A Kobe Bryant Replacement Proposal: Zach LaVine

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,441

Re: A Kobe Bryant Replacement Proposal: Zach LaVine 

Post#81 » by Slava » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Timberwolves might actually jump at the prospect of Randle. They were desperately looking for a PF ever since the Love trade materialized and they'd rather spend development time on Randle than trying to fit in an older Thad Young in there.

Personally I'd do the deal suggested earlier on in the thread Randle for Lavine + Dieng. Dieng is a very valuable commodity and sooner or later he will shine through once the Wolves move Pekovic.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#82 » by crazyeights » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Sure, if they want to give us an asset like Dieng, then sure I'd pull the trigger. But that's not what's being discussed, nor do I see Minnesota's motivation to do so.

Why give up 2 assets with a lot of potential to be a 10th seed?

Wiggins is going to need a few seasons under his belt to start becoming anything remotely close to an elite player, as will Randle. Why would you spend money on Rubio and Pekovic when you can spend less and have the greater potential with Dieng and LaVine?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,441

Post#83 » by Slava » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:59 pm

Rubio is still very young. Pekovic and Young are not but looking at how they value Pekovic I don't think they even realize what they have with Dieng. Happens sometimes, the king of statistical evaluation, Morey gave up on Hill without even giving him a fair shake.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

A Kobe Bryant Replacement Proposal: Zach LaVine 

Post#84 » by Mirjalovic » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:11 pm

Randle. He can finish through contact, despite prone to get blocked. Through experience and training he will get cleaner look on his shots, learn to use right hand, learn to passing instead shooting over 5 players (remind you to someone ?) and become a better player.

If he can play okay defense, its doesnt matter how many shots he block, i mean, bruce bowen didnt get a lot steals.

People act like Randle is a finished product, because he was so good at the college (and didnt realized he was only a freshman) and dont have eye popping vertical jump.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,813

Post#85 » by TyCobb » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:57 pm

Read more, learn more, change your posts.
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#86 » by MinneOOPalis » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:46 pm

Not gonna lie. I thought the Lakers dropped the ball on not picking LaVine. He is exactly what you needed.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,227

Post#87 » by EArl » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Nice try with that second account miles.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#88 » by crazyeights » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:01 pm

TyCobb wrote:http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5691899?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

A little more than just talk.

:lol: I love the production value of that sportscast. The music reminded me of playing SNES.
NBA Fiend
Senior
And1: 212

Post#89 » by NBA Fiend » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:41 pm

The missing teenage mutant ninja turtle would love to play for your Los Angeles Lakere here he is, I couldn't load the pic so scroll down and see if you can gaze at the pic without a slight chuckle.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1339803&start=700
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#90 » by Kilroy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Read a few pages of that thread and saw nothing about him loving to play for the Lakers...

Also, reading so many posts from horrible Suns posters made me feel unclean... I won't forget.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TaylorTag
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#91 » by TaylorTag » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Slava wrote:Timberwolves might actually jump at the prospect of Randle. They were desperately looking for a PF ever since the Love trade materialized and they'd rather spend development time on Randle than trying to fit in an older Thad Young in there.

Personally I'd do the deal suggested earlier on in the thread Randle for Lavine + Dieng. Dieng is a very valuable commodity and sooner or later he will shine through once the Wolves move Pekovic.

Timberwolves would never do this. Contrary to what you are suggesting, Flip Saunders really values Dieng. Everyone in Minneapolis loves him. He's part of the Wolves' core.

I could see a Thaddeus Young/LaVine trade for Randle. I'd probably do it if I was MN's GM
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#92 » by Takingbaconback » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:32 am

Too late, LaVine already showed off his functional athleticism and a very smooth stroke in SL. Wolves getting Wiggins is actually terrible news because Flip is going to want to build around Rubio/LaVine/Wiggins.

Flip wouldn't even do Randle for LaVine straight up let alone Dieng. Lakers have no assets to acquire LaVine and only piece that is worth trading Dieng for is Randle which is obviously not fair for Lakers.
Tonyism74
Starter
And1: 17

Post#93 » by Tonyism74 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Ultimately...I think the best prospect, all things considered, is Zach LaVine.
Of what I've seen, he's the most athletic player in the league. Period.
Might Be the Greatest Dunker ever

Man, are you serious? Just because someone can jump high doesent make them the most athletic. Greatest dunker ever?
Yes, im posting all over again!
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#94 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:14 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:Too late, LaVine already showed off his functional athleticism and a very smooth stroke in SL.

ugh he showed all that at UCLA. He's very inconsistent with his shot (he had a string of good games with it to start the year before it completely disappeared), is a head case, and a low bball IQ player. The guy doesn't even understand his own strength, he wanted to be a PG without any real PG skills.

Either way, I wouldn't build around Rubio, definitely not at the price he's going to get anyway. I'd say you find a way to trade him for something and build around Wiggins. Maybe Lavine works out, maybe he doesn't but he's far from a sure thing.
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#95 » by Doormatt » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:18 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:Too late, LaVine already showed off his functional athleticism and a very smooth stroke in SL. Wolves getting Wiggins is actually terrible news because Flip is going to want to build around Rubio/LaVine/Wiggins.

Flip wouldn't even do Randle for LaVine straight up let alone Dieng. Lakers have no assets to acquire LaVine and only piece that is worth trading Dieng for is Randle which is obviously not fair for Lakers.

**** you are absolutely delusional if you think the wolves wouldnt trade lavine for randle straight up.
#doorgek
Takingbaconback
Head Coach

Post#96 » by Takingbaconback » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:34 am

Doormatt wrote:
Takingbaconback wrote:Too late, LaVine already showed off his functional athleticism and a very smooth stroke in SL. Wolves getting Wiggins is actually terrible news because Flip is going to want to build around Rubio/LaVine/Wiggins.

**** you are absolutely delusional if you think the wolves wouldnt trade lavine for randle straight up.

Rofl wtf you are delusional if you think wolves would make the trade after the sensational performance at SL. Flip also drools all over this guy every time he is mentioned. Check the wolves sources, Flip isn't going to trade LaVine. The ceiling is way too high for the wolves to trade this guy for Randle. Only guys in the NBA with his athleticism and fluidity is Westbrook and DRose.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKOZksZcZ_Y[/youtube]
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#97 » by TyCobb » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:38 am

Summer League.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach

Post#98 » by Takingbaconback » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:42 am

TyCobb wrote:Summer League.

Not really about SL, it was the way he played basketball. He didn't pour in 30 points a game or something, but when you watch him play, he's got a lot of top tier tools. Very good ball handling, very high elevation on his shot, great smooth shooting stroke, very quick at pulling up on jump shot, long, fluid like water, obviously the hops, great lateral quickness on defense.

Giannis got picked 13th just last season and he's basically untradeable. Draft position doesn't mean anything, it's all about skillset, talent, production, and potential.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#99 » by TyCobb » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:45 am

Takingbaconback wrote:

Not really about SL, it was the way he played basketball. He didn't pour in 30 points a game or something, but when you watch him play, he's got a lot of top tier tools.

Definitely, I'm a fan of his too, just not buying this whole Summer League performance vaulting him into untouchable/elite prospect status.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,227

Post#100 » by EArl » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:45 am

Takingbaconback wrote:

Not really about SL, it was the way he played basketball. He didn't pour in 30 points a game or something, but when you watch him play, he's got a lot of top tier tools.

Oh boy. I hope you don't get your hopes up too much.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;

Return to Los Angeles Lakers