ImageImageImageImageImage

Dwight alluding to staying with the Lakers?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Re: Dwight alluding to leaving the Lakers? 

Post#61 » by fdr2012 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:33 pm

So Gutta wrote:The notion that Dwight would want the city of Los Angeles to hate him by choosing to leave, and leave money on the table doesn't make a ton of sense.

Have we forgotten who this guy really is? He wants everyone to love him! He hasn't changed that much...

I think everyone knows how hellish our season has been with the luck we've had. We do need a new coach, though, for sure.

Just like he didn't want the city of Orlando hating him? Dwight will do what's best for Dwight. I think he made that very clear. He'll stick around if he feels he can contend. He won't stick around because he's loyal to the city and the fans.
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#62 » by tviper » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:06 pm

fdr2012 wrote:He'll stick around if he feels he can contend. He won't stick around because he's loyal to the city and the fans.

From what I have seen of D12 this year, contending is not a priority. He will go where he can "have fun" and "get paid." He hasn't shown even the slightest hint of being hungry to contend. If he had, LAL wouldn't be 4 games under .500 at the All-Star break, healthy or not.
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#63 » by GAME TIME » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:10 pm

Here is my theory of what would make Howard leave.

Kobe pretty much let some worms out when he stated, I don't know if Howard will come back if Dan Tony is the coach.

Howards Dad came out and blasted Dan Tony for not being a coach like SVG who would be more of an authoritive figure on the team where he wouldn't allow the players on the team to take shots at others, which was how the media perceived it of course.

Probably Howard thinks, Dan Tony is a push over, and lets Kobe walk all over him and wants more equal say in the direction of the team.

Kobe isn't the reason, if Howard leaves, but mainly Dan Tony.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#64 » by Kilroy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Stop letting Dwight off easy... If he leaves LA, it's nobody's 'fault' but Dwights. Period.

Stop looking for reasons that have nothing to do with Dwight being indecisive and avoiding personal responsibility.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
GAME TIME
Banned User

Post#65 » by GAME TIME » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:34 pm

Kilroy wrote:Stop letting Dwight off easy... If he leaves LA, it's nobody's 'fault' but Dwights. Period.

Stop looking for reasons that have nothing to do with Dwight being indecisive and avoiding personal responsibility.

drama queen if this post is directed at me.

It's just a theory of what I think Dwight might be leaving. Stop assuming that I'm making excuses for Dwight, I'm just trying to comprehend how this enigma thinks. I'm not validating his way of leaving , but trying to put the pieces if he does leave. Put me in Dwights shoes, I stay with the Lakers

hence the words This is my theory
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#66 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:00 pm

GAME TIME wrote:Here is my theory of what would make Howard leave.

Howards Dad came out and blasted Dan Tony for not being a coach like SVG who would be more of an authoritive figure on the team where he wouldn't allow the players on the team to take shots at others, which was how the media perceived it of course.

See that's the part I have a problem with. Howard's Dad comes with this "SVG wouldn't" stuff and it was his own son who threw SVG's ass out on grill to fry his ass in the media. That bull s*** is hypocritical to me. I didn't see him telling Dwight to shut up, I didn't see him trying to support SVG when his son was out'in him on a daily basis.

Like I've said, if Howard wants to walk let him go. He wonders why LA hasn't fully embraced him, well it's because we knew this drama could happen with him from the get go. I mean I understood why he didn't sign an extension when he came on, it was smart business.

But with all the false rumors, it may be a bit of truth to some of them. This isn't a good time for the franchise, with all that's going on with Dr.Buss nobody is in the right state of mind to make a sound decision. This is why no trade is even an option. We just have to deal with Howard's bull until the end of the season.

If he leaves $30 mil on the table, then that means he never wanted here in the first place.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#67 » by JohnVancouver » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Who the hell knows what's in Dwight's head? Maybe he really is just a giant high school kid - "Oh, I'll go to a new school and start over ..."

If his feelings are hurt, he might think he needs a new start and honestly, if he's that thin-skinned, LA and national media will have already got in his head. Even if he thinks he wants to be The man, maybe he just can't take the pressure.

I worry that even if he stays, who are we getting? Someone who has to be counselled and cajoled constantly. MDA isn't equipped for that. he could barely handle Marion ...

Dwight's essentially a big kid, about 13 or 14 emotionally and cognitively - can this team afford to wait and see if he grows up?
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#68 » by Kilroy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:04 pm

GAME TIME wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Stop letting Dwight off easy... If he leaves LA, it's nobody's 'fault' but Dwights. Period.

drama queen if this post is directed at me.

It was and you are.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 78

Post#69 » by JustAwesome » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:23 pm

JohnVancouver wrote:If his feelings are hurt, he might think he needs a new start and honestly, if he's that thin-skinned, LA and national media will have already got in his head. Even if he thinks he wants to be The man, maybe he just can't take the pressure.

I knew he was thin skinned since he was with Orlando. I knew that it wasn't going to change simply because of a change of environment. Los Angeles and New York are two of the worst places for a mentally fragile person like Howard. Ironically enough, those are the two markets that he craves.
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#70 » by ak7 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:35 am

I'd much rather rebuild than have to deal with this clown's shenanigan's for the next 5 years if he re-signs. He's not even that good. He hinders an offense, and defensively he's too damn lazy to get up the court half the time to even make an impact. We can't have it good every time a player like Kobe retires from our team. Eat the rebuild and let's go. Let this clown go be happy and "have fun" elsewhere, where likely he won't win a championship.
GAME TIME
Banned User

Post#71 » by GAME TIME » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:28 am

GAME TIME
Banned User

Post#72 » by GAME TIME » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:29 am

Take this with a giant grain of salt, as I just met him and do not trust people I don't know well.

I met a guy today at work that claims he is close friends with Dwight and his agent, Dan Fegan. He said that he grew up in the Atlanta area and knew Dwight growing up playing basketball. He said he still talks to Dwight occassionally and Dan every once in a while. He said that he spoke with Dwight about 2 weeks ago and Dwight told him that he is not going to use this team's poor record as a deciding factor this offseason. He also said that Dwight loves Los Angeles, the fans, and the franchise history. He understands that he has been unable to give this team all he is capable of due to his injuries, so he knows that the record would be better if he were 100% healthy. Dwight also told him that him and Kobe haven't yet seen eye to eye because of their different attitudes, but said that it is not threatening to the team. He said that he gets along well for the most part with the rest of the team. Also, this guy told me that Dwight and Deron Williams are on a limited talking basis because of what went down over the offseason, so Dwight may not want to go to Brooklyn anymore. He ultimately thinks that Dwight will re-sign with the Lakers, regardless of record or his relationship with Kobe. He said that Mitch and Jim have told him continuously that they will not trade him and that they will involve him in any free agent signing/trades/coaching decisions/etc., which is something that Dwight was very pleased with.

Again, take this with a grain of salt. This is what he told me today and I am just passing this on. I believe this as much as you do. Unless it comes from Dwight's mouth, everything else is just "sources".

Posted by someone @ LN forum
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#73 » by TyCobb » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:32 am

Crap.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
GAME TIME
Banned User

Post#74 » by GAME TIME » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:38 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
GAME TIME wrote:Here is my theory of what would make Howard leave.

See that's the part I have a problem with. Howard's Dad comes with this "SVG wouldn't" stuff and it was his own son who threw SVG's ass out on grill to fry his ass in the media. That bull s*** is hypocritical to me. I didn't see him telling Dwight to shut up, I didn't see him trying to support SVG when his son was out'in him on a daily basis.

Like I've said, if Howard wants to walk let him go. He wonders why LA hasn't fully embraced him, well it's because we knew this drama could happen with him from the get go. I mean I understood why he didn't sign an extension when he came on, it was smart business.

But with all the false rumors, it may be a bit of truth to some of them. This isn't a good time for the franchise, with all that's going on with Dr.Buss nobody is in the right state of mind to make a sound decision. This is why no trade is even an option. We just have to deal with Howard's bull until the end of the season.

If he leaves $30 mil on the table, then that means he never wanted here in the first place.

Good post deep
GAME TIME
Banned User

Post#75 » by GAME TIME » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:00 am

Harden and Dwight were sitting next to each other, look like Dwade and Lebron holding hands :lol:
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#76 » by leeprettyp » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:12 pm

GAME TIME wrote:
Take this with a giant grain of salt, as I just met him and do not trust people I don't know well.

I met a guy today at work that claims he is close friends with Dwight and his agent, Dan Fegan. He said that he grew up in the Atlanta area and knew Dwight growing up playing basketball. He said he still talks to Dwight occassionally and Dan every once in a while. He said that he spoke with Dwight about 2 weeks ago and Dwight told him that he is not going to use this team's poor record as a deciding factor this offseason. He also said that Dwight loves Los Angeles, the fans, and the franchise history. He understands that he has been unable to give this team all he is capable of due to his injuries, so he knows that the record would be better if he were 100% healthy. Dwight also told him that him and Kobe haven't yet seen eye to eye because of their different attitudes, but said that it is not threatening to the team. He said that he gets along well for the most part with the rest of the team. Also, this guy told me that Dwight and Deron Williams are on a limited talking basis because of what went down over the offseason, so Dwight may not want to go to Brooklyn anymore. He ultimately thinks that Dwight will re-sign with the Lakers, regardless of record or his relationship with Kobe. He said that Mitch and Jim have told him continuously that they will not trade him and that they will involve him in any free agent signing/trades/coaching decisions/etc., which is something that Dwight was very pleased with.

Again, take this with a grain of salt. This is what he told me today and I am just passing this on. I believe this as much as you do. Unless it comes from Dwight's mouth, everything else is just "sources".

Posted by someone @ LN forum

Dwight has a bunch of family members and friends in little inner circle speaking out for him. To many "Yes men" and I'm over the selfish guy if he going to be a team cancer because the offense doesnt run through him. Regardless if it totally isnt true these rumors and lies that are leaking cant be totally dismiss. The dad coming out and blasting Mike D and Kobe was really childish. It's gotten really old ALLLLLL Laker fans know the Mike Dantoni hire was HORRIBLE from the start but that doesnt mean you quit on your teammates, fans and dont COMPETE. This isnt what the name on the front of the jersey REPRESENTS HERE IN LA...... Ask Nick Van Exel, Cedric Ceballos, and Doug Christie what we do with team cancers that arent about giving a 110% on the court at all times.... In Van Exel Case i'll go ahead and end it like this...... " 1..2....3 CANCUN"
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#77 » by laduane1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Only trade that would makes sense is D12 for Josh Smith.
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#78 » by laduane1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Only trade that would makes sense is D12 for Josh Smith.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#79 » by iamworthy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:17 pm

Speculation by me: Pau Gasol will be traded by the end of the day.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,465

Post#80 » by dockingsched » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:28 pm

laduane1 wrote:Only trade that would makes sense is D12 for Josh Smith.

that would be the moment i stop being a lakers fan
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore

Return to Los Angeles Lakers