ImageImageImageImageImage

Throwback - Kobe Bryant vs Jeremy Lin

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

TooHood
Senior
And1: 818

Throwback - Kobe Bryant vs Jeremy Lin 

Post#1 » by TooHood » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:42 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrvWTENsXrU&list=UUD0eRt3nn7w38S_7OBqro7w[/youtube]
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Re: Throwback - Kobe Bryant vs Jeremy Lin 

Post#2 » by leeprettyp » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:01 am

Since we're bringing up old games.. throwback Kobe vs. Raptors :wink: :wink:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyAhap7huXI[/youtube]
TooHood
Senior
And1: 818

Post#3 » by TooHood » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:21 am

leeprettyp wrote:Since we're bringing up old games.. throwback Kobe vs. Raptors :wink: :wink:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyAhap7huXI[/youtube]

Lol theirs like 10 videos of Kobe doing the raptors dirty but I'm good with it. (He's my fav player )

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:52 am

:nod:

Absolutely astounding what had happened. Definitely one of those rare "is this real life?" moments.

I'd imagine Lin has got Kobe's respect, at least more than whatever Smush Parker had.

Stupid McHale, instead of letting something so beautiful and exciting happen more often, he chose to jack up his own ego. :nonono:
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#5 » by leeprettyp » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:14 pm

If Linn can recapture any of that magic and confidence he had back then, we'll be a pretty solid team this season. Hope Nash and Kobe can get that dog out of him again because the ball will be in his hands to make plays primarily.
MikeXL
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#6 » by MikeXL » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:55 pm

The Rockets intentionally sabotaged Lin by playing him off the ball and by murking his pick and roll usage.

He's still capable of those kinds of performances.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#7 » by milesfides » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:35 pm

It's not stupid McHale...don't you think there was tremendous pressure for him to put the ball in Harden's hands as well as set up Dwight in the post?

And Morey didn't know he would be able to land Harden or Dwight. He got Lin first, and considering they got rid of Dragic and Lowry, you could imagine how high they were on Jeremy Lin.

Personnel and opportunity matters, so what was bad for him in Houston, will be good for him in L.A. He's going to get plenty of minutes, he'll start, and he'll quarterback a lot of the offense. There's no Dwight in the post he has to feed, and Kobe has been a lot more accommodating to his point guards than he gets credit for - also he's coming off a major injury, getting older, and his role won't overlap with Lin's like Harden's did; Kobe's not going to shoot walk-up threes or attack the rim from the top of the key.

Anyways, this was probably the night that I became a believer. In enemy territory, full of rabid Knicks fans, repping purple and gold in some stupid douchebag midtown bar.

It was just undeniable. The kid, he's got so much moxie, he's got just serious balls. He's absolutely fearless. I had to respect that.

After all the stories written about him, the way he's responded to adversity his entire life, and yet have that nastiness to want to just murder people on the court. That's just special.

He's a killer.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's that guy that takes the next step and carries the mantle in purple and gold.

He's not going to average 30, but he's going to take big shots and elevate his teammates and capture our imagination. It's going to be a joy to watch, too bad Jerry Buss isn't around to see some of that magic back.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:01 pm

milesfides wrote:It's not stupid McHale...

Well, I assume you're responding to my post?

don't you think there was tremendous pressure for him to put the ball in Harden's hands as well as set up Dwight in the post?

Sure, but doesn't mean it's good for the team. If he succumbs to this kinda pressure disregarding team wins it's quite stupid. And wasn't there quite a bit of pressure to play Lin more anyways?
And Morey didn't know he would be able to land Harden or Dwight. He got Lin first, and considering they got rid of Dragic and Lowry, you could imagine how high they were on Jeremy Lin.

The whole team had problems, with each other and with McHale, that's why they got rid of everybody except for Parsons. Lowry had a mutiny while Dragic wanted to go back to the Suns, wanted to start and wanted to have a player option, something Morey didn't like to give in favor of cap flexibility.

I'm not sure Morey and McHale was that high on Lin, it was their boss who scolded them for waiving him the first time and insisted on getting him back. As the first opportunity arise, they wanted to show that they were right and Les was wrong. Stupid ego. Of course, it's just speculation tho, and (there's always a chance that it's influenced by bigotry, but who knows? Well, at least a great deal of their fans are sure have that problem and fans could influence the decisions of the organization? Indirect?) One could only hope they are shown to be dead wrong again, to be scolded by their boss another time and be embarrassed once more.

Nice post anyways.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#9 » by Kilroy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 pm

Is there a rule that says you have to start 5 guys? I think Lin could start at the 1 and the 2.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#10 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:50 pm

Kilroy wrote:Is there a rule that says you have to start 5 guys? I think Lin could start at the 1 and the 2.

Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#11 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:37 am

Hey, I was just joking, no one finds it funny?
Thanks for the honesty.
JJ From Deep
Sixth Man
And1: 2,090

Post#12 » by JJ From Deep » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:29 am

That Linsanity stretch was a pretty magical time in basketball
KobeKenobi
Senior
And1: 222

Post#13 » by KobeKenobi » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:46 pm

Lin will make a lot of guys better. Looking forward to see randle and Lin work together.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers