ImageImageImageImageImage

Dwight alluding to staying with the Lakers?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Re: Dwight alluding to leaving the Lakers? 

Post#41 » by Kobe System » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:35 am

What makes Howard happy these days?

“Having fun on the court,” he said. “That makes me happy.”

Ask Kobe what makes him happy and he'll answer quickly -- "A Championship".
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#42 » by myersia » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:40 am

Kobe System wrote:
What makes Howard happy these days?

“Having fun on the court,” he said. “That makes me happy.”

Ask Kobe what makes him happy and he'll answer quickly -- "A Championship".

Pau's response would be the same. Pau also wants to be here. Hmmmmmmm
mirrornick
RealGM
And1: 13,725

Post#43 » by mirrornick » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:41 am

I feel bad for the Lakers. When the Lakers picked up Dwight and Nash, I thought you guys will be the team to beat in the west. I even thought the Lakers could challenge the 96 bulls' record.

One more question: Do you guys think the Lakers will still make the playoffs?

I personally think right now it's the last chance to get back to the playoffs. I still don't like D'antoni, and I knew he was a bad coach.

Good luck to you guys!
Kobe System
Lead Assistant

Post#44 » by Kobe System » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:48 am

mirrornick wrote:I feel bad for the Lakers. When the Lakers picked up Dwight and Nash, I thought you guys will be the team to beat in the west. I even thought the Lakers could challenge the 96 bulls' record.

I personally think right now it's the last chance to get back to the playoffs. I still don't like D'antoni, and I knew he was a bad coach.

Good luck to you guys!

I still do. 4 games out with 28 games left, it's very doable. But we need to play better (way better) after the All Star break. We might also need to add a player or two.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#45 » by myersia » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:04 am

Kobe System wrote:
mirrornick wrote:I feel bad for the Lakers. When the Lakers picked up Dwight and Nash, I thought you guys will be the team to beat in the west. I even thought the Lakers could challenge the 96 bulls' record.

Good luck to you guys!

I still do. 4 games out with 28 games left, it's very doable. But we need to play better (way better) after the All Star break. We might also need to add a player or two.

Or get rid of one HUGE problem :lol:
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#46 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:06 am

Michael Lucky wrote:Honestly I don't care all that much if he leaves or not. Let's face it we aren't winning a championship next year either and I have serious doubts that he'll ever be the same player he was pre back surgery. If he isn't the player he once was and simply is more of what we've had this year then he'll never be a player we can build around for championships. At that point i'd just take my risks in free agency in 14 and 15 and build a new team, hopefully one that has better chemistry than this one.
Best post in the thread. And everything you said can't be refuted. Only sad part is that we would've wasted Kobe's last years on having him play with gutless, bull crap players.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#47 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:19 am

So Gutta wrote:Tell us where he's going to sign in free agency, please.
Well the geniuses outside this board think it's either Atlanta, Dallas or Houston. The better question is how do those teams fit his style ?

Houston as currently constructed isn't a post play team, they got guys who think they're all star caliber and they're not.

Dallas.....hell quite frankly they're in a worst off situation than we are, yeah they have cap space but one fatal sign to show you that isn't always gravy is when a guy like D-Will wouldn't even go there. Hell Dirk is even starting to wonder what the hell will be his final fate there. And over half of the roster won't be back.

Atlanta is another cesspool about to blow up.

Bottom line is this if Dwight wants to cough up 30 extra mil just for whatever the hell it is that he's looking for, then F it......do what you gotta do.

The Lakers will survive and rebound back.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
gfresh8
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#48 » by gfresh8 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:50 am

It would be too early for Dwight to leave the Lakers IMO. He just came back from a pretty major back injury and he still hasn't played like the Dwight Howard we're so accustomed to seeing. Not only that its only the first year that the Lakers have this type of team with a new coach and a new style of play. Even Miami was criticizes in their first year. They aren't doing so great right now, but with some time and maybe some new pieces added to their team to match of to their style of play the Lakers will be competitive as usual.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,693

Post#49 » by Zeno » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:51 am

Would you guys consider sending Howard to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe and Lamar Odom's expiring which I think could probably be flipped for something of value before the deadline? Maybe trade him to Dallas for Shawn Marion, giving Cuban the chance to open up more cap space and the joy of waving him again.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Kobe System
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by Kobe System » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:53 am

Zeno wrote:Would you guys consider sending Howard to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe and Lamar Odom's expiring which I think could probably be flipped for something of value before the deadline? Maybe trade him to Dallas for Shawn Marion, giving Cuban the chance to open up more cap space and the joy of waving him again.

Hell no.
jerkslo
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#51 » by jerkslo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:02 am

Zeno wrote:Would you guys consider sending Howard to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe and Lamar Odom's expiring which I think could probably be flipped for something of value before the deadline? Maybe trade him to Dallas for Shawn Marion, giving Cuban the chance to open up more cap space and the joy of waving him again.

Throw in Grant Hill and yes! And I'd keep Lamar.
Minime83
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#52 » by Minime83 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:10 am

We need to keep ...
Clark, Hill, Kobe, Nash, MWP, Pau = = = Players who all want to stay and enjoy playing in LA

We need to bring in players who want to be in LA and win champion ship = Howard is not %100 honest/sure he wants to stay - so why keep him?

Players I've heard who would love to be a Laker are
K.Love
R.Rondo

And I'm sure there are others. Bring in people who want to stay and or be a Laker - Enough said
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 78

Post#53 » by JustAwesome » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:28 am

Not sure how much Gasol still enjoys Los Angeles. Aside from being neglected by D'Antoni, the fans turned on him yet again. That can't feel good.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#54 » by kblo247 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:13 am

I just want him gone because I think he never wanted to be here, and he refuses to try and make the most of it. I think he expects the others to make the most of it for him, as he plays for a contract and not the lakers. Just my opinion though

I've seen the guy put on a laker jersey and play but anyone who shops at footlocker can do that. I have yet to see Dwight come out this season and leave it all out there though and try to represent the name on the front and back ala Kobe, or even shaq
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#55 » by kblo247 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:19 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
So Gutta wrote:Tell us where he's going to sign in free agency, please.
Well the geniuses outside this board think it's either Atlanta, Dallas or Houston. The better question is how do those teams fit his style ?

Houston as currently constructed isn't a post play team, they got guys who think they're all star caliber and they're not.

Dallas.....hell quite frankly they're in a worst off situation than we are, yeah they have cap space but one fatal sign to show you that isn't always gravy is when a guy like D-Will wouldn't even go there. Hell Dirk is even starting to wonder what the hell will be his final fate there. And over half of the roster won't be back.

Atlanta is another cesspool about to blow up.

Bottom line is this if Dwight wants to cough up 30 extra mil just for whatever the hell it is that he's looking for, then F it......do what you gotta do.

The Lakers will survive and rebound back.

I kid deep but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go to Orlando again :lol: he's that nutty.

Phili could also be an option
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#56 » by AcecardZ » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:58 am

TyCobb wrote:Que?

Sorry! I had just woke up and was trying to send a text. Obviously it helps to be a little more awake.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#57 » by TyCobb » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:07 am

:lol:
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
So Gutta
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#58 » by So Gutta » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:26 am

The notion that Dwight would want the city of Los Angeles to hate him by choosing to leave, and leave money on the table doesn't make a ton of sense.

Have we forgotten who this guy really is? He wants everyone to love him! He hasn't changed that much...

I think everyone knows how hellish our season has been with the luck we've had. We do need a new coach, though, for sure.
"Put five thousand bucks on the Lakers." --Krusty The Clown
theFRANCHISE
Sixth Man
And1: 354

Post#59 » by theFRANCHISE » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:50 am

last time I saw a thread like this was during the off season, it was someones dad had dinner with mike brown and Mike Brown alluded to the Lakers signing Jodie Meeks
"You could call it with braille!" - Chick Hearn
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#60 » by GeneralNash » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:24 am

kblo247 wrote:I just want him gone because I think he never wanted to be here, and he refuses to try and make the most of it. I think he expects the others to make the most of it for him, as he plays for a contract and not the lakers. Just my opinion though

I've seen the guy put on a laker jersey and play but anyone who shops at footlocker can do that. I have yet to see Dwight come out this season and leave it all out there though and try to represent the name on the front and back ala Kobe, or even shaq

As much as I hate your sig pic I do agree. Sometimes it looks like Howard is not trying...but a torn labrum...never had that injury so I just cannot say for sure if Howard isn't trying or if it is his injury. It is just tough to say if it is the injury or Howard just not wanting to be here.

Sent via Tapatalk 2

Return to Los Angeles Lakers