ImageImageImageImageImage

LA Lakers introduce Jeremy Lin

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

LA Lakers introduce Jeremy Lin 

Post#1 » by NOODLESTYLE » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:53 am

Born in Torrance, CA and his father's favorite player is Kareem Adbul-Jabbar.

On ESPNLA, he reiterated that he's been working on adding a floater to his game, while continuing to improve on previous goals: 3point shot, left-hand, and defense.

Spoiler:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNLA710/status/492456832456474625[/tweet]

He wants to model his game after Steve Nash (excited to be teammates and wants to learn a lot from him).

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmSt6QrSFDg[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3wFZBaS1oA[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGjjhjVfaxU[/youtube]
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Re: LA Lakers introduce Jeremy Lin 

Post#2 » by inquisitive » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:08 am

Great guy! I wish him well!
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,332

Post#3 » by Ckay » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:22 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mcten/status/492375086574227456[/tweet]
Indy2LA
Junior
And1: 271

Post#4 » by Indy2LA » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:51 am

Gotta have a smart player running the floor! And I think you'd be hard pressed to find a smarter PG than Jeremy in the NBA. Love the trade / signing. Lol Morey.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#5 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:42 am

NOODLESTYLE wrote:On ESPNLA, he reiterated that he's been working on adding a floater to his game, while continuing to improve on previous goals: 3point shot, left-hand, and defense.

I hope he watches all the videos of his turnovers; cutting turnovers should be one of his primary goals.

He wants to model his game after Steve Nash (excited to be teammates and wants to learn a lot from him).

Good idea, not AI, Manu, Jarrett Jack, Jamal Crawford or Nate Robinson.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Exodus
Banned User
And1: 571

Post#6 » by Exodus » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:50 am

I think Nash will help Lin a lot . Lin is a smart guy and looking to improve his game. Nash knows all the tricks in the book. I think Lin will maximize his abilities skill wise with Nash as a mentor.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#7 » by Sofa King » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:55 am

Glad he's a Laker
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#8 » by Danny Darko » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:18 am

Yeah I dug all the interviews and he's way low on sleep.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#9 » by Mirjalovic » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:42 am

He'll be fantastic for us.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#10 » by Dr Aki » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:15 am

should've been a laker 4 years ago
minifang
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#11 » by minifang » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:26 am

Depending on his year, I would love to resign him for a good price!
The Purple and Gold
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#12 » by Dr Aki » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:28 am

minifang wrote:Depending on his year, I would love to resign him for a good price!

jeremy lin and the lakers form the money making king of marketing voltrons

if his play warrants a longer contract, then obviously yes re-sign him

but if not, i'd do it anyway, especially if paying kobe 48.5 mil to essentially do the same thing is apparently company policy
kinein
Rookie
And1: 119

Post#13 » by kinein » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:17 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
NOODLESTYLE wrote:On ESPNLA, he reiterated that he's been working on adding a floater to his game, while continuing to improve on previous goals: 3point shot, left-hand, and defense.

I hope he watches all the videos of his turnovers; cutting turnovers should be one of his primary goals.

Robert Horry brought up the fact that Magic had a lot of turnovers and that stressing that detail wasn't important. Because in Lin's case he is trying to get the ball to his teammates just like Magic.

If you review stats for TOs and the best PGs in the game I think it allows for a better perspective.

Your going to have turnovers - its part of the game.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#14 » by Kabookalu » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:21 am

Steve Nash: "I'm the Canadian Jeremy Lin."

Nash will finally be able to play with one of his idols.
Read on Twitter
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#15 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:24 am

kinein wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:

Robert Horry brought up the fact that Magic had a lot of turnovers and that stressing that detail wasn't important. Because in Lin's case he is trying to get the ball to his teammates just like Magic.

If you review stats for TOs and the best PGs in the game I think it allows for a better perspective.

Your going to have turnovers - its part of the game.

You're dam right, agreed; or just look at Stockton and Kidd. However, his situation and Magic's are very different and he can't afford to commit so many turnovers at this stage of his career. At the moment, he's considered by many a role player and a superstar can commit more turnovers in this league. In addition, one must admit that unnecessarily TOs is one of his most glaring weaknesses and would benefit him and his team in a major way if addressed.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MKL
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#16 » by MKL » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:47 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WMpHNn5Srk[/youtube]
I believe that Lin is going to be fine. His advanced stats and per 36 are good. He tries for more "homerun" assists than the average PG, many of them lead to dunks and layups. He actually got Asik to average over 10 ppg for the season (2012), think about that. That style will lead to more TO than average, on top of the regular errors on reads. Hopefully, Nash will help Lin along with improving his passing game.

If you look at Lin's offense/scoring, he shoots 36% from 3pt and 40% in "catch and shoot". He is also elite at the rim and drawing fouls on drives.

Even at the chance that everything does go wrong (unlikely), Lin will be a free agent at the end of the season.
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
mcwu11
Sophomore
And1: 113

Post#17 » by mcwu11 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:08 pm

I had become more and more of a Laker fan since the signing of Ed Davis (since I'm a Raptor fan and loved Speshal Ed), but this Jeremy Lin trade solidifies my new found interest in the Lakers.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#18 » by Kilroy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:33 pm

Danny Darko wrote:Yeah I dug all the interviews and he's way low on sleep.

I wasn't sure if it was that or he was just meh about being a Laker... I'll reserve judgement.

Since we're rebuilding right now, we really need guys that are stoked to be Lakers... My concern with Lin is that he's got so much support from the Asian Community, he doesn't feel the same pressure as other players... I mean he feels pressure BECAUSE of the support he gets from the Asian community, but he knows that they'll follow him wherever he goes, so it can be more about him that how his team does like other players...
Gotta say, that press conference had the warning lights flashing a little bit for me...

I'll wait and see how he adapts though.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
KennyInLA
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#19 » by KennyInLA » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:47 pm

I definitely hope it works out with Jeremy Lin improving his game enough that the Lakers sign him long term. I know this year's team may not compete for a whole lot, but will definitely enjoy watching this team play with their hearts on their sleeves.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#20 » by The Laker Kid » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:01 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:Yeah I dug all the interviews and he's way low on sleep.

I wasn't sure if it was that or he was just meh about being a Laker... I'll reserve judgement.

Since we're rebuilding right now, we really need guys that are stoked to be Lakers... My concern with Lin is that he's got so much support from the Asian Community, he doesn't feel the same pressure as other players... I mean he feels pressure BECAUSE of the support he gets from the Asian community, but he knows that they'll follow him wherever he goes, so it can be more about him that how his team does like other players...
Gotta say, that press conference had the warning lights flashing a little bit for me...

I'll wait and see how he adapts though.

I'm sure he had plenty of time to be "stoked" at home :D
I guess the reality of being a Laker had sunk in, and now he realizes it's time to work.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....

Return to Los Angeles Lakers