ImageImageImageImageImage

top seeded teams may throw games to sabotage lakers

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

So Gutta
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Re: top seeded teams may throw games to sabotage lakers 

Post#21 » by So Gutta » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:32 pm

The top teams will NOT do this -- they''re still fighting for HOME COURT ADVANTAGE, be it in the Western Conference, or the Finals.
"Put five thousand bucks on the Lakers." --Krusty The Clown
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#22 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:01 pm

The Prodigy and So Gutta reiterated my exact stance on this subject, those teams have no damn reason to throw games. It's such cowardly act. Like I said if we're the garbage they perceive us to be, then why tank ? It's not like we have a strong resume of well played games. But at the same time the Lakers may not have been intimidating as Prodigy said, but this much I do know....if we luck up and make the post season the Lakers aren't a team you can exactly say you're comfortable facing.

That a fact.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
BlackBerry
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#23 » by BlackBerry » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Yeah I doubt teams will intentionally do this. I would like to see Spurs vs Lakers as that's our best shot @ making the finals.
anarchy24
Pro Prospect
And1: 230

Post#24 » by anarchy24 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:26 am

Just got win games they should win at this point. I don't believe they are tanking either. If the Lakers still don't make the playoffs with a much better play at the end. They only have themselves to blame obviously.
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#25 » by rand0m » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:42 am

I didn't watch the GSW game but OKC definitely DID NOT throw that game against the rockets. Besides, throwing games at this point would be ridiculous with the records of Spurs/OKC/Miami so close. If you were a legit contender, would you throw away homecourt just to avoid the Lakers? No freaking way. Besides, there is no guarantee we are even making the playoffs. I'm with Father Time, I don't think anybody at the top fears us. Maybe in April if March goes well, but not at this point. We have been playing better the last dozen games or so but we need to even play better combined with a little luck to get that playoff spot.
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#26 » by AdonisDeMarion » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:34 am

The one game Pop will rest his best players for is his last game vs the Lakers....lol
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,298

Post#27 » by Dr Aki » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:44 pm

they havent blatantly started losing yet

at the moment, OKC and SAS losing games are just kinda annoying
GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#28 » by GeneralNash » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:54 pm

oh so just coincidence that the rockets lose to okc and then turn around and get beat by the wizards? Look, lets just keep an eye on gsw, utah, and houston and see if they keep people beating san antonio, okc, etc. from here on oute
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#29 » by andyhop » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:30 am

GeneralNash wrote:oh so just coincidence that the rockets lose to okc and then turn around and get beat by the wizards?

Did you believe that the Lakers were throwing a game when 3 days after beating OKC they lost to the Suns?
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley

Return to Los Angeles Lakers