Looks like we have a concrete interest in him

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/484169029570281472[/tweet]
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,925

Re: Kyle Lowry thread 

Post#2 » by tugs » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:08 am

last part is the good news. expecting he'll demand around 10-12 mil.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#3 » by EArl » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:09 am

If anything getting Lowry would be good to spite the heat.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#4 » by kblo247 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:13 am

If anything Lowry makes most sense with the money left from Melo and a stretched Nash.

Lowry Kobe Melo Randle ... And a room exception C is cool with me.

I like Pau but his lack of d pisses me off and I feel it may be time to let him walk; I'd be fine with Pau and a room PG if we got Melo, but I would really rather have Lowry feeding Kobe and Melo on opposing blocks
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#5 » by Jakay » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:13 am

Raps media makes it sound like the organization is very optimistic about keeping Lowry. So basically $12 million is the bar I'd bet.
H00PDREAMS
Veteran
And1: 112

Post#6 » by H00PDREAMS » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:15 am

Dude wants to get paid. Lakers are not gonna give him the $$$ he wants. Unless he's looking long term then maybe something will magically appear from the heavens and he will sign in Los Angeles.
H00PDREAMS
Veteran

Post#7 » by H00PDREAMS » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:18 am

kblo247 wrote:If anything Lowry makes most sense with the money left from Melo and a stretched Nash.

I like Pau but his lack of d pisses me off and I feel it may be time to let him walk; I'd be fine with Pau and a room PG if we got Melo, but I would really rather have Lowry feeding Kobe and Melo on opposing blocks

Dude... Duuuude! Haven't you learned anything from this season? No legit Center no way in hades you get past San Antonio in the playoffs.

If the Warriors and or Thunder wise up things will get alot more interesting in west in 2015.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#8 » by Kilroy » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:19 am

I think he stays in Toronto (I refuse to get my hopes up after the Gortat fiasco), I mean why would he want to come to LA and play with Kobe?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#9 » by iamworthy » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:27 am

Kilroy wrote:I think he stays in Toronto (I refuse to get my hopes up after the Gortat fiasco), I mean why would he want to come to LA and play with Kobe?

Is this going to be your cop out every time the front office strike out on a free agent?
kblo247
RealGM

Post#10 » by kblo247 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:28 am

H00PDREAMS wrote:
kblo247 wrote:If anything Lowry makes most sense with the money left from Melo and a stretched Nash.

Dude... Duuuude! Haven't you learned anything from this season? No legit Center no way in hades you get past San Antonio in the playoffs.

If the Warriors and or Thunder wise up things will get alot more interesting in west in 2015.

Except Kobe's made them his bitch most the millennium. Its more like no post presence. Kobe and Melo both unlike Bron, like to and will wear your ass out on the block.

All you need is a c willing to get his hands dirty
kblo247
RealGM

Post#11 » by kblo247 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:29 am

Jakay wrote:Raps media makes it sound like the organization is very optimistic about keeping Lowry. So basically $12 million is the bar I'd bet.

They get taxed twice, TMac once talked about that. It has to beat the other teams money wise because of the fact they get taxed in america and Canada as raptors
kblo247
RealGM

Post#12 » by kblo247 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:30 am

Rockets need a trade and yeah Mchale **** him over last time
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Jakay » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:41 am

kblo247 wrote:
Jakay wrote:Raps media makes it sound like the organization is very optimistic about keeping Lowry. So basically $12 million is the bar I'd bet.

They get taxed twice, TMac once talked about that. It has to beat the other teams money wise because of the fact they get taxed in america and Canada as raptors

That's not actually true. Trust me, I have seen this line of thought a thousand times over being Canadian. So long as he is based, professionally, in a state, he is subject to that state's tax laws, but is exempt from Canadian taxes. It's really just a myth at this point being perpetuated by fans. Seems like the players have caught up with this fact already, although the long standing stigma of playing in a different country ( :roll: ) still exists. Also playing for the Raptors, that's still not a selling point.

But at the end of the day, it is as expensive to be based in California, as it is Ontario. I think there are some laws that aid in this for professional athletes. IDK, also, do not care in so far as it's not really a thing anymore.

Incidentally California is one of the most expensive places to sign, in terms of how athletes get hit with a double jock tax that many other states do not incur.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#14 » by Kilroy » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:50 am

iamworthy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:I think he stays in Toronto (I refuse to get my hopes up after the Gortat fiasco), I mean why would he want to come to LA and play with Kobe?

Is this going to be your cop out every time the front office strike out on a free agent?

Yes. It's mine and nobody else can use it.
Exodus
Banned User
And1: 571

Post#15 » by Exodus » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:53 am

Kyle highry wants the big bucks
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#16 » by Kilroy » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:58 am

They all do right now... And unfortunately it looks like they're getting it.

And there are some players that are always going to go for the biggest paycheck. Until we know if Melo or LeBron are coming, or both, we're not going to give that... So they can either wait or sign somewhere else.

If they aren't available, it was just about the money and that's not the best player for your championship locker room.

I think he'd be a fool to not wait it out and see who lands Melo or LeBron or Both before he picks a paycheck.
H00PDREAMS
Veteran

Post#17 » by H00PDREAMS » Wed Jul 2, 2014 4:00 am

kblo247 wrote:
H00PDREAMS wrote:

Except Kobe's made them his bitch most the millennium. Its more like no post presence. Kobe and Melo both unlike Bron, like to and will wear your ass out on the block.

All you need is a c willing to get his hands dirty

I said legit.. Not an Aaron Gray type! :lol:
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Jakay » Wed Jul 2, 2014 4:01 am

Well, don't forget the whole "being the star of your own team" angle too. That's big for some guys, especially if they're getting paid at the same time. I mean these guys' egos don't lend themselves to playing second fiddle as a natural mindset.

Then there's the whole "I don't like the spotlight let me get paid in obscurity" angle... not that this applies to Lowry, ahem *SESSIONS* ahem...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#19 » by Kilroy » Wed Jul 2, 2014 4:12 am

Well, yeah... But my point is... And granted, it's cliche as hell... If he really wants to play for the Lakers, he'll wait a few more days to see what happens...
He may not, but in our experience, the guys that really want to play for the Lakers make the best teammates.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Jakay » Wed Jul 2, 2014 4:23 am

Oh, couldn't agree more. Lowry said he's taking a few days anyhow.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers