ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2014 Free Agency discussion

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Re: Official 2014 Free Agency discussion 

Post#581 » by Doormatt » Sat Mar 8, 2014 4:34 pm

Nick young is **** garbage why do people want to resign him? Yeah he's fun to watch on this team cuz were tanking and he's the hometown kid but no team with any interest in winning should want him. He's only good at one thing and that's volume scoring on low efficiency. Good teams don't give meaningful minutes to players like that
#doorgek
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#582 » by Wavy Q » Sat Mar 8, 2014 4:52 pm

Doormatt wrote:Nick young is **** garbage why do people want to resign him? Yeah he's fun to watch on this team cuz were tanking and he's the hometown kid but no team with any interest in winning should want him. He's only good at one thing and that's volume scoring on low efficiency. Good teams don't give meaningful minutes to players like that

Jamal Crawford
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#583 » by Doormatt » Sat Mar 8, 2014 5:22 pm

Stephano wrote:
Doormatt wrote:Nick young is **** garbage why do people want to resign him? Yeah he's fun to watch on this team cuz were tanking and he's the hometown kid but no team with any interest in winning should want him. He's only good at one thing and that's volume scoring on low efficiency. Good teams don't give meaningful minutes to players like that

Jamal Crawford

Crawfords on/off this year -1.2

Clippers only do it because they have literally no other choice.

**** example/10
#doorgek
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#584 » by Wavy Q » Sat Mar 8, 2014 5:59 pm

what does that have to do with ****, all you said was good teams dont give meaningful minutes to players like that, i gave you an example that does, then you bring stats that i dont give a **** about.

anyway mad cuz #rekt2014
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#585 » by ardee » Sat Mar 8, 2014 8:10 pm

Slava wrote:If we want to make the playoffs next season I'd like to see us giving consideration to the following players:

Marcin Gortat
Kyle Lowry
Thad Young
Thabo Sefolosha
Trevor Ariza

My priorities would be the first 3 guys along with bringing back Pau, X, Wes, Farmar and Hill. Gortat and Lowry will be looking top get paid and Gortat will get paid by Wizards, I'm unsure of Lowry's market and Thad Young might have a lot of suitors in free agency.

Lowry-Kobe-Ariza-Thad-Embiid with our bench mob would be something cool.... but what does this do to our Kevin Love plans for 2015?
aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Post#586 » by aaron_gray » Sun Mar 9, 2014 1:56 am

Doormatt wrote:
Stephano wrote:

Jamal Crawford

Crawfords on/off this year -1.2

Clippers only do it because they have literally no other choice.

**** example/10

Yeah I'd actually rather Nick Young not take any shots at all when he's on the court if possible, but it's his presence that really counts. Jamal Crawford serves as a second focal point on offense, especially when the 6'0 fatass needs to take a break every few possessions. Nick Young, like Jamal, can technically attack from anywhere, AND off the dribble. Even when he misses, this is what creates offensive rebounding angles, because of the defensive rotations he forced when he took the shot. Jamal is also a surprisingly adept passer, and if Nick Young could read the defense as well as he does, it'll take a lot of pressure of Embiid/Wiggins/Jabari next year.
TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
lakersin4
Starter
And1: 788

Post#587 » by lakersin4 » Sun Mar 9, 2014 2:51 am

Slava wrote:If we want to make the playoffs next season I'd like to see us giving consideration to the following players:

Marcin Gortat
Kyle Lowry
Thad Young
Thabo Sefolosha
Trevor Ariza

My priorities would be the first 3 guys along with bringing back Pau, X, Wes, Farmar and Hill. Gortat and Lowry will be looking top get paid and Gortat will get paid by Wizards, I'm unsure of Lowry's market and Thad Young might have a lot of suitors in free agency.

Thad Young is under contract until 15/16. I would like to see us get Melo & Lowry. If we somehow got those 2 & drafted Embiid I think we could make a serious run, even with D'antoni as coach. He'd have the star PG, undersized PF who can rebound, & pogo stick C that he needs.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#588 » by Fresh360Waves » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:55 pm

Marcin Gortat
Kyle Lowry
Thad Young
Thabo Sefolosha
Trevor Ariza

Gortat would probably be the only likely option for the Lakers if they don't draft Embiid (if he declares) or if Pau leaves via FA. Ariza will get paid big time by a contending team, Sefolosha most likely will stay in OKC, Kyle Lowry will be getting paid plus the Lakers may draft Exum anyways, and Thad Young will be pretty expensive too.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#589 » by Slava » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:59 pm

Fresh360Waves wrote:

Marcin Gortat
Kyle Lowry
Thad Young
Thabo Sefolosha
Trevor Ariza

Gortat would probably be the only likely option for the Lakers if they don't draft Embiid (if he declares) or if Pau leaves via FA. Ariza will get paid big time by a contending team, Sefolosha most likely will stay in OKC, Kyle Lowry will be getting paid plus the Lakers may draft Exum anyways, and Thad Young will be pretty expensive too.

We can actually pay for 3/5 players from that list and depending on who we draft and how confident we are in Kobe's health, it might be do-able if we are dead set on making the playoffs next season, which could be the plan with us owing a pick to Phoenix.

Then again the FO might not want to pay mid-level players high money if they are interested in Kevin Love for 2015.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#590 » by Fresh360Waves » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Slava wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:

Marcin Gortat
Kyle Lowry
Thad Young
Thabo Sefolosha
Trevor Ariza

We can actually pay for 3/5 players from that list and depending on who we draft and how confident we are in Kobe's health, it might be do-able if we are dead set on making the playoffs next season, which could be the plan with us owing a pick to Phoenix.

Then again the FO might not want to pay mid-level players high money if they are interested in Kevin Love for 2015.

I think the Lakers just need to take their time and not get desperate like they did by signing Nash.
lakersin4
Starter
And1: 788

Post#591 » by lakersin4 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:06 pm

ardee wrote:

Marcin Gortat
Kyle Lowry
Thad Young
Thabo Sefolosha
Trevor Ariza

Lowry-Kobe-Ariza-Thad-Embiid with our bench mob would be something cool.... but what does this do to our Kevin Love plans for 2015?

Well.. Thad currently has 2 years/19M remaining.. If he exercised his ETO he would want something very close to or above that.. Assuming we also spend 7-8M on Lowry, those 2 alone would put us out of running for Love. Not sure what the market for Ariza will look like.. Probably near the MLE.
aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Post#592 » by aaron_gray » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:36 pm

I never understood why they call him an empty stat guy. I get it, he doesn't play a lick of defense, but seriously? 38 points is mfing 38 man, how the f is that an empty stat.
TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#593 » by EArl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:43 pm

I would love to sign lowry. Thats the guy I hope the lakers go after ad hopefully he takes a deal. i doubt it, but i can dream.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
kobeaki
Veteran
And1: 6

Post#594 » by kobeaki » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:43 pm

Everything I predicted would happen during the Jim shortbuss era , has happened... Only faster and worse than I thought.

That is all.
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

XuDa wrote:Magic, Bird and the other 80#s HOF'ers were holding the league back and stunting it's development big time.

:lol:
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#595 » by No-Man » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:27 am

Offseason plan for LA, my view
Fire D'Antoni, sign Byron Scott, ties with the franchise, solid coach, defensive minded.
Draft best player available, lest say you get a 5-6 pick, that will be Randle for me, I don't dislike Smart, but there are more options at PG.
Stretch Nash.
Re-sign, Farmar, Meeks, Young, Johnson, Kelly, Bazemore.
Sign, Shelvin Mack (2m$/y), Luol Deng (10m$/y), Ekpe Udoh (3m$/y), Emeka Okafor (3m$/y), Jason Smith (3m$/y).

Farmar-Marshall-Mack
Bryant-Meeks-Bazemore
Deng-Young-Johnson
Randle-Udoh-Kelly
Okafor-Smith-Sacre

You will be just at the cap, 62m$, with some exceptions available just in case some big name gets buyout during the season, and you have a team with highly improved defense, young legs, and hungry players, plus flexibility to make deals and to keep having options in the next offseasons.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#596 » by leeprettyp » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:28 pm

EArl wrote:I would love to sign lowry. Thats the guy I hope the lakers go after ad hopefully he takes a deal. i doubt it, but i can dream.

What is the ideal price range for Lowry? Honestly I like the cheaper option in just moving Farmar to the starting PG position. He's ready to handle that responsibility now. Also dont forget Exum will be there in our draft range. Personally I want Wiggins but I wouldn't be to upset about nabbing Exum
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#597 » by ArC_man » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:46 pm

leeprettyp wrote:
EArl wrote:I would love to sign lowry. Thats the guy I hope the lakers go after ad hopefully he takes a deal. i doubt it, but i can dream.

What is the ideal price range for Lowry? Honestly I like the cheaper option in just moving Farmar to the starting PG position. He's ready to handle that responsibility now. Also dont forget Exum will be there in our draft range. Personally I want Wiggins but I wouldn't be to upset about nabbing Exum

Lowry is probably getting 7-8m. I agree, I prefer signing Farmar to a 2-3m/year deal for 2-3 years. I think he's good enough to be a starting pg. The only question will be his durability if he plays for 30 minutes a game. Exum can play the 1 and the 2 (probably has the size to even defend the 3 if he can get stronger) so we will have a lot of flexibility if we draft him.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#598 » by LApwnd » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:22 pm

ArC_man wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:

Lowry is probably getting 7-8m. I agree, I prefer signing Farmar to a 2-3m/year deal for 2-3 years. I think he's good enough to be a starting pg. The only question will be his durability if he plays for 30 minutes a game. Exum can play the 1 and the 2 (probably has the size to even defend the 3 if he can get stronger) so we will have a lot of flexibility if we draft him.

Whats wrong with giving Lowry money? He starts Farmar is the backup and they are pretty good duo on the court too if facing opposing teams backups. Marshall is an empty stat guy to me, his asst #'s a bit inflated due to system, out of say 10, 2-3 of those are him truly creating the rest are from our players cutting and getting opened from screens. He's also a TERRIBLE defender, I finally got to see a full game of his last week, wow I thougth Fish was bad this guy is a true matador and is slow as molases.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#599 » by Fresh360Waves » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:43 am

LApwnd wrote:
ArC_man wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:

Whats wrong with giving Lowry money? He starts Farmar is the backup and they are pretty good duo on the court too if facing opposing teams backups. Marshall is an empty stat guy to me, his asst #'s a bit inflated due to system, out of say 10, 2-3 of those are him truly creating the rest are from our players cutting and getting opened from screens. He's also a TERRIBLE defender, I finally got to see a full game of his last week, wow I thougth Fish was bad this guy is a true matador and is slow as molases.

Marshall has a lot of potential tho. Sure he is not the most athletic and the best defender, but the defense could probably improve under a better coach such as Nate McMillan or Lionel Hollins. If the Lakers don't draft a PG, I'd just have Farmar start and Marshall as the backup. Don't know if I'd give Lowry 7-8 M per year.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#600 » by LApwnd » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Fresh360Waves wrote:Marshall has a lot of potential tho. Sure he is not the most athletic and the best defender, but the defense could probably improve under a better coach such as Nate McMillan or Lionel Hollins. If the Lakers don't draft a PG, I'd just have Farmar start and Marshall as the backup. Don't know if I'd give Lowry 7-8 M per year.

there's no system thats gona improve Marshall slow footedness or defensive awareness, guy is just pathetic in that department.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers