ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Lakers vs. Clippers 3-6-14 7:30 PM

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

azncorruptedo17
Starter
And1: 222

Re: GT: Lakers vs. Clippers 3-6-14 7:30 PM 

Post#121 » by azncorruptedo17 » Fri Mar 7, 2014 11:45 pm

gg guys. hopefully you guys cut ties with d'antoni or at least move him over to an offensive assistant coach.

would be nice to have 2 great teams in at the same time. 'til next time. #stayclassy.
Clipper fan since '95!!
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#122 » by Mamba Mentality » Sat Mar 8, 2014 12:29 am

AcecardZ wrote:
The Regime wrote:Lakers need to cut their losses and just get rid of D'Antoni. Even with a healthy Kobe and a revamped roster we would hardly be a playoff team next year. I don't know if I can take another two years of this ****.

I agree with your post but if I can play devil's advocate for a second here. Do you think we should dump D'Antoni and commit to a full 3-5 year rebuild or...

Stick with D'Antoni in the hopes that his gimmick system will magically provide a 6-8 seed playoff team when Kobe returns next year?

Getting rid of D'Antoni should be the the Lakers number one priority, now if that means that we have to rebuild for the next 3-5 years then so be it. I highly doubt the transition period would be that long though.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#123 » by EArl » Sat Mar 8, 2014 1:03 am

The Regime wrote:
AcecardZ wrote:
The Regime wrote:Lakers need to cut their losses and just get rid of D'Antoni. Even with a healthy Kobe and a revamped roster we would hardly be a playoff team next year. I don't know if I can take another two years of this ****.

I agree with your post but if I can play devil's advocate for a second here. Do you think we should dump D'Antoni and commit to a full 3-5 year rebuild or...

Stick with D'Antoni in the hopes that his gimmick system will magically provide a 6-8 seed playoff team when Kobe returns next year?

Getting rid of D'Antoni should be the the Lakers number one priority, now if that means that we have to rebuild for the next 3-5 years then so be it. I highly doubt the transition period would be that long though.

At this point might as well keep him until the end of the season.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,674

Post#124 » by dockingsched » Sat Mar 8, 2014 1:46 am

The Regime wrote:
AcecardZ wrote:

who cares about d'antoni right now, i really have no idea why people constantly focus on who's coaching this team right now. it doesn't matter.

#1 priority right now should be and appears to be what they're going to do with their draft pick.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/442077715488059392[/tweet]
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#125 » by Mamba Mentality » Sat Mar 8, 2014 1:57 am

What do you mean it doesn't matter? This franchise and their fanbase are expecting a quick turnaround, and that isn't going to happen with D'Antoni.

I'm fine with keeping him around until the end of this season, but beyond that would just mean that we're fine with mediocrity.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,674

Post#126 » by dockingsched » Sat Mar 8, 2014 2:01 am

seems like you're agreeing with me. the coach of this team right now doesn't matter for the rest of the yr, they're not playing for anything. they need to worry about what they're going to do with the pick, its a franchise changing decisions.

coaches can be disposed of and picked up at a moment's notice, but there's no reset button on whatever they do with the pick.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#127 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Mar 8, 2014 2:02 am

dockingsched wrote:
who cares about d'antoni right now, i really have no idea why people constantly focus on who's coaching this team right now. it doesn't matter.

#1 priority right now should be and appears to be what they're going to do with their draft pick.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/442077715488059392[/tweet]
This 1000 times over....

Guys really don't realize the Lakers have just one chance to get that thing right. Because I've been watching college ball every week and watching the so called top 5, and every week I pick up another weakness of theirs.

The more and more I think about it the Lakers will have to get a guy who can eventually be a high 20's scorer.

I like the top 5 guys but it's also things I don't like about them also.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#128 » by ALL HAIL » Sat Mar 8, 2014 10:27 pm

dockingsched wrote:
ALL HAIL wrote:PG - Farmar - Marshall
SG - Henry - (Bazemore)
C - Gasol - Kaman
PF - Hill -
SF - Bazemore - Johnson

A lack of PF depth not withstanding, the above team is talented enough to win way more games than the current record indicates.

Other than having an obvious chasm at PF, this team has enough talent to perform much better than they're showing.

The idea that this roster's talent is indicative of the worst record in the West is bull.

This team is clearly not being used in a manner where rebounding is honored.

This team is clearly not being used in a manner where defense is honored.

This team is clearly not being used in a manner where actual winning principles are being honored.

you gotta put things in perspective.

the starting pg you listed has missed half the season, and backup pg was out of the nba if it wasn't for a spot on the lakers

starting sg was out of the nba if it wasn't for a spot on the lakers as well and the backup sg rode the bench for two yrs never playing more than 6 mpg.

the backup sf you listed, johnson, had been given up on by two teams already and is having the best statistical yr of his career so can't expect much more.

starting center has been going through nagging injuries all year. the backup center you listed, kaman, may be your best example of a guy that should be used better but even he has had small nagging injuries all year and can't forget that the mavs basically didn't want him back because he repeatedly tried to play to his weaknesses and not his strengths.

jordan hill is playing a career high in mpg this season, not sure what to say about him, he's providing about what you'd expect.

the talent the lakers have had on the court is truly terrible. compare it to anyone else in the west, it doesn't match up. which team in the west has worse talent?

You can talk about injuries all you want, but all the players I mentioned except for Kaman and Hill played in this game ... a game where the Lakers lost by effin' 50.

I don't care where the Lakers got these players, there is talent on this team, minus an obvious PF/rebounding void.

I don't care that Marshall was picked up on the scrap heap, so was PJ Brown and Gerald Green.

I don't care about Jordan Hill never playing this well his entire career, neither has Miles Plumlee.

As far as Xavier Henry and Wesley Johnson go , you have to understand that opportunity usurps talent everyday of the week.

Wesley Johnson came into the league thrusts into a starting SG spot ... so do I have to say more about how he was misused? Xavier Henry never really got a real opportunity to play everyday either.

Matter of fact this team is almost as talented as PHX:

Dragic - Gasol
(advantage Dragic, but not by as huge a margin as one might think)

Bledsoe - Farmar
(advantage Bledsoe by a large margin, but if Farmar were given the green light he'd give you 16 pts)

Green - Young
(advantage Green, but not by much at all)

Mf Morris - ???
(no PF--which has always been biggest problem w/this roster)

Frye - Kaman
(advantage Kaman, but again not by much when utilized)

Plumlee - Hill
(advantage Plumlee, but only because he gets consistent minutes)

Tucker - Johnson
(wash)

Ms Morris - Bazemore
(advantage Morris by a significant margin)

Barbosa - Marshall
(advantage Barbosa by a very small margin)

Phoenix's talent is a "little" better, but is there talent 18 games better?

I say a resounding NO.

Other than a PF, the only thing they have that the Lakers don't is a coach who has made it all fit.

Yes, we've had more injuries, and yes, injuries have an effect on your record, but if you isolate this one game, how can you say "we just don't have the talent".

For this game, I saw plenty of NBA level talent, what was missing was NBA level coaching.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers