ImageImageImageImageImage

PLAYOFFS WATCH (All in for 7th seed!!!)

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Re: PLAYOFFS WATCH (Road to 8th seed) 

Post#121 » by AdonisDeMarion » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:06 am

This clippers game could play right into our hands. Monday they were in Philly, Rockets yesterday and they play un on the second nite of a B2B. We win this one by nine
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer

Post#122 » by AdonisDeMarion » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:29 am

Feb. 14 Los Angeles 10:30
-second nite of a b2b, the Clippers just played Houston last nite

Feb. 20 Boston 10:30
-second niye of a b2b, the Celtics play Denver the nite before

Feb. 22 Portland 10:30
- Portland gets 3 days of rest before our game(they play the Suns), we get two days of rest before we face them

Feb. 24 at Dallas 1:00
-Dallas and LA Lakers get one day of rest before the game( they play the Hornest)

Feb. 25 at Denver 9:00
-Denver comes off a b2b with on day of rest( they play the Wizards and Bobcats on the road), second nite of a b2b for us(trap game)
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#123 » by AcecardZ » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:46 am

AdonisDeMarion wrote:This clippers game could play right into our hands. Monday they were in Philly, Rockets yesterday and they play un on the second nite of a B2B. We win this one by nine

Harden didn't play so last night's game for the Clippers was nothing more than a scrimmage or warmup for tonight's contest. If Dwight beasts I like our chances to compete. Otherwise... It's going to be a very long night for us.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer

Post#124 » by AdonisDeMarion » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:00 am

AcecardZ wrote:
AdonisDeMarion wrote:This clippers game could play right into our hands. Monday they were in Philly, Rockets yesterday and they play un on the second nite of a B2B. We win this one by nine

Harden didn't play so last night's game for the Clippers was nothing more than a scrimmage or warmup for tonight's contest. If Dwight beasts I like our chances to compete. Otherwise... It's going to be a very long night for us.

I hope they get Howard going from jump. I want him to murder the Clippers front line, maybe another 20/20 game and a tripple double from Bryant 19/12/10. but all stats aside, I want Howard to get around 15-18 shots this game
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#125 » by AcecardZ » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:57 am

I don't see Dwight getting 18 shots against the Clippers unless the Clippers totally fall apart on D or unless Dwight is so active early he gets all of the Clipper bigs in foul trouble, something that's not totally out of the question.

Instead of 18 shots for Dwight I'd rather see him focus on defense and rebounding then let the offense come to him as the Clipper D allows. Dwight hasn't been very good this year when trying to force things but he's been very good when active, using his legs to get good position to seal off his man, and when he's used his athleticism to find openings for lobs, layups and dunks. Hopefully Metta and Earl will set some nice screens to free Dwight up for some easy looks.

Please Dwight! No manos de piedras (stone hands) tonight!

Oh and P U! if Matt stupid Barnes has a great game and starts flapping his gums against us I'm going to be sick!
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer

Post#126 » by AdonisDeMarion » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:28 pm

AcecardZ this game is a big game for us, with a win going into the break this should do us some good with all the rest the team will get. I can see Howard getting them into foul trouble, but he'll have to hit his damn free trows. As for Barnes, I've always liked the guy but he's starting to boarder on me a bit with his big mouth. Lets get this win tonite
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer

Post#127 » by AdonisDeMarion » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:28 pm

AcecardZ this game is a big game for us, with a win going into the break this should do us some good with all the rest the team will get. I can see Howard getting them into foul trouble, but he'll have to hit his damn free trows. As for Barnes, I've always liked the guy but he's starting to boarder on me a bit with his big mouth. Lets get this win tonite
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#128 » by Kobe System » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:27 am

OKC & LAL loss. LAC won. Embarrassing game. Standings updated.

4 games behind. 28 games left. Still doable. But we need to get our ish together. We have this All Star break to regroup.
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer

Post#129 » by AdonisDeMarion » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:56 am

Please dear God give us a defensive shooter
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer

Post#130 » by AdonisDeMarion » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:22 am

Kobe System wrote:OKC & LAL loss. LAC won. Embarrassing game. Standings updated.

4 games behind. 28 games left. Still doable. But we need to get our ish together. We have this All Star break to regroup.

That 8th seed is ours
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#131 » by AcecardZ » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Before the season started if somebody told me we'd be below .500 going into the All Star break the first thought that would have come to mind would have been "dear God! What kind of injuries is our team going to be plagued with?"

Fast forward to today and we've had the following:
Jordan Hill out for season
Steve Blake missed more than half of the games played so far
Steve Nash breaks a bone in his leg and misses a ton of games
Pau, out for extended period due to plantar fasciatis
Dwight less than 70% due to back surgery then tears labrum to boot

Laker haters can laugh all they want be the extent of injuries this team has had to deal with this year is mind boggling. It's amazing we're even where we are to be honest. For most of the year our team has been a 34 year old Kobe and a bunch of scrubs. Pau's foot ailment had him playing at 50%... Scrub! Nash is just finally getting into shape and playing to his abilities but for much of the season he's been out or played less than spectacular ball. Anybody with half a brain can see Dwight is nowhere near his old self. With garbage Blake out we have to give considerable minutes to an even worse player in Duhon. With Hill and Pau out our center contingent consists of Sacre (lol) and a gimpy Dwight.

Sure we're all pissed off about how the season has gone but let's face it few teams in the league would have a winning record with key players missing as many minutes as our players have.
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#132 » by rand0m » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 pm

Regardless of injuries, we still underperformed IMO. Poor excuse for the games we didn't show up in and the ones we gave away. Sometimes it came down to more than health and age. Embarrassing season for laker fans to say the least. SMH.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#133 » by AcecardZ » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:40 pm

rand0m wrote:Regardless of injuries, we still underperformed IMO. Poor excuse for the games we didn't show up in and the ones we gave away. Sometimes it came down to more than health and age. Embarrassing season for laker fans to say the least. SMH.

If Pau didn't have PF I would agree with your post. But Pau was absolutely horrible for a month and a half and we lost a ton of games during that stretch because he was near worthless out there in the court.

Injuries injuries injuries... Smh!

Pau is our 2nd/3rd best player. How good were we supposed to be with our second best player running around on one wheel? Throw in the myriad of other injuries and it really is amazing we're anywhere near .500 in a very tough Western Conference...
minifang
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#134 » by minifang » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:25 pm

We were better last year with just Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum. The role players were worse too. No excuses.
The Purple and Gold
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#135 » by Beethoven » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:09 am

Nobody will remember in two years we didn't make it to the playoffs due to injuries. No one. It will just be remembered as the super team year where we underachieved.

Kind of like the 2003-04 campaign. Everyone only remembers we failed with our souped-up Lakers Reloaded team. When in actuality we went all the way to the Finals but Karl Malone got injured during the playoffs and was trying to play through it in the finals
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#136 » by GeneralNash » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:24 am

I do not know. Dwight really sucks and Gasol is gone. Unless dwight does a 180 and becomes the old dwight then the season is ovrr.

Sent via tapatalk 2
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by AcecardZ » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:24 pm

GeneralNash wrote:I do not know. Dwight really sucks and Gasol is gone. Unless dwight does a 180 and becomes the old dwight then the season is ovrr.

Sent via tapatalk 2

This is pretty much correct... We have no big to rely on. How can we hope to play .700 ball the rest of the way with no front court to speak of whatsoever?

Dwight's not worthless, the guy can still rebound but he doesn't have the ability to be a game changing defensive stud the way he used to be before his back injury.
hazy_01
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#138 » by hazy_01 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:25 pm

I've seen flashes where Dwight and Nash connected perfectly in the PnR game. Hopefully we will see more consistency from that now on and Dwight can pick up his defensive intensity.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,111

Post#139 » by Dr Aki » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:14 pm

hazy_01 wrote:I've seen flashes where Dwight and Nash connected perfectly in the PnR game. Hopefully we will see more consistency from that now on and Dwight can pick up his defensive intensity.

theyre not flashes of brilliance, theyre flashes of poor defense
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer

Post#140 » by AdonisDeMarion » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:46 pm

I can't under stand why we can't get this together, its pissing me off

Return to Los Angeles Lakers