ImageImageImageImageImage

2015 Lakers Trade Deadline thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Re: 2014 Lakers Trade Ideas thread | The Resurrection! 

Post#641 » by tviper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:07 am

LApwnd wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:
ak7 wrote:
Come on, you're not hoping he signs an offer sheet so it's over, you're hoping he signs an offer sheet because at this point that's probably the only way you sign him long term - otherwise, wouldn't you guys have already come to an agreement already?

It's obvious he's ready to take the QO and move on from the Suns as an UFA next off-season.

I suppose he could sign the QO but he would leave $9 million on the table just this year, and would have to make that up in the next contract. Plus, ANY type of knee injury and he won't be able to get the same deal. He is trying to get the most money he can and is working every angle he can. I haven't seen any sign and trade suggestion that would be agreeable to either team. So in the end, I am not sure what choice he will have but to resign with Phoenix. I am not sure he will get the 4/48 the Suns are offering with anyone else.

I guess the question is this. Would the Lakers offer him a max deal (4/60ish) if somehow a s&t could be worked out? Is he worth a max contract to you?

4/60 isn't terrible vs. 5/80. But regardless Pho asking price is to high IMO....we take all the risk in terms of overpaying with the contract as well as losing pretty much every asset we have (and we have very little of)

I agree with this. The most LAL should trade is HOU 2015 1st and Hill. Definitely not Randle considering the risk with Bledsoe's injury history. As stated above, I think he ends up with PHO. However, it would add some intrigue to an otherwise blah offseason for LAL.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,652

Re: 3-team Trade Idea 

Post#642 » by dockingsched » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:13 am

AcecardZ wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:the gb has Bledsoe for Lin and randle and 1st

These trades for pupu platters are getting downright insulting. Lin + Randle for Bledsoe would be an absolute raping by Phoenix.

Personally I wouldn't even give up Lin for Bledsoe. Commiting big long term money to Bledsoe will set any franchise back years.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,652

Post#643 » by dockingsched » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:22 am

AcecardZ wrote:I would lose all faith in our management if Randle is moved for Bledsoe unless maybe two first round picks were also involved and even then I'd probably be sick to my stomach for at least a week.

No worries, if the lakers thought highly of Bledsoe they could've just offered him to an offer sheet when they had cap and got him for nothing. Laughable to suggest that the lakers would turn around and offer randle now
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
lelelazza8
Junior
And1: 15

Post#644 » by lelelazza8 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:55 am

Any chance to get Kidd-Gilchrist and Biyombo??
They didn't play well in Charlotte and Hornets sign in two consecutive summers Stephenson and Big Al via free agency... There's no more space for this guys...
aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Post#645 » by aaron_gray » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:32 pm

Since I can't post this in the fantasy thread, i'll just post it here:

I was checking the ft% leaders, and in the top 20 there were only 3 forwards. They were Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Durant, and Brandon Bass.
TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#646 » by LApwnd » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:02 pm

How would you guys feel bout Nash/Hou 1st for Wilson Chandler? Would be our starting 3 and his a solid career thus far outside of injuries. Athletic, decent 3pt shooter, long and still young with a manageble contract with team option for 15-16, very least he could be another trade asset after this season, like Hill...combine those 2 and you basically have $15mill of "expiring" if we trade them to a team who wont pick up either guys options.
otbotb
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#647 » by otbotb » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:41 pm

LApwnd wrote:How would you guys feel bout Nash/Hou 1st for Wilson Chandler? Would be our starting 3 and his a solid career thus far outside of injuries. Athletic, decent 3pt shooter, long and still young with a manageble contract with team option for 15-16, very least he could be another trade asset after this season, like Hill...combine those 2 and you basically have $15mill of "expiring" if we trade them to a team who wont pick up either guys options.

I was hoping the lakers could get Landry Fields from Raptors and give them their Canadian leader Nash lol. Contact is basically the same, but I doubt Raptors would do it.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#648 » by LApwnd » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:21 pm

otbotb wrote:
LApwnd wrote:How would you guys feel bout Nash/Hou 1st for Wilson Chandler? Would be our starting 3 and his a solid career thus far outside of injuries. Athletic, decent 3pt shooter, long and still young with a manageble contract with team option for 15-16, very least he could be another trade asset after this season, like Hill...combine those 2 and you basically have $15mill of "expiring" if we trade them to a team who wont pick up either guys options.

I was hoping the lakers could get Landry Fields from Raptors and give them their Canadian leader Nash lol. Contact is basically the same, but I doubt Raptors would do it.

hasn't been good since his rookie year, waste of money IMO, I dont know if MDA was coaching him when he was a rookie but has stats has declined every year since then, so I think he was.
aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Post#649 » by aaron_gray » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:28 pm

Also pretty sure Raps want someone who will play basketball next year, so idk...
TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#650 » by JohnVancouver » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:29 pm

otbotb wrote:

Toronto would do it in a heartbeat - they only signed landry to that deal to sway nash. Remewmber that nash leaves Jesus a distant second in this country
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
lelelazza8
Junior
And1: 15

Post#651 » by lelelazza8 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:16 am

LAL
trade Nash, Sacre, HOU 1st and 2nd...
get Barnes and Session (sign and trade)...
Why? Get starting five SF and good back up PG...

MIL
trade Mayo and Session...
get Nash, Snell and HOU 1st...
Why? Get pick and expring contract...

CHI
trade Gibson and Snell...
get Mayo, Speights and HOU 2nd...
Why? Get starting five SG and good back up PF/C...
With Gasol and Mirotic, Gibson is tradable...

GSW
trade Barnes and Speights...
get Gibson and Sacre..
Why? Get good PF...
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,318

Post#652 » by Ckay » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:40 am

lelelazza8 wrote:LAL

MIL

CHI

GSW
get Gibson and Sacre..
Why? Get good PF...

Bulls say no
WCDYNASTY
Bench Warmer
And1: 95

Post#653 » by WCDYNASTY » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:28 am

MIL

CHI

GSW
get Gibson and Sacre..

Why? Get good PF...

I could see this deal happen if HOU 1st went to Bulls instead of Bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
WCDYNASTY
Bench Warmer
And1: 95

Post#654 » by WCDYNASTY » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:30 am

Or if the HOU 1st went to GSW.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
tlifeset
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#655 » by tlifeset » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:37 pm

MIL

CHI

GSW
get Gibson and Sacre..
Why? Get good PF...

Lakers say no. Barnes and Sessions are complimentary pieces that are scooped up by teams like the Lakers for chump change.

Nash's expiring contract and the Houston picks are earmarked for all-star caliber players. Let me tell you there is ALWAYS a team that is looking to dump salary or no longer believes in their max salary guy or makes an emotional move, that will take that offer. Pau Gasol was made available to us because he was a max salary guy who got swept over and over in the playoffs - he was viewed as an overpaid guy who wasn't truly a leader. We obviously envisioned him as much more.

Right now, you could look at a guy like Galinari on Denver - makes a lot of money, coming off surgery on a roster with bloated contracts. They might take that deal.

A team like Phoenix might be worried about maxing out Bledsoe and not want to lose him for nothing - while not picking up more salary. You never know.

Either way, those are the level of players the Lakers are looking at acquiring. They don't need spare parts - they need real players.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#656 » by Laker_Kid » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:47 am

I think we have acquired enough assets to net us our next core piece ala Gasol deal by the deadline.

Sent from my LG-D802 using RealGM Forums mobile app
lakersin4
Starter
And1: 788

Post#657 » by lakersin4 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:39 am

tlifeset wrote:

MIL

CHI

GSW
get Gibson and Sacre..
Why? Get good PF...

Lakers say no. Barnes and Sessions are complimentary pieces that are scooped up by teams like the Lakers for chump change.

Nash's expiring contract and the Houston picks are earmarked for all-star caliber players. Let me tell you there is ALWAYS a team that is looking to dump salary or no longer believes in their max salary guy or makes an emotional move, that will take that offer. Pau Gasol was made available to us because he was a max salary guy who got swept over and over in the playoffs - he was viewed as an overpaid guy who wasn't truly a leader. We obviously envisioned him as much more.

Right now, you could look at a guy like Galinari on Denver - makes a lot of money, coming off surgery on a roster with bloated contracts. They might take that deal.

A team like Phoenix might be worried about maxing out Bledsoe and not want to lose him for nothing - while not picking up more salary. You never know.

Either way, those are the level of players the Lakers are looking at acquiring. They don't need spare parts - they need real players.
Lakers definitely don't say no.. Barnes is our starting SF & a huge upgrade over Wes.. Sessions is a huge upgrade from the 10 games we'll get out of Nash. Don't think they'd have any interest in Sacre so I assume he wouldn't be dealt.

Lin/Sessions
Kobe/X/Clarkson
Barnes/Young/Wes
Boozer/Randle/Kelly
Hill/Davis/Sacre

That's enough of an upgrade for us to become a playoff team.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,300

Post#658 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:43 pm

i don't know how anyone can think that deal for chicago would be a good deal.

bulls really really really value gibson AND snell, snell ain't no two bit player that can be thrown into any deal, dude can ball and can shoot the ball

give both of them up? for mayo (semi-trash), speights (semi-trash) and a houston 2nd?

essentially snell could play the 2, but trade his rookie deal for mayo? and then the deal is gibson for the houston 2nd

that is down-right insulting
lakersin4
Starter
And1: 788

Post#659 » by lakersin4 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:58 pm

Dr Aki wrote:i don't know how anyone can think that deal for chicago would be a good deal.

bulls really really really value gibson AND snell, snell ain't no two bit player that can be thrown into any deal, dude can ball and can shoot the ball

give both of them up? for mayo (semi-trash), speights (semi-trash) and a houston 2nd?

essentially snell could play the 2, but trade his rookie deal for mayo? and then the deal is gibson for the houston 2nd

Yeah they would have to really value Mayo to go for that.. Doubtful. Although Gibson isn't as big for them now that they added Pau, I'd expect this to be the peak of Gibson's value.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,300

Post#660 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:16 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:i don't know how anyone can think that deal for chicago would be a good deal.

Yeah they would have to really value Mayo to go for that.. Doubtful. Although Gibson isn't as big for them now that they added Pau, I'd expect this to be the peak of Gibson's value.

speights and a houston 2nd?

really? gibson's peak value? for real? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers