ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA VI

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,963

Re: Around The NBA VI 

Post#3881 » by Optms » Thu May 21, 2015 7:05 am

In a fair and balanced conference, the Hawks would have long ago been exposed. But that's the East for you.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#3882 » by TyCobb » Fri May 22, 2015 1:43 am

RIP Dwight Howard

- AI
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#3883 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri May 22, 2015 1:46 am

TyCobb wrote:RIP Dwight Howard

- AI

I wish he hadn't stepped out of the way. Iggy would have cocked that **** back, and spiked it in his face.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#3884 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri May 22, 2015 3:40 am

Harden with the choke job. Love it.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#3885 » by Slava » Fri May 22, 2015 3:41 am

Sometimes, by that I mean most times the Rockets outsmart themselves.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#3886 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri May 22, 2015 3:42 am

McHale had a timeout too...I still wonder how he's the Rockets head coach.
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#3887 » by Wavy Q » Fri May 22, 2015 3:47 am

Lol Harden giveth and Harden taketh away
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#3888 » by LApwnd » Fri May 22, 2015 3:51 am

I think Hou will tie it up when they get home, this warrior team is to lose with the ball, they lucked out today.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#3889 » by DEEP3CL » Fri May 22, 2015 4:24 am

LApwnd wrote:I think Hou will tie it up when they get home, this warrior team is to loose with the ball, they lucked out today.
Yeah but that's correctable, when the Warriors cut those TO's down then what will the Rockets do ?
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#3890 » by LApwnd » Fri May 22, 2015 4:28 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
LApwnd wrote:I think Hou will tie it up when they get home, this warrior team is to loose with the ball, they lucked out today.
Yeah but that's correctable, when the Warriors cut those TO's down then what will the Rockets do ?

well considering its WCF already and they still doing it so I don't think its as easy as it sounds. Harden is ungaurdable right now if Hou can get Smith/Brewer back on track it would bring them a long ways.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#3891 » by DEEP3CL » Fri May 22, 2015 4:45 am

LApwnd wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:

well considering its WCF already and they still doing it so I don't think its as easy as it sounds. Harden is ungaurdable right now if Hou can get Smith/Brewer back on track it would bring them a long ways.
J Smoove damn near chucked them out the game in the first half. Brewer is streaky as they come but shoots better at home.

The Warriors are always gonna be prone to TO's, they just have to control the rate in which they amass them. The Warriors play to their crowd too much and make passes the crowd expects to result in 3's. That is easily correctable. On the road they'll be more precise with their offense.

The only adjustment they need for Harden, is that they have to wall him off and try like hell to keep him on the right. If I'm the Warriors I'd occasionally run a trap at him to make him give it up without giving Ariza and Terry too much space to shoot it.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#3892 » by Penberthy » Fri May 22, 2015 5:01 am

The difference is that the Warriors have at least 3 guys on the bench who are more reliable than whoever Hou's #2 guy on offense is:
Livingston, Barbosa, AI, Lee.
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#3893 » by ArC_man » Fri May 22, 2015 3:16 pm

Isn't it interesting that the Clippers have two players on the all defensive 1st team but are a completely average team on defense?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3894 » by Slava » Fri May 22, 2015 3:44 pm

If a team could only play 5 players all through the game, Clippers would be pretty damn good, unfortunately no matter how much talent they have, the quality falls deeply after the top 3 + Redick.
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#3895 » by ArC_man » Fri May 22, 2015 4:47 pm

Slava wrote:If a team could only play 5 players all through the game, Clippers would be pretty damn good, unfortunately no matter how much talent they have, the quality falls deeply after the top 3 + Redick.

I feel like their hole at SF prevents them from becoming a defensive juggernaut. I'm getting a distinct impression that an elite defensive wing might be more important than an elite rim protector. 4 of the top 5 defensive teams this year (out of Warriors, Spurs, Grizz, Bucks, Wizards) have elite defensive wings along with above average defensive bigs.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3896 » by Slava » Fri May 22, 2015 5:17 pm

ArC_man wrote:
Slava wrote:If a team could only play 5 players all through the game, Clippers would be pretty damn good, unfortunately no matter how much talent they have, the quality falls deeply after the top 3 + Redick.

I feel like their hole at SF prevents them from becoming a defensive juggernaut. I'm getting a distinct impression that an elite defensive wing might be more important than an elite rim protector. 4 of the top 5 defensive teams this year (out of Warriors, Spurs, Grizz, Bucks, Wizards) have elite defensive wings along with above average defensive bigs.

Its not just defense, I'm pretty sure the Clippers starting 5 leads the league in all kinds of stats from +/- to offensive efficiency and so on. Its not sustainable to play 82 games in the west + playoffs with an abnormally short rotation of capable players and that is why you always need to hit in the draft even in the late first or second rounds to keep talent on cheap contracts to surround all stars.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#3897 » by crazyeights » Fri May 22, 2015 5:38 pm

Slava wrote:
ArC_man wrote:

Its not just defense, I'm pretty sure the Clippers starting 5 leads the league in all kinds of stats from +/- to offensive efficiency and so on. Its not sustainable to play 82 games in the west + playoffs with an abnormally short rotation of capable players and that is why you always need to hit in the draft even in the late first or second rounds to keep talent on cheap contracts to surround all stars.

This is why I don't think Doc should be their GM. I just don't see how in the modern NBA a guy will have the clarity and the time to put in the work to make those in-season tweaks. What did he do? He traded for his son? I mean as much as Rivers had that great stretch there, he simply isn't consistent enough to be relied upon in the way they needed.

The Clippers were one great bench contributor away. That's all on Doc.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#3898 » by Kilroy » Fri May 22, 2015 7:03 pm

Maybe it was over-use... And maybe I'm not being generous enough...
But I think the Clippers were consistent play from CP3 and Griffin away from the WCF at least. I think the went the way their stars went, frankly. And I just don't trust a team in the playoffs that has CP3 as it's best player, for that reason.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3899 » by crazyeights » Fri May 22, 2015 9:21 pm

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-best-nba-teams-of-all-time-according-to-elo/

Interesting article...anyone ever hear of Elo before?

They've ranked the best teams of all time by it and oddly enough the 08-09 Lakers are ranked 5th best all time, just after this year's Warriors.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3900 » by crazyeights » Fri May 22, 2015 11:31 pm

If the Hawks lose again tonight, with the Cavs Irving-less, they should just call it a series and re-assign their guys to the Washington Generals.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers