainly could.

If Kobe feels that there is something, anything, which may be standing in the way of his legacy, he will bulldoze it the fu*k out of the way.

Now that we are all done feeling "sorry" for one of the G.O.A.T.'s, let's figure out how to begin going about fixing this entire GD mess.
Ball so hard.
TheFix
Banned User
And1: 98

Post#82 » by TheFix » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Kobe isn't exactly blameless here.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#83 » by chefy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:51 pm

in a way i guess. but nah. imo hes part of the problem. every player in this team has issues. metta and kobe stopped playing defense since 2011. they said they're old/tired etc. but they lead the team in FGA lol. "old" was never an issue with pierce and allen. pau and dwight are 7 ft. pu$$ie$. we hired the wrong coach plane and simple. nash is too passive hes always in playsafe mode. our backcourt bench is awful morris,meeks,blake,duhon,
stunnar0b
Starter
And1: 121

Post#84 » by stunnar0b » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Penberthy wrote:I feel sorry for Kobe. Sorry that he feels the need to take 57 shots per game when he has 3 HOF's on his team. Sorry that he hasn't played defense in 3 years, and when he has managed to play D, his shooting % drops to 15%. Sorry that he hasn't figured out that he could average 10 dimes per game, but consciously chooses not to.

I agree with you dude
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,400

Post#85 » by Slava » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:42 pm

Me thinks Stunnarob and Penberthy are the same dude.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Yerstem
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#86 » by Yerstem » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:10 pm

Penberthy wrote:I feel sorry for Kobe. Sorry that he feels the need to take 57 shots per game when he has 3 HOF's on his team. Sorry that he hasn't played defense in 3 years, and when he has managed to play D, his shooting % drops to 15%. Sorry that he hasn't figured out that he could average 10 dimes per game, but consciously chooses not to.

+1
IamBBAnalysis
Pro Prospect
And1: 491

Post#87 » by IamBBAnalysis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:11 pm

chefy wrote:in a way i guess. but nah. imo hes part of the problem. every player in this team has issues. metta and kobe stopped playing defense since 2011. they said they're old/tired etc. but they lead the team in FGA lol. "old" was never an issue with pierce and allen. pau and dwight are 7 ft. pu$$ie$. we hired the wrong coach plane and simple. nash is too passive hes always in playsafe mode. our backcourt bench is awful morris,meeks,blake,duhon,

Yeah, no player on this team has been part of the solution. People thought Nash might be when he came back but now he's part of the problem too. No one is doing what is necessary to win on this team. That includes the coach.
stunnar0b
Starter

Post#88 » by stunnar0b » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14 pm

Yeah because we're the only ones that feel like if Kobe took more of a back seat this team would function a whole lot better then it does now. the dude is in his 17 year and still feels like he has to shoulder the load himself and everybody else just gets in where they fit in. I said it before and ill say it again I would rather us lose as a team, everybody fighting for eachother then Kobe isolating himself going full Chuck mode which results in a loss either way and builds tension in the locker room.

but w/e
stunnar0b
Starter

Post#89 » by stunnar0b » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

For the record Kobes my fav player and I appreciate what he's done for this organization but with the mixture of dantoni system and Kobes ego (his way won us five champions) this team won't have a chance until Kobe changes his game up or retires. its what it is.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#90 » by leeprettyp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:55 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Me thinks Stunnarob and Penberthy are the same dude.

Its crazy how many people are making or have multiple accounts just to like and/or say the same exact thing. We get it you hate kobe
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Re: Kobe: This Ain't Working; We Need to Get Back to Basics 

Post#91 » by GeneralNash » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Refs will not call obvious fouls on kobe last game. You cannot win when you are playing against the opposing team and the referees. What pssed me off is kobe shouod of made it a point to get thrown out of the last game after the ref did not call the obvious foul on that fast break.

Sent via tapatalk 2
stunnar0b
Starter

Post#92 » by stunnar0b » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Dude I just said he was my fav player. I can't be critical or what
stunnar0b
Starter

Post#93 » by stunnar0b » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:19 pm

So I guess I'm homeboi up top that agreed with pendude. Lol
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#94 » by Penberthy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:10 am

leeprettyp wrote:

Its crazy how many people are making or have multiple accounts just to like and/or say the same exact thing. We get it you hate kobe

Its crazy how many people are paranoid on this BASKETBALL board.

By the way, nice counter argument to the accusation that Kobe's chucking hurts the team.
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#95 » by b shaw20 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:00 am

leeprettyp wrote:

why are kobe apologists so sensitive?

Shh_t, many have accused me of being a kobe lover given the support I've had for him over the years (even through the legal battles). Not to mention the many jerseys, McFarlanes, books, magazines, videos, vhs tapes even I have collected.

But the one thing that gets to me is that he needs to win "his way" or nothing. He got plenty of help this year in guys who are capable of being legotimate offensive threats, yet Kobe continues to shoot at will. Why can't he share the offensive load with everyone? Why must he continue to eat more than a fair share? Ask yourself, what has Kobe sacrificed for this team?

He agreed to best scoring threats you say? Pppppfff, lol.... proceeded to get lit up then gave excuses that he was too tired to shoot well. How about shooting less then and let others help? MD said the ball "sticks" but he should have made it crystal clear that it stuck when it got to 24. Few guys can get a rhythm when they don't consistantly touch the ball ( thats a fact), much like Kobe himself. He gets himself going and completely forgets the other guys. 1 on 5 is not basketball and not fun to watch.

We need kobe to make his teammates better. Drive and dish, pass out of double teams consistantly. Drive and dish. Pass again and again, build trust. Help them help him.

Just win.
PandGneverfold
Banned User
And1: 42

Post#96 » by PandGneverfold » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:20 am

Come on now, that Kobe only wants to win his way has been disproven years ago. For a guy so hell bent on winning "his way" he sure did feed shaq consistently enough for the lakers to win three straight. He sure did incorporate pAu into the triangle and made pAu look better than he ever did on his way to three straight finals and two straight rings. Kobe has never been one to put winning on the back burner and just do things his way, his track record would prove other wise. Oh and just like people don't like to be called haters,please don't call anyone who disproves lies about Kobe an apologist.
dub81
Sixth Man
And1: 182

Post#97 » by dub81 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:25 am

we had a good run..Decade long run with a couple of ups and downs...unfortunately it's time to rebuild..i don't think we can retool...

Kobe is getting older

D'antoni was the wrong choice..

It's tool to cut this season as a lost and move on. refocus and get back to the money!
b shaw20
Bench Warmer

Post#98 » by b shaw20 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:31 pm

PandGneverfold wrote:Come on now, that Kobe only wants to win his way has been disproven years ago. For a guy so hell bent on winning "his way" he sure did feed shaq consistently enough for the lakers to win three straight. He sure did incorporate pAu into the triangle and made pAu look better than he ever did on his way to three straight finals and two straight rings. Kobe has never been one to put winning on the back burner and just do things his way, his track record would prove other wise. Oh and just like people don't like to be called haters,please don't call anyone who disproves lies about Kobe an apologist.

Pppff, please. After the 3 peat, Kobe like many other felt he needed to be the alpha dog and be the "man". So much so, that he played like an ass in the 2004 Finals. He refused to pass the ball to anyone, much less Shaq. He was going to win it his way or lose. We lost.

Shaq at that time, although he was underachieving to his standards was still dominant and many argue they could have won a few more together. Kobe preferred to have his own team over winning as Shaq's co-star. If you don't see that, you have blinders in.

And of course, Pau's help was welcomed by Kobe. But not for one second did anyone ever think Pau was the "man" on this team. How many times in all their games together has Kobe let Gasol shoot more than him? When has Kobe let Pau go off for 35-40 points when he was efficient and playing well?

I've watched him his whole career kid and to say that post shaq-kobe era, Kobe has take a back seat to anyone is laughable. My eyes don't lie, the stats don't lie.

Fga, look them up. Its a fact, Kobe has eaten the lion's share of FGA since Shaq left and there is no way to spin or debate that. Any jibberish to the contrary is simply "apologist talk".
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#99 » by leeprettyp » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:44 pm

b shaw20 wrote:
PandGneverfold wrote:Come on now, that Kobe only wants to win his way has been disproven years ago. For a guy so hell bent on winning "his way" he sure did feed shaq consistently enough for the lakers to win three straight. He sure did incorporate pAu into the triangle and made pAu look better than he ever did on his way to three straight finals and two straight rings. Kobe has never been one to put winning on the back burner and just do things his way, his track record would prove other wise. Oh and just like people don't like to be called haters,please don't call anyone who disproves lies about Kobe an apologist.

Pppff, please. After the 3 peat, Kobe like many other felt he needed to be the alpha dog and be the "man". So much so, that he played like an ass in the 2004 Finals. He refused to pass the ball to anyone, much less Shaq. He was going to win it his way or lose. We lost.

Shaq at that time, although he was underachieving to his standards was still dominant and many argue they could have won a few more together. Kobe preferred to have his own team over winning as Shaq's co-star. If you don't see that, you have blinders in.

And of course, Pau's help was welcomed by Kobe. But not for one second did anyone ever think Pau was the "man" on this team. How many times in all their games together has Kobe let Gasol shoot more than him? When has Kobe let Pau go off for 35-40 points when he was efficient and playing well?

I've watched him his whole career kid and to say that post shaq-kobe era, Kobe has take a back seat to anyone is laughable. My eyes don't lie, the stats don't lie.

Fga, look them up. Its a fact, Kobe has eaten the lion's share of FGA since Shaq left and there is no way to spin or debate that. Any jibberish to the contrary is simply "apologist talk".

12years 7NBA finals 5rings MVP 2xfinals MVP 4ASG MVP. Since 2000 that's a HELLUVA RUN. Whatever you say that is a FACT he accomplished that so far in his career. Whether u like the guy's game or not is your choice. But dont get upset when someone disagrees with your same boring statement. Whatever you say doesn't hold credence to it because the guy is a WINNER regardless of how these last 2 years play out. Mistakes were made on so many other levels than just Kobe shooting the ball. F.O., management, coaches and even other players played their part. To just single out Kobe is ludicrous and doesn't hold any merit besides the best player needs to hold SOME accountable for the season so far. But not the BRUNT or ALL of it. The team and the LAKER FRANCHISE as a WHOLE.....WET THE BED THIS SEASON.
b shaw20
Bench Warmer

Post#100 » by b shaw20 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Your are choking on your own vommit kid, ....stop already.

You are derailing my point which simply put, is Kobe refuses to sacrifice his offense regardless of who plays with him (post 2003). And sometimes, it is not what is in the best intrest of the team and is not condusive to winning basketball.

You don't have to agree with me, but stop making excuses for Kobe. Believe me whan I say that I want him to be successful and get more rings than Jordan, but IMO he has to sacrifice or share the scoring load with other capable players.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers