ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers made $100 million last season, tops in NBA

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

CodyB_
Pro Prospect
And1: 389

Re: Lakers made $100 million last season, tops in NBA 

Post#21 » by CodyB_ » Tue Jul 1, 2014 1:17 am

Dr Aki wrote:now, how do we leverage that cash into buying championships?

We don't.

I had this feeling last season when the writing was on the wall with Kobe. If the Lakers were serious about the next few seasons, the remainder of Kobe's career, they wouldn't have devoted the majority of our cap space too him.

The Lakers are super profitable with a 40 win team. They can make $100,000,000 from a $50m payroll. And right now they have an aging great on the roster that's going to guarantee that profitability for at least another 2 years.

I'm seriously not expecting a contending Lakers team until Kobe retires. In the mean time, I have the feeling that we'll get stuck with someone like Kevin Love or Carmelo Anthony that aren't going to bring championships either.
Don't be a jerk.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,964

Re: Lakers made $100 million last season, tops in NBA 

Post#22 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue Jul 1, 2014 1:21 am

aaron_gray wrote:What are the splits for team revenue, in terms of TV deal, merchandise, tickets and licensing? Zach Lowe mentioned that the Lakers had to pay 40 million into the revenue sharing system, so that can't be a source.

TV deal has to be the lion's share, if not all of it. All that money going into revenue sharing probably wipes out most of the other categories.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers