Jameer Nelson?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,445

Re: Jameer Nelson? 

Post#21 » by Slava » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:02 pm

If Farmar hadn't jumped the gun, he would have got a sweet deal as well and he'd have been a good back up PG if he could stay healthy.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#22 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Slava wrote:If Farmar hadn't jumped the gun, he would have got a sweet deal as well and he'd have been a good back up PG if he could stay healthy.

a big IF so i think we will be better without him either way.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#23 » by Asianiac_24 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:58 pm

skullz wrote:

Sessions or that Goudolock guy:) I love that guy back in the Lakers he was fun to watch at least to me.

This. One of my main complaints back during the MB days was, believe it or not, not playing Goudelock enough :lol:
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#24 » by ALL HAIL » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:06 pm

Nash is dead ... or at least he should be considered that way. Even though, technically, he's on the roster, he should be considered a ghost ... in other words, the Lakers should see their roster as currently having only two point guards.

Easily, the biggest need on this team is an additional PG (not SF or C). I really like Clarkson as the the #2 PG, but you need a third stringer who can take all of Clarkson's minutes if he struggles.

Lin, in the starting lineup, will be the second option, so he will/should be in constant attack mode offensively.

Likewise, Lin's backup, ideally, should provide an offensive punch as well. I envision Randle, Young, and the backup PG (Clarkson) as the top three scorers off the bench, providing consistent offensive spark and pushing the guys in front of them.

If Clarkson can't hold it down, the additional PG signed needs to be equally as offensively dynamic, able to, along with Young and Randle, make this bench the most offensively potent one of its' kind in the NBA.

The first name that popped in my head last week was Bobby Brown, but lee's pick of Sessions is even more solid. If you can get Sessions, you do it, but they really don't need a "name guy", who, if signed, will automatically be slotted for the #2 slot.

At worst, the additional PG signed just needs to be an offensive threat who can provide spark and push both Lin and Clarkson.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#25 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:56 am

Slava wrote:If Farmar hadn't jumped the gun, he would have got a sweet deal as well and he'd have been a good back up PG if he could stay healthy.

Man I still cant believe he rushed to that decision. Its like 2011 offseason all over again when he bolted out of town to New Jersey after the 2010 ring
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#26 » by tviper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:34 am

leeprettyp wrote:

Man I still cant believe he rushed to that decision. Its like 2011 offseason all over again when he bolted out of town to New Jersey after the 2010 ring

whatever. dude can't stay healthy. probably will be out six weeks for something or other a couple of times. glad he took the Clippers gig. and Nash is more than a ghost, he is an expiring contract that can be traded for something decent...hopefully
KobeKenobi
Senior
And1: 222

Post#27 » by KobeKenobi » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:12 am

Nelson went to the Mavs so this idea is over. Not sure what we will do if Clarkson or Lin have injury issues.
LAKEROLOGY
Sophomore
And1: 528

Post#28 » by LAKEROLOGY » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:27 am

Well the silver lining to all this is that we get to try out LAnsanity in full swing, and we give Clarkson a fair shot.

If we don't sign someone else, both will get plenty of minutes. They'd have no excuses and no place to hide.

Lets see what they got.

All that said, I would sure like to have Sessions back, as an insurance policy (and it'll allow Clarkson to settle in without all the added pressure). I'm not counting on Nash to be healthy, so if one of Lin or Clarkson gets hurt, it'll be dangerous to have only one point guard in the team. Problem is Sessions loves his cash (no shame in that, he's got himself and his people to take care of), and if he gets offered a dollar more elsewhere, that's where he'll be.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#29 » by Danny Darko » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:58 am

well it's a mute point now, so...Late to nelson.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers