ImageImageImageImageImage

What a coincidence......(super team brewing)

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

mvpmims2003
Sophomore
And1: 1

What a coincidence......(super team brewing) 

Post#1 » by mvpmims2003 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:09 am

Hello Laker family,

It's been some years since I've posted on here but I am a frequent visitor and I always enjoy reading the boards. I just wanted to get my fellow Laker fans thoughts on a discussion I've been having with friends. Now I know.....we need to get over the CP3 veto which I have.....but what a coincidence that the same guy who went crying to the commissioner about our trade is on the verge of building his own Super Team with Lebron, Love and Irving. I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed or if I am flooding the boards. I just wanted to see if my fellow Laker fans have been thinking the same thing I've been thinking.

Go Lakers!
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Re: What a coincidence......(super team brewing) 

Post#2 » by TyCobb » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:23 am

Well... they were gifted that #1 pick. Now we know why.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Tonyism
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#3 » by Tonyism » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:24 am

Im with you...CP3 effed us big time. Cant believe they let Miami and now Cleveland do this. The past 5 years have shown me that its not NBA owners and management that makes decisions; players these days get together and decide what to do.

Teams like San Antonio are far and few.
Dear Moderators, can I get my previous account (Tonyism74) activated or have those credentials carry over to this one? Ballboy is embarassing. I forgot the previous credentials.
Exodus
Banned User
And1: 571

Post#4 » by Exodus » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:28 am

I find awfully strange the Cavs winning the #1 pick 3 out of 4 years, now LeBron is back with a possible new super team
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#5 » by chefy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:33 am

Exodus wrote:I find awfully strange the Cavs winning the #1 pick 3 out of 4 years, now LeBron is back with a possible new super team

silver making stern look like an angel
Irvingism
Freshman
And1: 68

Post#6 » by Irvingism » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:35 am

No doubt the CP3 trade f'ed the Lakers up. Maybe for a decade.

The team would have been:
CP3
Kobe
Dwight

Kobe wouldn't have had to play so many minutes with CP3 and he probably wouldn't have had that crazy injury. Nash wouldn't have been signed and we'd still have 2 extra 1st round picks. The world will never know how Kobe plays with an elite PG.

And yes, screw Dan Gilbert. I like Lebron and I'm excited to see him play for the Cavs and with those teammates. But it'd be great if Dan Gilbert isn't involved in the NBA anymore.
Irvingism
Freshman

Post#7 » by Irvingism » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:38 am

chefy wrote:
Exodus wrote:I find awfully strange the Cavs winning the #1 pick 3 out of 4 years, now LeBron is back with a possible new super team

silver making stern look like an angel

That should be sarcasm from you. I'm not mad about the lottery. The NBA would never risk the integrity of the league just so help the Cavs. I'm just mad about the decision that they had control over: Stern caving to the jealous owners' demand to decline the trade.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#8 » by iamworthy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:21 am

Anybody with a brain saw Kevin Love going to the Cavs weels ago. Lebron doesnt go back to the cavs unless he knows theres a possibility of him having another stacked team. I'd be really surprised if Love doesnt end up there.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#9 » by Sofa King » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:24 am

iamworthy wrote:Anybody with a brain saw Kevin Love going to the Cavs weels ago. Lebron doesnt go back to the cavs unless he knows theres a possibility of him having another stacked team. I'd be really surprised if Love doesnt end up there.

Could the Cavs just sign Love when he becomes a free agent after this year while keeping their picks and Wiggins? That would be the best case and ultimate screw you to Minnesota and everyone else in the league.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#10 » by Penberthy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:38 am

Kyrie
Wiggins
Bron
Love
Varejao

Bench
Mike miller
Thompson
Bennett
Ray
2015 1st rd pick

Holy holy
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,112

Post#11 » by Dr Aki » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:04 am

lol, how are they getting love without wiggins?
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#12 » by laduane1 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:48 am

They offered Wiggings and last years #1 bust in the trade. Warriors could push the price up if they offer some players.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#13 » by Penberthy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:53 am

Dr Aki wrote:lol, how are they getting love without wiggins?

2015 free agent, lol
Irvingism
Freshman

Post#14 » by Irvingism » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:59 am

Penberthy wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:lol, how are they getting love without wiggins?

2015 free agent, lol

Why would Kevin Love sign for MLE?
Irvingism
Freshman

Post#15 » by Irvingism » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:00 am

Sofa King wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Anybody with a brain saw Kevin Love going to the Cavs weels ago. Lebron doesnt go back to the cavs unless he knows theres a possibility of him having another stacked team. I'd be really surprised if Love doesnt end up there.

Could the Cavs just sign Love when he becomes a free agent after this year while keeping their picks and Wiggins? That would be the best case and ultimate screw you to Minnesota and everyone else in the league.

Wow. :noway:

The Cavs had to trade away assets just to get enough cap space to sign Lebron this season. What makes you think they will have capspace next season? They also just extended Kyrie Irving to the max.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#16 » by Slava » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:41 am

Irvingism wrote:
Sofa King wrote:

Wow. :noway:

The Cavs had to trade away assets just to get enough cap space to sign Lebron this season. What makes you think they will have capspace next season? They also just extended Kyrie Irving to the max.

Only Irving & Wiggins are guaranteed for next season. They could retract QO to Thompson, Dellavadova, decline team options on Bennett and Waiters and end up with Lebron ($21 mil cap hold) + Irving ($15 mil) + Wiggins ($6 mil).

That's enough to offer Love a max contract. Cavs would be pretty stupid to trade Wiggins now.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#17 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:09 am

Cavs have everything set before them to make a run for their first ever chip. But cmon guys, this is cleveland. Theyll find a way to blow it.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#18 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:23 pm

The real conspiracy question to ask is why did the Cavs draft Bennett #1 when he wasn't on anybody's draft board at 1 ?

And y'all better believe it was a reason behind it. Even worst while winning 3 of their 4 lottery's they never had the worst record.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#19 » by hermes » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:14 pm

it doesn't sound like everyone is upset that super teams exist, but that you're upset the lakers don't have one

Return to Los Angeles Lakers