ImageImageImageImageImage

2015 Lakers Trade Deadline thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Re: 3-team Trade Idea 

Post#621 » by Sofa King » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:25 pm

What dafuq did you just proposed. Worse. Trade. Idea. Of 2014.
Frantik
Sixth Man
And1: 37

Post#622 » by Frantik » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:12 pm

hawkschop1 wrote:You can honestly tell me you like Jordan hills contract? That's Paul Millsap money.
In the case of hill..heart doesn't help you finish around the rim.
Why do you think he has so many offensive rebounds! Lmao

Yo... I'd be embarrassed to post an idea like that. *pheeeew!**... lmao!! i cant!

Let me tell you... I'd take Hill any day of the week over Hibbert. Hibbert is a weakling. An embarrassment to 7-footers. I don't recall Kwame Brown (*in Stephen-A voice*) ever displaying such contribution disparity that one could only attributed to absolute lack of fortitude. Never you ever ever suggest that that dude should don the purple and gold!

ps: If all Hibbert did during that series was have "so many offensive rebounds", they might have won it all! he didn't do nothing! nada! zilch!
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Re: 2014 Lakers Trade Ideas thread | The Resurrection! 

Post#623 » by JohnVancouver » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Hibbert's too good not come back - but the Indy centre I'd want is Mahinmi. I've seen him play some impressive ball.
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#624 » by tviper » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:43 pm

SarcasticSun wrote:
tviper wrote:Now there are numerous reports that Wiggins is being made available. Well, there goes another FA possibility for LAL. There are literally no possibilities until 2016 and at that point, why is Durant coming here. Bad times. Looks like will have to get a talent via trade. The proposed S&T for Stephenson posted above works for Bledsoe as well, that is:

LAL out: Marshall, Sacre, Nash, HOU 2015 1st = 11,531,486
PHO out: Bledsoe (S&T 112M per, 4 yrs/48) = 12,000,000

Max LAL can take back is 11.531M + 5M = 16.531M so more could be offered to Bledsoe to get the deal done (max cap room no longer necessary because no max players realistically available). Also a possibility would be sending Kelly in a S&T to PHO as he would help replace the loss of Frye. Similar games.

If you want Bledsoe in a sign and trade you would have to give up randle. I don't think the lakers are willing to do that. It will take more than scraps+late first round pick to pry bledsoe away from the suns. Only Philly can give him a max contract so the suns have a lot of leverage. And our gm has made it known he won't trade away bledsoe unless he is recieving good players in return. Again, a deal for bledsoe really doesn't make sense for both teams unless the lakers are willing to include Randle (doubtful.)

If it takes Randle then I agree LAL would pass. Too much injury uncertainty with Bledsoe at the price he wants to give up a young cheap potential star.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#625 » by LApwnd » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:06 am

SarcasticSun wrote:
tviper wrote:Now there are numerous reports that Wiggins is being made available. Well, there goes another FA possibility for LAL. There are literally no possibilities until 2016 and at that point, why is Durant coming here. Bad times. Looks like will have to get a talent via trade. The proposed S&T for Stephenson posted above works for Bledsoe as well, that is:

Max LAL can take back is 11.531M + 5M = 16.531M so more could be offered to Bledsoe to get the deal done (max cap room no longer necessary because no max players realistically available). Also a possibility would be sending Kelly in a S&T to PHO as he would help replace the loss of Frye. Similar games.

If you want Bledsoe in a sign and trade you would have to give up randle. I don't think the lakers are willing to do that. It will take more than scraps+late first round pick to pry bledsoe away from the suns. Only Philly can give him a max contract so the suns have a lot of leverage. And our gm has made it known he won't trade away bledsoe unless he is recieving good players in return. Again, a deal for bledsoe really doesn't make sense for both teams unless the lakers are willing to include Randle (doubtful.)

hopefully no trade happens and you guys give Bled max, that will be a great outcome for both sides. :D
Kangaroohop
Junior
And1: 50

Post#626 » by Kangaroohop » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:39 am

We need a defensive minded player... Badly!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#627 » by jcsunsfan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:45 pm

tviper wrote:
SarcasticSun wrote:

If it takes Randle then I agree LAL would pass. Too much injury uncertainty with Bledsoe at the price he wants to give up a young cheap potential star.

This just doesn't seem to make sense for either team. Would the Lakers be willing to pay Bledsoe a max deal? Just curious. As a Suns fan, I am just wishing he would sign an offer sheet with someone so that we can match and have this over.
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#628 » by ak7 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:49 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:This just doesn't seem to make sense for either team. Would the Lakers be willing to pay Bledsoe a max deal? Just curious. As a Suns fan, I am just wishing he would sign an offer sheet with someone so that we can match and have this over.

Come on, you're not hoping he signs an offer sheet so it's over, you're hoping he signs an offer sheet because at this point that's probably the only way you sign him long term - otherwise, wouldn't you guys have already come to an agreement already?

It's obvious he's ready to take the QO and move on from the Suns as an UFA next off-season.
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#629 » by tviper » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:00 pm

ak7 wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:This just doesn't seem to make sense for either team. Would the Lakers be willing to pay Bledsoe a max deal? Just curious. As a Suns fan, I am just wishing he would sign an offer sheet with someone so that we can match and have this over.

Come on, you're not hoping he signs an offer sheet so it's over, you're hoping he signs an offer sheet because at this point that's probably the only way you sign him long term - otherwise, wouldn't you guys have already come to an agreement already?

It's obvious he's ready to take the QO and move on from the Suns as an UFA next off-season.

with his injury history, I seriously doubt he will play without a long term deal. way too much risk. that said, PHO doesn't really need him due to the Thomas signing (brilliant by the way to take away leverage), so it will come down to price vs. assets. if he maintains a stance of 15M per and PHO can get a pick or player or both, they would have to think hard about it. I just think that this is all posturing and PHO will give him 12.5 or 13 and he will be back.
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#630 » by ak7 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:52 pm

tviper wrote:
ak7 wrote:

with his injury history, I seriously doubt he will play without a long term deal. way too much risk. that said, PHO doesn't really need him due to the Thomas signing (brilliant by the way to take away leverage), so it will come down to price vs. assets. if he maintains a stance of 15M per and PHO can get a pick or player or both, they would have to think hard about it. I just think that this is all posturing and PHO will give him 12.5 or 13 and he will be back.

I think he's more interested in getting the most money he can. Which is why he hasn't signed. I'm fairly certain he's received long term offers, but obviously not at the dollar amount he's looking for. The guy can play, and he's young. Best to cash in while there is still hype around his potential. I doubt PHO is playing hardball just to settle to pay him 12.5 or 13 to start, I'd be surprised if that happened, and that would look more like a win for EB.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#631 » by jcsunsfan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:12 pm

ak7 wrote:

I suppose he could sign the QO but he would leave $9 million on the table just this year, and would have to make that up in the next contract. Plus, ANY type of knee injury and he won't be able to get the same deal. He is trying to get the most money he can and is working every angle he can. I haven't seen any sign and trade suggestion that would be agreeable to either team. So in the end, I am not sure what choice he will have but to resign with Phoenix. I am not sure he will get the 4/48 the Suns are offering with anyone else.

I guess the question is this. Would the Lakers offer him a max deal (4/60ish) if somehow a s&t could be worked out? Is he worth a max contract to you?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#632 » by Slava » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:25 pm

kbrow20 wrote:Would you do a James + Mekel for Sacre?

Someone's offering something for Sacre? :lol:
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#633 » by LApwnd » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:35 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
ak7 wrote:

I suppose he could sign the QO but he would leave $9 million on the table just this year, and would have to make that up in the next contract. Plus, ANY type of knee injury and he won't be able to get the same deal. He is trying to get the most money he can and is working every angle he can. I haven't seen any sign and trade suggestion that would be agreeable to either team. So in the end, I am not sure what choice he will have but to resign with Phoenix. I am not sure he will get the 4/48 the Suns are offering with anyone else.

I guess the question is this. Would the Lakers offer him a max deal (4/60ish) if somehow a s&t could be worked out? Is he worth a max contract to you?

4/60 isn't terrible vs. 5/80. But regardless Pho asking price is to high IMO....we take all the risk in terms of overpaying with the contract as well as losing pretty much every asset we have (and we have very little of)
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#634 » by AcecardZ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:11 pm

I would lose all faith in our management if Randle is moved for Bledsoe unless maybe two first round picks were also involved and even then I'd probably be sick to my stomach for at least a week.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#635 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:13 pm

hawkschop1 wrote:Phx gets Nash, Randle, CJ Miles and LA first (via Houston)

Lakers get Roy Hibbert, Solomon Hill and Chris Copeland

Indy gets Jordan Hill and Eric Bledsoe

Lakers save cap space as well.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#636 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:14 pm

AcecardZ wrote:I would lose all faith in our management if Randle is moved for Bledsoe unless maybe two first round picks were also involved and even then I'd probably be sick to my stomach for at least a week.

If we got 1st rounder plus got rid of nash and got Bledsoe it would work.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#637 » by LApwnd » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:33 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
AcecardZ wrote:I would lose all faith in our management if Randle is moved for Bledsoe unless maybe two first round picks were also involved and even then I'd probably be sick to my stomach for at least a week.

If we got 1st rounder plus got rid of nash and got Bledsoe it would work.

sure but we all know Pho loves their 1st rders :lol:
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#638 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:47 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
hawkschop1 wrote:Phx gets Nash, Randle, CJ Miles and LA first (via Houston)

Lakers get Roy Hibbert, Solomon Hill and Chris Copeland

Indy gets Jordan Hill and Eric Bledsoe

Lakers save cap space as well.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the gb has Bledsoe for Lin and randle and 1st
Forum permissions