ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA VI

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Re: Around The NBA VI 

Post#841 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:52 pm

I was looking at the Nuggets roster, a team some feel is better than the Lakers and could compete for a playoff spot. Sorry but the pick up of Arron Afflalo isn't going to be enough. I just don't see how they're way ahead of the Lakers, they only have one lead guard on the roster in Lawson...so it's no depth there. I don't count Nate Robinson because he's not a true lead guard that can run a team effectively.

Looking at their centers ( Hickson,Mozgov, McGhee, Nurkic)....I like ours against theirs any day of the week. We have active/hustle type bigs in Hill , Sacre and Davis. When you have guys that will exert effort and won't half ass it, you're gonna be in pretty good shape.

And our guards can go toe to toe with them, it feels good now having a lead guard that the other team at least has to respect in J.Lin. Now all we have to do is add a decent back up or chance it and give minutes to Clarkson, which I'm good with because of his size and speed to cover quick guards.

But again looking at the Nuggets, I see no reason to fear them.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#842 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:57 pm

EArl wrote:gary payton looks like one of those old uncles telling dirty jokes a the park. Damn hes aged.
Yeah 45 years old is tough like that.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Post#843 » by aaron_gray » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:29 pm

mad props to silaynne stocks on deviant for the cloud stock
TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Re: Kobe Lin Rush hour 4 

Post#844 » by SlimShady83 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:52 am

so funny i just posted it on facebook haha.
Bring back Defense
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,326

Post#845 » by Ckay » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:54 am

wow!
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,816

Post#846 » by TyCobb » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:04 am

:lol: That was surprisingly funny.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,330

Post#847 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:17 am

that was a bit cringe worthy for me

probably cos i've watched rush hour too many times
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#848 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:56 am

supaflash wrote:What happened to the media thread?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0WnP6vlYjk[/youtube]

:lol:

ok will discuss a return of the media thread. hasn't been much good media lately and we have a bunch of stickies, but possibly a good thing.
Flipdog69xxx
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#849 » by Flipdog69xxx » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:20 am

epic lol
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#850 » by LApwnd » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:44 am

Doormatt wrote:
ak7 wrote:Dwight Howard is delusional. Best center in the league? Oh okay.

i mean i dont like the dude and hes looking like hes gonna be jsut as big of a douche on the rockets as he was here but who is better than him? lol hibbert?

make no mistake hes still the best center in the league, but its not because hes that much better its just everyone else sucks.

basically Howard is the least fat kid at fat camp :lol: ....dudes lucky he didn't play in the 90's era which had Hakeem, Ewing, D.Rob, etc......he's be lucky to be top 5 C back then with his game right now.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#851 » by LApwnd » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:49 am

aaron_gray wrote:Are we like Shaq now, just hate on Dwight every chance we get

yes :lol: I wanted to believe and I did defend him during his time here. Yes he is the Best C not soley due to being the "best" not like Shaq at his prime, this is more due to lack of talented C these days, closes is Hibbert but dudes softer than Pau.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#852 » by Penberthy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:55 am

I'd take marc all day every day over Dwight. There is more to basketball than dunking really hard. Ya know like passing, shooting, free throws, small stuff like that.
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,272

Post#853 » by rockmanslim » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:43 am

click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Post#854 » by aaron_gray » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:58 am

The great thing about Marc is, he fits well with just about every post player in the league. A great passer who you can trust your half court offense with and his main weapon is his high post jumper. He's also a great defender, which can't be said for Greg Monroe, Al Jefferson, David Lee or Pau. With Dwight, you can just shove Ryan Anderson or a small ball four next to him, which is convenient. There's only 1 Dwight though, and there are lots of post players who don't play defense.
TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
Tonyism
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#855 » by Tonyism » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:25 pm

I think Dwight Howard was the star attraction at the Center position due to the lack of any good centers...he was like you know, Glam Rock at a time when rock stars left some vacancy about 5-10 years ago. Dwight has nothing in his game except explosiveness. If I were to pick a team, I would actually prefer Lopez, Marc Gasol, and in a few years maybe Davis or even Gortat (the last two being a stretch).

Doormatt wrote:

i mean i dont like the dude and hes looking like hes gonna be jsut as big of a douche on the rockets as he was here but who is better than him? lol hibbert?

make no mistake hes still the best center in the league, but its not because hes that much better its just everyone else sucks.
Dear Moderators, can I get my previous account (Tonyism74) activated or have those credentials carry over to this one? Ballboy is embarassing. I forgot the previous credentials.
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#856 » by ak7 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:42 pm

Doormatt wrote:

My gripe with him labeling himself the best center in the game is this:

Joakim Noah says hello.

For as good as Dwight is on the defensive end, Noah had a more impactful season.

For as good as Dwight SHOULD be on the offensive end, Noah is producing better.

Dwight may have a better looking raw statline (in terms of points and rebounds), but Noah impacts the game in many more ways than Dwight can dream of doing so at this point in his career.
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,326

Post#857 » by Ckay » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:21 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoshTweetedThis/status/491251561101008897[/tweet]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSIL1jLo_ec[/youtube]
Indy2LA
Junior
And1: 271

Post#858 » by Indy2LA » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:22 pm

Doormatt wrote:

Agreed! Dwight saying he is the best Center is one thing because there aren't many great centers in the league.

But saying Harden is the best 2 guard... LOL

I'd take Kobe on one leg over that overrated ballhog.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#859 » by crazyeights » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:56 pm

Guys saying Noah is a better C than Dwight need to put down the pipe.

If your agenda was flipped, you'd easily call Noah a one-way player. The dude is basically the opposite of James Harden, in that he is mediocre to bad on offense. Are you going to tell me the best center in the game only shoots 47.5% from the field?

Sure, he's a great defensive anchor, but even with Dwight's lowest bpg since his 3rd year, his was higher than Noah's 1.5. In the playoffs, Noah had a PER of 13.1. Dwight's? 27.2.

The guy had a really strong season. I get it, he's a clown, he ditched the Lakers (although the way it shook out, do you really think he should have stayed playing without Kobe, Nash, and a bunch of 1 year outcasts for a coach he loathed?) Dwight leaving was unfortunate, but in the end the best for both teams.

So once you accept that, yeah, you can see the center position has and will continue to be weak for some time. But don't let your hate cloud what's plain to see: Dwight is still the best center in the game.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,816

Post#860 » by TyCobb » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Give me Noah and Drummond over Dwight. Hell, you can even make an argument for DeAndre.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers