ImageImageImageImageImage

Eric Bledsoe thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Re: Eric Bledsoe thread 

Post#101 » by NaturalBuns » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:39 pm

A guy with two knee surgerys in two years has no leverage to take a QO.

If he was crazy enough to take which is doubtful phx still could offer him the most money and he would be 25 (the only big contract he is ever gonna get)

Don't see a 30yr old Bledsoe being a hot topic.
He knows this, wants that 5yr 80mil offer. He's gonna have to settle
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

A's over Royals. Lester and experience will prove that he's worth the trade.

Tigers winning it all. Tigers are, imo, peaking at the right time.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#102 » by LApwnd » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:39 pm

NaturalBuns wrote:A guy with two knee surgerys in two years has no leverage to take a QO.

If he was crazy enough to take which is doubtful phx still could offer him the most money and he would be 25 (the only big contract he is ever gonna get)

Don't see a 30yr old Bledsoe being a hot topic.
He knows this, wants that 5yr 80mil offer. He's gonna have to settle

I dont see his agent settling, they are all greedy and per your stated facts, why would he settle knowing potential of his knee giving out by 30? This could very likely be his 1st and last big contract.
KobeKenobi
Senior
And1: 222

Post#103 » by KobeKenobi » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:58 am

NaturalBuns wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:What about..

Nash, Randle for Bledsoe, Markeif Morris. Morris is going into his 4th season & is probably going to give you more than Randle is ready to right away. Bledsoe & Lin both have some combo guard skills. Kelly & a 24 year old Morris is still good potential to develop at PF.. As much as I want to see how good Randle can be I think Bledsoe is a guaranteed very good asset & instantly becomes the 2nd best player on our team. Lin-Bledsoe-Kobe-Boozer-Hill with Young/Morris/X/Davis off the bench is a playoff team imo. More balanced than our current team..

No.
It's pretty obvious what the deal would be
Nash, randle for Bledsoe.

Suns do not have to add anything especially good players.

The most the Lakers would trade Bledsoe for is Nash, Clarkson, and the 1st round pick. Even then i think the Lakers are on the losing side of the deal. That 1st round pick could wind up being the next kobe/mj player. Never underestimate and undervalue the 1st round pick.
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant

Post#104 » by NaturalBuns » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:37 am

KobeKenobi wrote:
NaturalBuns wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:What about..

Nash, Randle for Bledsoe, Markeif Morris. Morris is going into his 4th season & is probably going to give you more than Randle is ready to right away. Bledsoe & Lin both have some combo guard skills. Kelly & a 24 year old Morris is still good potential to develop at PF.. As much as I want to see how good Randle can be I think Bledsoe is a guaranteed very good asset & instantly becomes the 2nd best player on our team. Lin-Bledsoe-Kobe-Boozer-Hill with Young/Morris/X/Davis off the bench is a playoff team imo. More balanced than our current team..

No.

The most the Lakers would trade Bledsoe for is Nash, Clarkson, and the 1st round pick. Even then i think the Lakers are on the losing side of the deal. That 1st round pick could wind up being the next kobe/mj player. Never underestimate and undervalue the 1st round pick.

2016 first?
Don't think so.

I think lakers are commited to being a bottom barrel team for one more year some big FAs in 2015
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,667

Post#105 » by Pointgod » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:01 pm

MKL wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
MKL wrote:
Bledsoe said he wants 16 mil a year for 5 years from Phoenix (80mil/5y)

14 mil is not enough.

What Bledsoe and his agent are asking for and what he'll accept are two completely different things. No more teams have any caproom besides Philadelphia and it seems they're committed to staying horrible. If Bledsoe was serious about the 80 million over 5 years then he'd take the qualifying offer and call it a day. He wants security, but he doesn't want the security but he doesn't want to be locked into a 48 million dollars over for years. I would have called the Sun's bluff and offered him something with a player option in 2016.

I would have done what the Lakers did, and that is not put up with demands from stupid agents and players. Obviously, Bledsoe and his agents are playing mind games. Just stay away from that drama, you already have Kobe, Pau and Nash drama. You also had Dwightmare from the year before. No point in sticking you nose in more crazy like Bledsoe and his agent.

You can always get him next year if he becomes a UFA. As of right now Lakers can only get him in a S&T, and you can always trade for him down the line. I doubt his value will be all that much different next season.

Bledsoe and his agent are doing what agents do negotiate. You don't go into a negotiation offering a low number. I bet he would have accepted a 4 year 60 million dollar offer with a player option in 2016. Phoenix is full of it. Drafting a pg and signing Isiah Thomas are not the moves of a team that's serious about matching. yes we could just make him an offer next year but there's no guarantees he'll be available. I bet he goes to a team in a sign and trade similar to the Stephenson deal
MKL
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#106 » by MKL » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Bledsoe and his agent are doing what agents do negotiate. You don't go into a negotiation offering a low number. I bet he would have accepted a 4 year 60 million dollar offer with a player option in 2016. Phoenix is full of it. Drafting a pg and signing Isiah Thomas are not the moves of a team that's serious about matching. yes we could just make him an offer next year but there's no guarantees he'll be available. I bet he goes to a team in a sign and trade similar to the Stephenson deal

Why would Phoenix agree to 4/60 S&T? Lakers doesn't have cap to offer this. Again, Bledsoe said he wanted 5/80 from the Phoenix.

Lance signed a 3 year 27 mil contract and he was a unrestricted FA.
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#107 » by tviper » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:09 pm

MKL wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

Why would Phoenix agree to 4/60 S&T? Lakers doesn't have cap to offer this. Again, Bledsoe said he wanted 5/80 from the Phoenix.

Lakers don't need cap just matching contracts per CBA. In such a case, i.e., 15M for Bledsoe in year 1, Lakers would need to send out 10M+ in contracts. Nash+Sacre+HOU 2015 1st works. PHO would presumably agree to such a deal for the pick and to not have to pay two PGs big money. They would make the determination that they will give a big contract to Dragic only at the PG position. Of course, I personally don't see either PHO doing this or LAL willing to pay 15M per to Bledsoe, but that is the reasoning.
MKL
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#108 » by MKL » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:22 pm

tviper wrote:
MKL wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

Lakers don't need cap just matching contracts per CBA. In such a case, i.e., 15M for Bledsoe in year 1, Lakers would need to send out 10M+ in contracts. Nash+Sacre+HOU 2015 1st works. PHO would presumably agree to such a deal for the pick and to not have to pay two PGs big money. They would make the determination that they will give a big contract to Dragic only at the PG position. Of course, I personally don't see either PHO doing this or LAL willing to pay 15M per to Bledsoe, but that is the reasoning.

Why would Phoenix help Lakers to S&T? Lakers would need cap to pressure them in the form of an offer sheet that Suns are not willing to match. Again, if the offer is low, Suns would just match and it's a big waste of time for Lakers. Suns already offered 12 mil a year.

All this Bledsoe to Lakers talk is derived from "I don't care about the details" talk from S.A. Smith and Jalen Rose.

And finally, Bledsoe's value is still based on his potential. Is Bledsoe the franchise player that he seems himself as?
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
tviper
Sixth Man

Post#109 » by tviper » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:13 pm

MKL wrote:
tviper wrote:
MKL wrote:

Why would Phoenix help Lakers to S&T? Lakers would need cap to pressure them in the form of an offer sheet that Suns are not willing to match. Again, if the offer is low, Suns would just match and it's a big waste of time for Lakers. Suns already offered 12 mil a year.

All this Bledsoe to Lakers talk is derived from "I don't care about the details" talk from S.A. Smith and Jalen Rose.

And finally, Bledsoe's value is still based on his potential. Is Bledsoe the franchise player that he seems himself as?

LAL does not need cap room. I explained as follows: "PHO would presumably agree to such a deal for the pick and to not have to pay two PGs big money. They would make the determination that they will give a big contract to Dragic only at the PG position."

I then followed with: "Of course, I personally don't see either PHO doing this or LAL willing to pay 15M per to Bledsoe, but that is the reasoning."
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#110 » by LApwnd » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:39 pm

NaturalBuns wrote:
KobeKenobi wrote:
NaturalBuns wrote:

No.

2016 first?
Don't think so.

I think lakers are commited to being a bottom barrel team for one more year some big FAs in 2015

all these acquistion doesn't suggest we're "bottom barrel" while you're biggest FA acquisition is another PG :lol:
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,667

Post#111 » by Pointgod » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:12 pm

MKL wrote:
tviper wrote:
MKL wrote:

Oh there's no way he'll be signed and traded to LA. My point is that we could have gone after Bledsoe with our capspace if we really wanted him. Like I said another team will probably get him in a sign and trade and expect Phoenix to get back a not so great return. I'm just talking about him in terms of missed opportunity
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#112 » by Marionettetc » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:16 pm

I don't have much to say about eric, but if there was a thread about drew bledsoe, I'd be down
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,267

Post#113 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:32 pm

why is this thread still open?

i mean seriously there's absolutely no hope of seeing bledsoe in purple and gold
tviper
Sixth Man

Post#114 » by tviper » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:45 am

Dr Aki wrote:why is this thread still open?

i mean seriously there's absolutely no hope of seeing bledsoe in purple and gold

Because until he is signed, there will be stories about how bad things are between the sides and it will give irrational hope to teams that need an infusion of talent, such as the Lakers.
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant

Post#115 » by NaturalBuns » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:58 am

LApwnd wrote:
NaturalBuns wrote:
KobeKenobi wrote:

2016 first?
Don't think so.

all these acquistion doesn't suggest we're "bottom barrel" while you're biggest FA acquisition is another PG :lol:

Are you suggesting lakers will have 45-50 wins?

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#116 » by Kilroy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:02 am

I generally figure a thread has outlived it's usefulness win Suns fans tell us our expectations for the team are unrealistic...

Suns fans...

Beyond that, I'm pretty sure the Bledsoe boat left LA weeks ago... But if there's ever another credible rumor of a potential deal appears, I'll reopen it.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers