ImageImageImageImageImage

PLAYOFFS WATCH (All in for 7th seed!!!)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

minifang
Rookie
And1: 405

Re: PLAYOFFS WATCH (Road to 8th seed) 

Post#61 » by minifang » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:09 am

GS is worth mentioning. They lost four straight and are only 2.5 games ahead of Houston and Utah.
The Purple and Gold
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#62 » by Kobe System » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Too bad we lost to the Heat, but nothing unexpected. Let's just win the next four games on our floor and be back to .500. Next four games PHX/LAC/BOS/POR
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#63 » by moonpie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:06 am

POR lost tonight. Den is losing in 3OT
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#64 » by Kobe System » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:30 am

LAL, POR & HOU loss. Standings updated. Still 3.5 games outside the playoffs.

Note: Thanks Orlando and Sacramento. You made our loss a bit bearable. :lol:
LGND2552
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#65 » by LGND2552 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:26 am

We're hanging on by a goddamn thread. Keep grinding.
krikor
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#66 » by krikor » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:01 am

enjoyble thread, what is the new mathmatics and chances?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#67 » by TyCobb » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:04 am

Chances are you'll get a suspension in your near future.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#68 » by AcecardZ » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:14 am

LGND2552 wrote:We're hanging on by a goddamn thread. Keep grinding.

Yes we are but... I firmly believe if we win 8 of next 10 we'll make the playoffs. The problem with that is Dwight just isn't playing the way we need him to play to go on a big run. The damn shoulder injury was a killer! :(
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
krikor
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#69 » by krikor » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:22 am

TyCobb wrote:Chances are you'll get a suspension in your near future.

is this a warning? why not use PM for it then threaten me in public. I have no fear anyway, as I havent broke any rule out here
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by AcecardZ » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:37 am

krikor wrote:
TyCobb wrote:Chances are you'll get a suspension in your near future.

is this a warning? why not use PM for it then threaten me in public. I have no fear anyway, as I havent broke any rule out here

@Krikor

The mods in this forum do an excellent job of keeping things friendly. If you want to come in and needle us a little bit nobody would really mind a whole lot but you know you're crossing the line. Your rented hero has a long way to go before he'll get the championship pedigree of Kobe heck he has a long way to go before having the championship pedigree of Derek Fisher. Come back in a few years after a few more championships and ask us how wer're doing then would ya?
makaveli_99
Sixth Man
And1: 559

Post#71 » by makaveli_99 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Houston next 3 games: @GS, @ LA Clippers, vs OKC.

could very well be 0-3... 1-2 at best

LA needs to finish this week strong, it will be a big game vs LAC on Thursday!
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by AcecardZ » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:59 pm

We need to win 16 or our next 20 games. That would put us at 40-32 with ten games remaining at which time we should be just about ready to get back. Even if we go 5-5 over our last 10 games that would put us at 45 wins which should be just enough to squeak into the post season.

putting together that type of run won't be easy but it's not totally out of the question.

Even if we go 14-6 over our next 20 games that would put us at 38 and 34 with ten games remaining and Pau nearing return. Making the playoffs isn't totally out of the question we just have very little room for error.

Our next 20 games look like this:

Phoenix W
Clippers L (I'm trying to be realistic)

ASB (much needed rest for us, especially D12)

Boston W
Portland W

Dallas (a) W
Denver (a) L

Minnesota W
Atlanta W

OKC (a) L
New Orleans (a) W

Toronto W
Chicago W

Orlando (a) W
Atlanta (a) W (tricky game but a must win)
Indiana (a) L

Sacramento W

Phoenix (a) W

Washington W

Golden State (a) W
Minnesota (a) W

That's 20 games and if we manage to steal that Clippers game we can afford to slip up somewhere else along the way.

Thoughts? Am I nuts? Am I being too optimistic (something I'm rarely accused of)?

For what it's worth April should be a very good month for us if Pau returns. We have two really tough games, one against the Clippers and one at home against SA. It's quite possible we could run the month of April.

So yes in the words of Jim Carrey himself...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM[/youtube]
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,750

Post#73 » by ROballer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Knowing how we played all season long,there's absolutely no way we don't drop at least one or 2 games that scream "have to win" all over them :D

I wouldn't be surprised if we'll even it out with games most of us feel like there's no way we can win though

This team has yet to fire on all cylinders....putting aside the injuries,it seemed like there were always one or two players who stunk it up during a stretch while the others played great

Gasol,Howard,now MWP

Once all play well (not a given,but I surely hope so ) we'll be a better ball club,at least on O ....that should be enough for now to be winning most of the games
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#74 » by GeneralNash » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:14 pm

AcecardZ wrote:We need to win 16 or our next 20 games. That would put us at 40-32 with ten games remaining at which time we should be just about ready to get back. Even if we go 5-5 over our last 10 games that would put us at 45 wins which should be just enough to squeak into the post season.

putting together that type of run won't be easy but it's not totally out of the question.

Even if we go 14-6 over our next 20 games that would put us at 38 and 34 with ten games remaining and Pau nearing return. Making the playoffs isn't totally out of the question we just have very little room for error.

Our next 20 games look like this:

Phoenix W
Clippers L (I'm trying to be realistic)

ASB (much needed rest for us, especially D12)

Boston W
Portland W

Dallas (a) W
Denver (a) L

Minnesota W
Atlanta W

OKC (a) L
New Orleans (a) W

Toronto W
Chicago W

Orlando (a) W
Atlanta (a) W (tricky game but a must win)
Indiana (a) L

Sacramento W

Phoenix (a) W

Washington W

Golden State (a) W
Minnesota (a) W

That's 20 games and if we manage to steal that Clippers game we can afford to slip up somewhere else along the way.

Thoughts? Am I nuts? Am I being too optimistic (something I'm rarely accused of)?

For what it's worth April should be a very good month for us if Pau returns. We have two really tough games, one against the Clippers and one at home against SA. It's quite possible we could run the month of April.

So yes in the words of Jim Carrey himself...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM[/youtube]

Optimistic...well Lakers have had some good games but we still lose to teams that we should beat. If Lakers can beat the teams they should beat I can see them getting 7th to 6th seed by the end of the season.

Sent via tapatalk 2
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#75 » by JohnVancouver » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:34 pm

Thanks for the rundown Ace

My feeling is, LAC, OKC, Miami (though not in upcoming sked) and DEN still have better rosters than we do. GSW as well. We can beat any of them if the team is playing they way they've shown glimpses of, help defense, ball movement, hustle etc.

But I just don't see it realistically happening. love to see it, but don't think we will.
Pau out hurts bad - trying to involve Dwight kills our offensive flow. Then Kobe goes hero-mode and everyone stands around.
Dwight is killing us right now, seems to me.

Anyway, you've got us at 16 of 20. I think BOS and PTL will be tough. I'm guessing 12 of 20, pessimistically.
really counting on Utah and HOUS to fail.
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#76 » by Kilroy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Dwight is the one player on this team that seems to be refusing to adapt to a new way of playing. Am I missing something... How has Dwight changed for this roster?

That's bound to kill flow.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#77 » by rand0m » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:01 pm

If the magic number is 45 wins we still need to play .700 ball the rest of the way. That's assuming its 45 and not more. There's not even many teams playing that well to date. Sure the schedule is a big factor here, but LA hasn't looked even close to consistent. I don't feel good about it at all.
IamBBAnalysis
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#78 » by IamBBAnalysis » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:38 pm

rand0m wrote:If the magic number is 45 wins we still need to play .700 ball the rest of the way. That's assuming its 45 and not more. There's not even many teams playing that well to date. Sure the schedule is a big factor here, but LA hasn't looked even close to consistent. I don't feel good about it at all.

The Lakers have gained ground recently...even with the 4-3 stretch. And this week they have a good chance to gain ground on Houston and Utah. The Lakers have an easy 2 games with Phoenix at home and then the Clippers at home (Clippers are on back to back). I'm going to this game by the way...4th row center court. :D Little valentines day treat for myself.

Utah has a game at home vs OKC and then a back to back on the road against Minnesota. Houston has two road games...the Warriors and then Clippers. Both teams could easily lose both these games.

Plenty of time. Howard seems to be the biggest factor now.
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#79 » by rand0m » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:36 am

All hope is not lost but I honestly thought we would be in position by now (tied for a spot). Rather we are still banking on some easy games and our competition to drop off a bit. We have to be doing better than 4-3. I expected 5-2 and definitely not a blowout in Boston and having to comeback on the bobcats. 16-4 for the next 20 is too optimistic. 13-14 wins seem more realistic (ATL, BOS, CHI?).
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#80 » by GeneralNash » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:28 am

rand0m wrote:All hope is not lost but I honestly thought we would be in position by now (tied for a spot). Rather we are still banking on some easy games and our competition to drop off a bit. We have to be doing better than 4-3. I expected 5-2 and definitely not a blowout in Boston and having to comeback on the bobcats. 16-4 for the next 20 is too optimistic. 13-14 wins seem more realistic (ATL, BOS, CHI?).

Lakers are 7-3 their last 10 games including the 7 game grammy road trip. I think it is pretty logical they will have a positive record in their last remaining games.

Sent via tapatalk 2

Return to Los Angeles Lakers