Pau takes shots at teammates and Mike Dantoni

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

So Gutta
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Re: Pau takes shots at teammates and Mike Dantoni 

Post#41 » by So Gutta » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:08 am

ALL HAIL wrote:
tviper wrote:For all those that are hoping for MDA to get fired, you are probably going to be disappointed. Next year is likely to be another development year with guys on one year salaries. No reason to fire MDA and eat his contract. There is a team option in year 4, so that is the year he may not be back depending on what happens.

I see a reason.

They MUST be good next year.

Lakers have no 1st round pick next year ... there is no room for "playing around" after this season ends.

I do not understand people who gloss over the fact that the Lakers MUST be good next year so they don't give Phoenix a "great" pick.

The bullsh*t needs to end after the last game of this season.

Next year it gets truly real for the organization.

Next year, the Lakers will lose sleep if they are bad ... there will be punitive consequences if they are.

Our pick is top-5 protected, FWIW
"Put five thousand bucks on the Lakers." --Krusty The Clown
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#42 » by TonyMontana » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:22 pm

I hate MDA, but seriously people lets move the @#$% on with Phil Jackson. He isn't coaching anymore and even if he decides to coach again it wont be with the Lakers.

These bring Phil J back reminds me of the who whos on facebook on every Laker page, bring Phil back bring Phil back.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#43 » by leeprettyp » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:54 pm

Nobody is saying bring Phil back in a coaching role (if he's truly done so be it). I'm saying BRING PHIL BACK in some type of Front office position. What most of you seem to be missing the BIGGEST ISSUE with this franchise is we LACK LEADERSHIP in the Front office and coaching positions. IF we fix the Front office issue the rest of this will work itself out. WE literately have Jim Buss and Mike Dantoni's names over this franchise right now and that scares potential top tier free agents more than anything
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#44 » by ArC_man » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:03 pm

How do you define leadership? You want D'Antoni to get fired right now so we can get a new coach and win more games to make our draft pick worse?

Right now there's no reason at all to complain about D'Antoni, he's doing what most of us want: lose games. If he's still here next year then there's a reason to complain. Right now I'm just sitting back waiting for Mitch to work his magic in the offseason.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#45 » by TonyMontana » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:48 pm

leeprettyp wrote:Nobody is saying bring Phil back in a coaching role (if he's truly done so be it). I'm saying BRING PHIL BACK in some type of Front office position. What most of you seem to be missing the BIGGEST ISSUE with this franchise is we LACK LEADERSHIP in the Front office and coaching positions. IF we fix the Front office issue the rest of this will work itself out. WE literately have Jim Buss and Mike Dantoni's names over this franchise right now and that scares potential top tier free agents more than anything

My post was directed at coaching and peps comments about P.J coaching. You must have not read some of my posts specially the ones on Magic willing to help the Lakers F.O thread and other threads. I agree and some of the older posters hate me for saying what I did (Im sure) :wink:

Im all for Magic and Phils contributions to help in what ever area they can to get us back to contention. Again, I did say coaching mang!!
SDC
Senior
And1: 106

Post#46 » by SDC » Wed Mar 5, 2014 2:14 am

if i were pau, i'd release my frustration against the lakers (for not trading or releasing me) by trying to win all the remaining games. only way to stop pau is if the lakers shut him down for the remainder of the season.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#47 » by Slava » Wed Mar 5, 2014 2:47 am

SDC wrote:if i were pau, i'd release my frustration against the lakers (for not trading or releasing me) by trying to win all the remaining games. only way to stop pau is if the lakers shut him down for the remainder of the season.

lol wut? Pau never wanted to be traded in the first place.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
SDC
Senior
And1: 106

Post#48 » by SDC » Wed Mar 5, 2014 3:16 am

Slava wrote:
SDC wrote:if i were pau, i'd release my frustration against the lakers (for not trading or releasing me) by trying to win all the remaining games. only way to stop pau is if the lakers shut him down for the remainder of the season.

of course he wanted to be traded. a) he doesnt want to be in a rebuilding project for the next 2 years. 2) he doesnt want a lowball offer after kobe accepted a 50 mil 2 yr offer. 3) Mike Dantoni
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#49 » by Slava » Wed Mar 5, 2014 4:00 am

SDC wrote:
Slava wrote:

of course he wanted to be traded. a) he doesnt want to be in a rebuilding project for the next 2 years. 2) he doesnt want a lowball offer after kobe accepted a 50 mil 2 yr offer. 3) Mike Dantoni

If you are gonna troll at least try harder.

"I hope not," said Gasol, who was acquired by the Lakers near the trade deadline in 2008 and helped lead the team to three straight Finals appearances and two championships. "It's possible. Again, hopefully it won't happen. But it's a possibility and it's something that I always thought about, that this could be my last game here. It's been like that for a while, but as we get close to the deadline, I guess it's a little more intense."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... les-lakers
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#50 » by Kilroy » Wed Mar 5, 2014 4:27 am

He posted essentially the same thing on his native Phoenix Suns forum...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers