Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Re: Questions on the Small Forward Position 

Post#61 » by crazyeights » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:36 pm

Mamba Venom wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Wes is by far the weakest staring three of the millennium we've had. Rice, Fox, George, Luke, Vlad, Ariza, and MWP were more consistent. If Wes kept his head in the game, I'd like him to start. If he can't, I'd go big with Randle or Kelly having a shot to start at 3/4. X to me is. Lins backup, Scott was the guy in TWC saying play him at pg when Nash and Blake went down for heaven sake. Besides Lin and. Kobe are eating the most wing minutes anyhow.

W/ ticket prices high as they are we deserve a better starting 3. I can't believe the Lakers didn't gamble on Beasley for the min. He did good with the Suns. LO was a stoner 2. A 2 time champion 6th man of the year stoner.

They can't pay anybody more than they're paying Wes....

And comparing LO to Beasley because they smoke pot is insulting. Lamar was actually a great player. He was a great rebounder, playmaker, a steady defender and walking matchup problem. His only shortcoming was he wasn't aggressive enough to be a championship level 2nd option...but as a 3rd option he was perfect.

Whereas with Beasley people point to his scoring as his asset...he actually had a NEGATIVE 2.5 win share on offense his season in Phoenix.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#62 » by LApwnd » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:01 pm

we got our saviour Ellington :)
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#63 » by milesfides » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:06 am

Wes Johnson is the ideal small forward for us right now, he just needs structure, which he'll get plenty of, with Byron Scott and Kobe.

Unselfish floor spacer who runs the floor and plays defense and makes nothing?

Ideal. Should lock him up to a long term cheap deal ASAP
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#64 » by Jajwanda » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:03 am

I like having Johnson at the 3 especially if he's focused working alongside Kobe. I like the idea of eventually moving Ed Davis and Clarkson into the starting lineup alongside Boozer and Kobe. That gives you the best possible defenders around Kobe and Boozer who will probably work the two man game, with Clarkson giving you a dribble drive threat and post-up threat against PGs.

Then you simply overwhelm other teams with the bench.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers