Lakers win Boozer amnesty auction

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Re: Lakers win Boozer amnesty auction 

Post#281 » by iamworthy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:59 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
iamworthy wrote:I'm calling my shot, we make the playoffs next year. We will be last years Dallas team. Houston rockets fall out. Of course I'm assuming Kobe comes back planning well.
Big Game my man that's a awfully big boast about the Rockets. Care to explain that ? Now don't get me twisted Big Game, I would love to see them fall face first to the concrete but you just don't see to many 4th seeds to out altogether.

I agree with your assessment about 4 seeds usually dont fall out all together but how many 4 seeds loss 3 key pieces to the puzzle at once. I dont think Trevor Ariza makes up the difference at all. Look at their roster.

Trevor Ariza
Patrick Beverley
Isaiah Canaan
Clint Capela
Robert Covington
Troy Daniels
Francisco Garcia
Alonzo Gee
Alessandro Gentile
Jordan Hamilton
James Harden
Scotty Hopson
Dwight Howard
Nick Johnson
Terrence Jones
Donatas Motiejunas
Josh Powell

Anything there scare you? Not me. Like Kblo said, unless Harden and D12 channel their inner Kobe and Shaq I dont see it. I think they had a bad off season. If I put the lakers in the playoffs I have to take someone out from last year, I chose them.
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#282 » by Doormatt » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:04 am

eh i think its a stretch since howard/harden alone is >>> our entire roster. it would take everything going right for us and everything going wrong for them for us to knock the rockets out. more likely Phoenix or Minny knocks them out not us.
#doorgek
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#283 » by iamworthy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:38 am

Doormatt wrote:eh i think its a stretch since howard/harden alone is >>> our entire roster. it would take everything going right for us and everything going wrong for them for us to knock the rockets out. more likely Phoenix or Minny knocks them out not us.

But you do agree they got worse?
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#284 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:53 am

iamworthy wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:
iamworthy wrote:I'm calling my shot, we make the playoffs next year. We will be last years Dallas team. Houston rockets fall out. Of course I'm assuming Kobe comes back planning well.
Big Game my man that's a awfully big boast about the Rockets. Care to explain that ? Now don't get me twisted Big Game, I would love to see them fall face first to the concrete but you just don't see to many 4th seeds to out altogether.

I agree with your assessment about 4 seeds usually dont fall out all together but how many 4 seeds loss 3 key pieces to the puzzle at once. I dont think Trevor Ariza makes up the difference at all. Look at their roster.

Trevor Ariza
Patrick Beverley
Isaiah Canaan
Clint Capela
Robert Covington
Troy Daniels
Francisco Garcia
Alonzo Gee
Alessandro Gentile
Jordan Hamilton
James Harden
Scotty Hopson
Dwight Howard
Nick Johnson
Terrence Jones
Donatas Motiejunas
Josh Powell

Anything there scare you? Not me. Like Kblo said, unless Harden and D12 channel their inner Kobe and Shaq I dont see it. I think they had a bad off season. If I put the lakers in the playoffs I have to take someone out from last year, I chose them.
You know Big Game after further assessment of their roster we could be looking at that fall....maybe to 6th or 7th.

And looking at the names on that roster, you're right there isn't squat on that roster outside of D12 and Beard that's frightening. I mean who the hell is Nick Johnson,Alessandro Gentile, Robert Covington and Scotty Hopson ? Josh Powell and Trevor are the only ones with a ring or two.

But most definitely they will have a drop off.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
jl342323
General Manager
And1: 531

Post#285 » by jl342323 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:02 am

kblo247 wrote:
They will also share the benched by thibs in the fourth quarter award, since Pau is *** at defending pfs, the rim, or pnr

Bulls fans think pau is an upgrade purely because he is a 7 footer.

imo, pau looked like **** defending the pnr and on help side D. Or can i just blame that on mike brown and dantoni?

Anyways i think they both needed a change of scenery and i think they will play well on their new teams.

Good luck next season.
“He don’t care (about offense). He just cares about defense. When we come down or shoot a bad shot or whatever, he don’t really care about that. -Rose talking about Thibs
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,924

Post#286 » by tugs » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:03 am

pick and roll and pick and pop all day for Kobe and Lin. all bigs are capable offensively and crashes the glass effectively. all positions covered with veteran smarts with Nash at the point, Kobe at the wings, and Boozer with the bigs.

this is going to be a fun and competitive season fellas.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#287 » by kblo247 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:04 am

Doormatt wrote:eh i think its a stretch since howard/harden alone is >>> our entire roster. it would take everything going right for us and everything going wrong for them for us to knock the rockets out. more likely Phoenix or Minny knocks them out not us.

All it takes is an ankle sprain n, not everything going wrong, but a similar injury to what Harden had last year with his knee and ankle. He got to rest because Lin and Parsons just stepped into play making. Ariza and Beverly can't do it, and they don't have enough 3pt shooting for 1 in/4 out with Dwight either

No one had a worse summer than Houston besides Miami
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#288 » by iamworthy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:08 am

As long as we all agree they will fall off. How much is debatable. :beer:
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#289 » by Doormatt » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:15 am

iamworthy wrote:

But you do agree they got worse?

yes i think they got worse more than any other team that was in the top 9-10 in the west last season.

i agree that no one had a worse summer than the rockets except for the heat.
#doorgek
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#290 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:16 am

jl342323 wrote:
It's always a honeymoon period. I think the excitement should be geared only to his offense. Defensively Pau has struggled for the last 4 season.

jl342323 wrote:imo, pau looked like **** defending the pnr and on help side D. Or can i just blame that on mike brown and dantoni?
Brown nor D'Antoni had anything to do with his slippage on D. And forget Pau helping effectively on the help side...he's just too slow to react at 34.

jl342323 wrote:Anyways i think they both needed a change of scenery and i think they will play well on their new teams.

Good luck next season.
True change is some times best. I'm not saying Pau won't help at all, he will like I mentioned about his offense. The defensive side is where Bulls fan will get frustrated. It's just like how you guys have warned us about Boozer, but I like the move because I've seen Booz since college. Yeah he's limited in some ways but if we use his strengths we should be okay.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#291 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:53 am

Pau should do better defensively in the East and Tom as HC. So it could work for him. Overall weather or not the Bulls make the ECF purely relies on Rose . Pau and Noah won't do it without him. If Rose is healthy and can repeat his MVP run they should be 2nd Seed. Cavs vs CHI will be a decent ECF.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#292 » by kblo247 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:40 am

Ballerhogger wrote:Pau should do better defensively in the East and Tom as HC. So it could work for him. Overall weather or not the Bulls make the ECF purely relies on Rose . Pau and Noah won't do it without him. If Rose is healthy and can repeat his MVP run they should be 2nd Seed. Cavs vs CHI will be a decent ECF.

Sleep on Miami. All wade needs to do is use all his gas in a Cleveland series like he did vs Indiana. They may not win it all but you're nuts if you dent thumb Wade will literally wear his knees out to beat the cavs
kblo247
RealGM

Post#293 » by kblo247 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:41 am

jl342323 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
They will also share the benched by thibs in the fourth quarter award, since Pau is *** at defending pfs, the rim, or pnr

imo, pau looked like **** defending the pnr and on help side D. Or can i just blame that on mike brown and dantoni?

Anyways i think they both needed a change of scenery and i think they will play well on their new teams.

Good luck next season.
I wish Pau good luck but he's not a pf. Dirk shot over 60% vs him in 11, Landry made us double to protect Pau. He's struggled all these years since he lost the majority of mins at the 5
Tonyism
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#294 » by Tonyism » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:59 pm

I see Noah and Pau fighting alot.

Noah: When they come inside, knock em down
Gasol: But we need to maintain professionalism here
Noah: Get off the court
Dear Moderators, can I get my previous account (Tonyism74) activated or have those credentials carry over to this one? Ballboy is embarassing. I forgot the previous credentials.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers