ImageImageImageImageImage

2015 Lakers Trade Deadline thread

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Re: 2014 Lakers Trade Ideas thread | The Resurrection! 

Post#681 » by LApwnd » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:58 pm

Pointgod wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Uh please no more trading picks for uncertainty. I'd rather just make an offer for Monroe next off season. Awesome idea signing Nick Young when we could have used the space to offer a contract to both Monroe and Rondo. We might still be able to squeeze them both under the cap. then we'd finally have a team that a superstar would want to play with.

and what certainty do you have the pick will be used to make a pick and that said pick will be better than Monroe?

Absolutely none. But we should have learned from the Steve Nash deal that you just don't trade picks recklessly. Especially when we don't have a lot to begin with. Monroe is an unrestricted free agent which gives us a lot of bargaining power. He's gone from the Pistons for sure. The point is that he should compliment what we are building not take away from it. If we focus on Monroe next offseason he's ours. Him and Rondo would be a perfect offseason but I think Rondo gets traded before the deadline.

fair point but if we can secure him now we do it if the possibility is there. Look at what happened with Love...we all thought we might have a chance come 2015 but now he's gona be with Clev for the next 3-5 yrs. I get your point though but for me I rather secure a player if we can.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,629

Post#682 » by Pointgod » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:07 pm

LApwnd wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
and what certainty do you have the pick will be used to make a pick and that said pick will be better than Monroe?

Absolutely none. But we should have learned from the Steve Nash deal that you just don't trade picks recklessly. Especially when we don't have a lot to begin with. Monroe is an unrestricted free agent which gives us a lot of bargaining power. He's gone from the Pistons for sure. The point is that he should compliment what we are building not take away from it. If we focus on Monroe next offseason he's ours. Him and Rondo would be a perfect offseason but I think Rondo gets traded before the deadline.

fair point but if we can secure him now we do it if the possibility is there. Look at what happened with Love...we all thought we might have a chance come 2015 but now he's gona be with Clev for the next 3-5 yrs. I get your point though but for me I rather secure a player if we can.

Very true but Love is a bonafide superstar. I was willing to trade a lottery pick for him. Monroe is the under the radar signing that makes other gm's look foolish. He has control of where he lands and based on this offseason there's not a lot of competition for his services. I'd gamble on keeping the pick and signing Monroe.
lakersin4
Starter
And1: 788

Post#683 » by lakersin4 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:39 am

If the Knicks go all out dumping salary to make a couple big splashes in FA, how much would we have to sweeten a Nash for Calderon swap? He still has 3/22 remaining on his deal that we're eating, if we could just throw in the Clips 2nd rounder I'd definitely do it.. He can be that elite 3 point shooter that makes no mistakes backing up Lin that we all wish Nash could be.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#684 » by LApwnd » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:17 pm

lakersin4 wrote:If the Knicks go all out dumping salary to make a couple big splashes in FA, how much would we have to sweeten a Nash for Calderon swap? He still has 3/22 remaining on his deal that we're eating, if we could just throw in the Clips 2nd rounder I'd definitely do it.. He can be that elite 3 point shooter that makes no mistakes backing up Lin that we all wish Nash could be.

they should pay us for taking on Jose and clearing his salary.
lakersin4
Starter

Post#685 » by lakersin4 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:53 pm

LApwnd wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:If the Knicks go all out dumping salary to make a couple big splashes in FA, how much would we have to sweeten a Nash for Calderon swap? He still has 3/22 remaining on his deal that we're eating, if we could just throw in the Clips 2nd rounder I'd definitely do it.. He can be that elite 3 point shooter that makes no mistakes backing up Lin that we all wish Nash could be.

they should pay us for taking on Jose and clearing his salary.

Fine.. They can give us Tim Hardaway Jr. for taking on Calderon.

Also does anyone think we were 1 of the teams trying to sign & trade for Monroe? If he ends up playing for the QO he'll have a no trade clause.. Would love to swap Hill for Monroe in December when Hill can be traded.

Lin/Calderon/Clarkson
Kobe/TH Jr./Henry
Wes/Young
Boozer/Randle/Kelly
Monroe/Davis/Sacre

I think we definitely make the playoffs with those moves. I think we already could but that would guarantee it.
RollingWave
Sixth Man
And1: 699

Post#686 » by RollingWave » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:36 am

The value of expirings have gone down quite a bit in the last few years, especially since contract size is growing larger (and continue to grow larger), the eagerness of getting out of older deal is becoming a lot less obvious. As the Lakers seen first hand this year, having space doesn't mean jack when you don't have an attractive team, so imagine trading EXTRA stuff to get that space to end up not being able to sign anyone.

Unless Calderon plays horribly (which is very unlikely given the nature of his game. granted, his defense is truly awful.) don't see why the Knicks want to move him, and actually give you a guy that can play on top of it for him. the Knick will have at least 20 m of cap space next year anyway thx to Amare and Bargs mercifully expiring.

At this point, it seems to be much more practical to just build up a team of good supporting cast guys before really considering serious trades, it seems more prudent to say.. trade some of the vets for picks if some of them plays well enough (and even then we're really looking at 2nd rounders .) The process to rebuild value can be quite difficult, they need to secure the service of solid players on reasonable deals for 2-3 year duration to really have the chips to make a play.
The river of time wash away all heroes
NBA Fiend
Senior
And1: 212

Post#687 » by NBA Fiend » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:27 am

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#688 » by Dr Aki » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:18 am

i dont think anyone wants bledsoe at the max

hence why noone has offered him the max, let alone offer assets for him, only to offer him the max
lakersin4
Starter

Post#689 » by lakersin4 » Fri Sep 5, 2014 2:10 pm

Lin, Nash, Randle for Sanders, Ilyasova, Wolters, Sessions S&T

Bucks fans have all said they'd do it.. I think we'd be better off. Great rim protector & very good stretch 4 locked in for a combined 18M a season beats throwing the max at a guy like Marc & depending on Randle's potential to go anywhere imo.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#690 » by LApwnd » Fri Sep 5, 2014 2:39 pm

lakersin4 wrote:Lin, Nash, Randle for Sanders, Ilyasova, Wolters, Sessions S&T

Bucks fans have all said they'd do it.. I think we'd be better off. Great rim protector & very good stretch 4 locked in for a combined 18M a season beats throwing the max at a guy like Marc & depending on Randle's potential to go anywhere imo.

not to me it doesn't....Marc @ 30 will still be heads over heal better than Sanders who's only claim to still being a basketball player is blocking shots. Anytime a player has a season like Sanders after signing a big contract is a big time red flag and it wasn't just declining in production he's also brining bad attitude into the locker room as well. Ilyasova is another player who unsurprisingly went back to his norm and even regressed after signing a big contract. Bucks fans blame injuries and bad coaching, I call it contrac year performers, I dont want any of that.
lakersin4
Starter

Post#691 » by lakersin4 » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:01 pm

LApwnd wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:Lin, Nash, Randle for Sanders, Ilyasova, Wolters, Sessions S&T

not to me it doesn't....Marc @ 30 will still be heads over heal better than Sanders who's only claim to still being a basketball player is blocking shots. Anytime a player has a season like Sanders after signing a big contract is a big time red flag and it wasn't just declining in production he's also brining bad attitude into the locker room as well. Ilyasova is another player who unsurprisingly went back to his norm and even regressed after signing a big contract. Bucks fans blame injuries and bad coaching, I call it contrac year performers, I dont want any of that.

I look at it like this.. We still have cap space to sign a big name player next summer.. We add a real starting C that can make our defense much better & a stretch 4 that can almost surely give us more than Randle this season. Wolters is a very good young PG & Sessions is good enough to start until Wolters is ready. We have a better chance at making the playoffs with this team than the team we have right now & I think that's going to be a key factor in attracting a major FA next summer. We have a better chance convincing 1 player to join a playoff team than recruiting Marc + another FA with the idea that they can make us a playoff team.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#692 » by LApwnd » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:20 pm

lakersin4 wrote:I look at it like this.. We still have cap space to sign a big name player next summer.. We add a real starting C that can make our defense much better & a stretch 4 that can almost surely give us more than Randle this season. Wolters is a very good young PG & Sessions is good enough to start until Wolters is ready. We have a better chance at making the playoffs with this team than the team we have right now & I think that's going to be a key factor in attracting a major FA next summer. We have a better chance convincing 1 player to join a playoff team than recruiting Marc + another FA with the idea that they can make us a playoff team.

Nobody is signing with us because of Larry Sandersand Illysova :lol:
lakersin4
Starter

Post#693 » by lakersin4 » Fri Sep 5, 2014 6:39 pm

LApwnd wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:I look at it like this.. We still have cap space to sign a big name player next summer.. We add a real starting C that can make our defense much better & a stretch 4 that can almost surely give us more than Randle this season. Wolters is a very good young PG & Sessions is good enough to start until Wolters is ready. We have a better chance at making the playoffs with this team than the team we have right now & I think that's going to be a key factor in attracting a major FA next summer. We have a better chance convincing 1 player to join a playoff team than recruiting Marc + another FA with the idea that they can make us a playoff team.

No, they'd sign with us because we made the playoffs & could be contenders if they sign here. We'd be thin on the wings & have a weak starting SF so signing Beasley would put us in an even better position if he pans out.

Sessions/Wolters/Clarkson
Kobe/X
Young/Beasley/Wes
Boozer/Ilyasova/Kelly
Sanders/Hill/Davis

If that isn't a playoff team it isn't far off.. Extremely big heavy, that's 6 bigs who belong in the rotation, only 1 of them a true C. We would most likely look to trade Ilyasova or Hill, whoever has more value near the deadline & get some pieces that will either help us make the playoffs if we're on that path or assets an expiring contract with a pick or 2 if we're headed for the lottery.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#694 » by LApwnd » Fri Sep 5, 2014 8:03 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

No, they'd sign with us because we made the playoffs & could be contenders if they sign here. We'd be thin on the wings & have a weak starting SF so signing Beasley would put us in an even better position if he pans out.

Sessions/Wolters/Clarkson
Kobe/X
Young/Beasley/Wes
Boozer/Ilyasova/Kelly
Sanders/Hill/Davis

If that isn't a playoff team it isn't far off.. Extremely big heavy, that's 6 bigs who belong in the rotation, only 1 of them a true C. We would most likely look to trade Ilyasova or Hill, whoever has more value near the deadline & get some pieces that will either help us make the playoffs if we're on that path or assets an expiring contract with a pick or 2 if we're headed for the lottery.

terrible teamslike the Bucks are the type who commit large salary to avg. players who have gig contracrt year production. I dont want their mistakes, the only one I would consider of the two is Sanders and I'm not giving up Randle for that doufus, he had terible year, he has a drug problem and he has locker room issues. I'm booking the local dispencery will salivate at the tought of having Beasely and Sanders in town together :lol:
goldrodd
Banned User
And1: 1

Rounding out the roster 

Post#695 » by goldrodd » Sat Sep 6, 2014 5:24 am

Sign Haseem Thabeet. a 7"ft 3 inch center. He's a young athletic center that could improve with some coaching from Kareem. Michael Beasley should be sign to provide offense and rebounding from the 3,4 or 5. Here it comes ban me but you got to put some bama hustle in there at the pointguard. EricBledsoe is what i suggest at the pointguard in a sign and trade deal. Giving up #1 pick from Houston along with Nash/ Hill and Johnson should be done. Bledsoe brings a faster tempo that favors young legs. Lin can play 1 or 2 with Kobe at 3. Beasley can play 3 or 4 some 5. Thabeet protects the rim. Playoffs 2015 where a dangerous team. Free agents Like Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis etc won't come unless there's a foundation of young talent here. Bledsoe is like putting a hemi in your car. Supercharge Laker legs and build a foundation. pg bledsoe sg kobe sf beasley pf randle c thabeet. bench Lin, X, Young, Davis
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Re: Rounding out the roster 

Post#696 » by ROballer » Sat Sep 6, 2014 5:41 am

:noway:
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,093

Post#697 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Sep 6, 2014 6:13 am

:crazy: :nonono:
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL I'LL BE BACK! AND BACK WITH MORE BUTT HURT SIGNATURS LMAO
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,298

Post#698 » by Ckay » Sat Sep 6, 2014 6:19 am

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/nba-2 ... -revealed/

even in a video game he sucks ass

top 5 worst players in 2k15
420 65 Brandon Davies PF PHI
421 65 Hasheem Thabeet C OKC
422 65 Josh Huestis SF OKC
423 64 Shavlik Randolph PF PHX
424 64 Bruno Caboclo SF TOR
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#699 » by ROballer » Sat Sep 6, 2014 6:28 am

A 64 is the lowest rating in 2k15? Crazy...

Where are the days of players rated in the 40's and 50's ? :lol:
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
KobeBryant24
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#700 » by KobeBryant24 » Sat Sep 6, 2014 7:34 am

This **** again ?!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers