CT LIX: Return of the Megathread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Re: CT LIX: Return of the Megathread 

Post#4301 » by tugs » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:54 am

@SK & Kali

Brothers, I think it's time to unite this world full of racism. Let us build an Asian dynasty and work with the superpowers to bring peace to this world.

Let's start with eating balut.

@EArl

It's illegal to eat dogs here brah.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#4302 » by Sofa King » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:03 am

hermes wrote:
Sofa King wrote:
hermes wrote:can't i remember the experiences of playing games with people?

I'll ask you when you are your deathbed if you remember.

wait are you actually condemning adults from playing video games? do you feel similarly about tv and movies?

what if i read all the time instead would you say "put down the books and get out there and do something dang it"

if you define happiness in your life by getting outside, traveling, doing things then that is fine and i have no problem with it, but not everyone defines happiness that way so it doesn't make sense to put everyone in the same box

At some point, I do see the perception of adults playing video games has a negative connotation towards it. Comparing it to other forms of entertainment is similar depending what you are watching.

If you are watching Beavis and Butthead on TV and then go watch the latest Dumb and Dumber movie at the theatres, you have every right to see it, but don't expect much respect from anyone if you do.

On the flip side, if you tell me you are watching the news on TV and American Sniper at the movies, I would have a different opinion of you.

Of course, when there's an obsession to do something way too much like reading, watching TV, and playing games, it will be perceived negatively. Again, it depends what you are reading too. If you are reading manga, then it will looked upon differently if you are reading an actual novel meant for adults.

Happiness can be defined many ways. It's all up to you and won't argue playing video games doesn't bring you happiness; I believe that whatever you freely decide to do actually makes you happy. If you feel happy playing Grand Theft Auto or Super Mario in your adult hood, that's find. To my standards, I look at this as a waste of time that's best spent elsewhere. You would be happier if you did something else instead wasting your time with video games.

Doormatt wrote:youve said this before and i still have no idea what playing games has to do with experiences you have with people. yeah if ur addicted to WoW and never leave your house that is a problem, but playing video games doesnt mean you are sacrificing anything in your life other than a different hobby. youre just way off with this thinking imo, nothing wrong with playing video games.

speaking of books ive started reading before i fall asleep again, just started As I Lay Dying.

I agree with you on addition. We can both agree on this point.

I too play video games on my cellphone from time to time so I can relate to this point. It's not wrong to play it. But I would be better off doing something else and that's my point.

Here's another way of thinking about video games and I would be very much interested in the feedback on this. I too struggled with this thought because I spent a lot time growing up and during my early 20s playing video games.

As an adult, if I told someone I respected and valued their opinion on myself that I cannot meet them for coffee at Starbucks because I already planned to 1) playing *insert favorite video game* or 2) watching the Lakers game courtside or 3) going to the movies with your friends, which option sounds like the best answer and which is the worse answer?

Because I think option 1 is the worse answer, that brings me to the point that I see video games is generally less accepted medium to spend your time. And it doesn't even matter that I may enjoy playing Final Fantasy XIV with my real life friends online, but if I said to someone I can't meet you because I have already made plans to play video games, it just seems silly. :lol:
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#4303 » by Sofa King » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:09 am

tugs wrote:@SK & Kali

Brothers, I think it's time to unite this world full of racism. Let us build an Asian dynasty and work with the superpowers to bring peace to this world.

@EArl

I hope Kali doesn't get too offended by my remarks. When I was living in the US, I thought Asians supported each other. Then I visited Japan, S. Korea, Cambodia, China, and Vietnam and realize everyone hates each other here and rightfully so due to politics, some war long time ago, etc. :lol:

And I eat balut and drink sugar cane juice every so often on some nights here. I prefer eggs that are about a week old though. I can't handle the fully developed eggs.

Haven't touched dog meat. There's 4 or so outdoor restaurants near my office building that serves it. It's horrible.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#4304 » by EArl » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:32 am

tugs wrote:@SK & Kali

@EArl

i met a guy a while back who grew up in the Philippines. He told me that one day him and friends shot a stray dog with a bb gun and cooked it in the campfire and ate it.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
tugs
RealGM

Post#4305 » by tugs » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:57 am

@SK

Yeah SK. I find it hard to enjoy balut with well developed beaks and already with feathers. :lol:

@EArl

And then there's people who just don't listen. Not sure why they feel warm when they eat dog meat.

In relation to adults playing video games, here's another one:

Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Post#4306 » by Kalidogg24 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:46 am

I gotta nothing but love for SK and Tugs! An pretty much everyone in our Comm Thread to be honest.

Sorry if I came at you to hard SK about the chinese dog thing.
It was meant to be taken lightly despite my vulgarity style of replies.
An fwiw I still hope those chinese dudes in that picture go to Hell. LOL

It was just one tough ass week for me I guess. Pretty much those koreans dudes at the gym and the old man telling me I can't be a PacMan Fan put me over the top. My bad you guys got caught in my after burners.

My son is half fillipino and one of bestest friends from when I was 4 is Viet. He currently lives in Garden Grove where the Viet population is very high. He is currently one of the GodFathers to my son which I realize now I am rambling on like I am one of those crazy bitches on The View my apologizes to whoever sits through and reads my novel of a post. hahahah

We all are the same people.
Asian, Latino, Black,White. One Love Y'all!

All this talk reminds me of this Chappelle Bit :D
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17zVgzTDk4w[/youtube]
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,566

Post#4307 » by hermes » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:33 pm

EArl wrote:Surprisingly I've never seen survivor.

neither have i
tugs
RealGM

Post#4308 » by tugs » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:48 pm

Kalidogg24 wrote:

Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#4309 » by Jakay » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Also paint.
hermes
RealGM

Post#4310 » by hermes » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:52 pm

Sofa King wrote:At some point, I do see the perception of adults playing video games has a negative connotation towards it. Comparing it to other forms of entertainment is similar depending what you are watching.

If you are watching Beavis and Butthead on TV and then go watch the latest Dumb and Dumber movie at the theatres, you have every right to see it, but don't expect much respect from anyone if you do.

On the flip side, if you tell me you are watching the news on TV and American Sniper at the movies, I would have a different opinion of you.

Of course, when there's an obsession to do something way too much like reading, watching TV, and playing games, it will be perceived negatively. Again, it depends what you are reading too. If you are reading manga, then it will looked upon differently if you are reading an actual novel meant for adults.

Happiness can be defined many ways. It's all up to you and won't argue playing video games doesn't bring you happiness; I believe that whatever you freely decide to do actually makes you happy. If you feel happy playing Grand Theft Auto or Super Mario in your adult hood, that's find. To my standards, I look at this as a waste of time that's best spent elsewhere. You would be happier if you did something else instead wasting your time with video games.

Doormatt wrote:youve said this before and i still have no idea what playing games has to do with experiences you have with people. yeah if ur addicted to WoW and never leave your house that is a problem, but playing video games doesnt mean you are sacrificing anything in your life other than a different hobby. youre just way off with this thinking imo, nothing wrong with playing video games.

speaking of books ive started reading before i fall asleep again, just started As I Lay Dying.

I agree with you on addition. We can both agree on this point.

I too play video games on my cellphone from time to time so I can relate to this point. It's not wrong to play it. But I would be better off doing something else and that's my point.

Here's another way of thinking about video games and I would be very much interested in the feedback on this. I too struggled with this thought because I spent a lot time growing up and during my early 20s playing video games.

As an adult, if I told someone I respected and valued their opinion on myself that I cannot meet them for coffee at Starbucks because I already planned to 1) playing *insert favorite video game* or 2) watching the Lakers game courtside or 3) going to the movies with your friends, which option sounds like the best answer and which is the worse answer?

Because I think option 1 is the worse answer, that brings me to the point that I see video games is generally less accepted medium to spend your time. And it doesn't even matter that I may enjoy playing Final Fantasy XIV with my real life friends online, but if I said to someone I can't meet you because I have already made plans to play video games, it just seems silly. :lol:

so this is all about caring what other people think? life's too short to care about how you're perceived by society, you're not going to please everyone so you might as well start with yourself.

if you're not playing video games anymore because they don't bring you the joy they used to that is fine but if you aren't playing them because society pressures are making you feel unhappy that is silly.

there are people who look down on those who are big fans of sports as well, doesn't seem like you've stopped watching those to seek the approval of others

if everyone only did what was more or less universally accepted the only things on tv would be the news, wheel of fortune and jeopardy. the only movies would be nature documentaries, the only books would be autobiographies of politicians and the only video games would be tetris and pong. the variety in culture we have now is amazing and its because those people didn't care what other people thought, they chased their own happiness and found it - however niche it is
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#4311 » by Gek » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:04 pm

EArl wrote:The island can lick my balls.... I don't know what you're talking about.

4 8 15 16 23 42
4 8 15 16 23 42
4 8 15 16 23 42
4 8 15 16 23 42
4 8 15 16 23 42
4 8 15 16 23 42
4 8 15 16 23 42
4 8 15 16 23 42
4 8 15 16 23 42
4 8 15 16 23 42
NEVER STOP!
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
Gek
RealGM

Post#4312 » by Gek » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:05 pm

Jakay wrote:Also paint.

BUT HOW WOULD WE EVER GET GREEN!?
#teamhermes
Gek
RealGM

Post#4313 » by Gek » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:05 pm

tugs wrote:
Kalidogg24 wrote:

my underwear and socks are separate, but equal
#teamhermes
Gek
RealGM

Post#4314 » by Gek » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:06 pm

tugs wrote:Image

I'd rather idolize a doctor than a victim of octopus rape.
#teamhermes
Gek
RealGM

Post#4315 » by Gek » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:07 pm

EArl wrote:i met a guy a while back who grew up in the Philippines. He told me that one day him and friends shot a stray dog with a bb gun and cooked it in the campfire and ate it.

sure... "met a guy"
#teamhermes
Gek
RealGM

Post#4316 » by Gek » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:08 pm

EArl wrote:Surprisingly I've never seen survivor.

I have never seen it either, but l2popculture bro.
#teamhermes
Gek
RealGM

Post#4317 » by Gek » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:08 pm

4 8 15 16 23 42
#teamhermes
Gek
RealGM

Post#4318 » by Gek » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:10 pm

Doesn't balut prove the egg came first before the chicken?
#teamhermes
Gek
RealGM

Post#4319 » by Gek » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:12 pm

hermes wrote:so this is all about caring what other people think? life's too short to care about how you're perceived by society, you're not going to please everyone so you might as well start with yourself.

The young olympic God is wise beyond his years
#teamhermes
hermes
RealGM

Post#4320 » by hermes » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:25 pm

Gek wrote:
tugs wrote:Image

I'd rather idolize a doctor than a victim of octopus rape.

to each their own

Return to Los Angeles Lakers