Sixers are considering trading Michael Carter-Williams

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Re: Sixers are considering trading Michael Carter-Williams 

Post#61 » by LApwnd » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:24 pm

Jajwanda wrote:We wish...

More likely Nash/7 for 10/couple of 2nd rounders and perhaps a late first for Thad Young from a third team

of course "wish" :lol: ....and I hope mgmt. does not do this trade either. Melo nor James is taking that type of paycut for that fantasy duo. Might as well keep our best asset of 7th and now I have to sway towards stretching Nash and using the money to obtain that 2nd teir lvl guy if we can get one of top tier max guy. If not just role with 2 or 3 solid teir 2 type signings and hope 7th worths out and who's maybe we get lucky and Nash decides to quite and we can use his salary for our benefit.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#62 » by LApwnd » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Fresh360Waves wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
Slava wrote:Jesus man, stop trying to trade away a perfectly good asset for run of the mill players like MCW & Klay Thompson. You received a gift by sucking hard, now don't piss that away.

love this sentiment.....feel like people falling in love with MCW raw # and not look at his fg% and Thompson isn't gona take us to the next lvl, not saying the pick will either but there's still the unknown that we need to take that chance on especially if its Randle or Smart.

It has more to do w/ the potential of MCW: not his #'s. People are just thinking of alternative options in case Smart is already gone once the Lakers draft. If Smart available, of course we gotta take him in a heartbeat.

but if he didn't post those raw stat's nobody would be interseted. People discount #'s all the time when you plan on a bad team and in Phi case historically bad team. Nick Young posted 18 ppg with some really nice %, I dont think teams are gona be knocking down his doors ready to throw bags and bags of money at him, Thad Young also posted 18/6, I dont think Phi is gona get much for him either.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#63 » by Fresh360Waves » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:11 pm

LApwnd wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
love this sentiment.....feel like people falling in love with MCW raw # and not look at his fg% and Thompson isn't gona take us to the next lvl, not saying the pick will either but there's still the unknown that we need to take that chance on especially if its Randle or Smart.

It has more to do w/ the potential of MCW: not his #'s. People are just thinking of alternative options in case Smart is already gone once the Lakers draft. If Smart available, of course we gotta take him in a heartbeat.

but if he didn't post those raw stat's nobody would be interseted. People discount #'s all the time when you plan on a bad team and in Phi case historically bad team. Nick Young posted 18 ppg with some really nice %, I dont think teams are gona be knocking down his doors ready to throw bags and bags of money at him, Thad Young also posted 18/6, I dont think Phi is gona get much for him either.

True, but knowing Mitch he always notices players that many would not notice. (Ariza, Shannon Brown, Earl Clark, Sessions, etc.)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers