ImageImageImageImageImage

Which players do you want back next year (from this roster)?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

ratra_1211
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Re: Which players do you want back next year (from this rost 

Post#61 » by ratra_1211 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:49 am

Kobe, Xavier, Farmar, WesJohnson, Bazemore, Meeks, Jchill, Young, and Kaman if possible

dont think i like marshall and kelly (marshall in perticular) for their slow foot/ass. though i havent see any laker game for a while, but i guess having kelly as you benchwarmer wouldn't hurt

but FFS all this team need is get rid of DANTONI and install a new system where defense and rebounding is the main focus.. i dont care who the coach is as long as he preach DEFENSE.. dont care if the offense is another run and gun or post up milking the clock or even jacking up 3s, as long as the team and the coach preach DEFENSE this team would be great
fatherpanic
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#62 » by fatherpanic » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Seems like trading 1st round picks for years on end with replacing aging players leads to getting free agents who have never won or never helped a team win. The Lakers have issues that can't be fixed by assuming next year things will change.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#63 » by LApwnd » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Farmar, Bazemore, X, Young, Hill, Kaman. Wes, I'm on the fence about, he should only be brought back for the vet min and on a 1 or 2yr deal with team option, he is a solid energy guy but still not very good player overall. He plays in a system that suppose to inflate your #'s and he hasn't really inflated much of anything, all his improvements in box score are marginal at best.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#64 » by crazyeights » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:45 pm

I get that.

But, I'd say any guy that averages a steal, a block, and a 3 (at 36.6%) while guarding a team's best wing is solid enough to keep.

To me Wes's dividends won't pay off until he's playing with Kobe/whoever our next core will be.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers