ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers pushed out the playoffs by Wolves trade

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

goldrodd
Banned User
And1: 1

Lakers pushed out the playoffs by Wolves trade 

Post#1 » by goldrodd » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:49 pm

There goes the 8th and final playoff spot. Wake up Mitch, Rubio to Wiggins with Young and Bennett wrecking the paint trumps what we have. I also see the Pelicans with Anthony Davis, Tyreke Evans and Eric Gordan making the playoffs. So where does that leave the Lakers as constructed. #1 San Antonio #2 OKC #3 Clippers #4 Golden State #5. Houston #6 Dallas #7 New Orleans # 8 Wolves. All i can say is get Bledsoe.
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Re: Lakers pushed out the playoffs by Wolves trade 

Post#2 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:54 pm

You forgot about the Blazers. And the Mavs are not that good, they have a bunch of mid-starter talent but really no one that stands out. I can see the Lakers making the 8th seed if Kobe stays healthy and Randle has a beast rookie season.

And not sure why you're building up the Wolves so much. Until Rubio can shoot 40% from the field, that team will always struggle to win late in games, especially now with their best player gone.
goldrodd
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#3 » by goldrodd » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:00 pm

Tiesto_Lakers wrote:You forgot about the Blazers. And the Mavs are not that good, they have a bunch of mid-starter talent but really no one that stands out. I can see the Lakers making the 8th seed if Kobe stays healthy and Randle has a beast rookie season.

Yeah you got a good point but the last time Dirk and Tyson was together they won it. The Blazers caught fire last season i think Lamarcus Aldridge and Lillard won't be enough this time. Watch out for the Pelicans. Anthony Davis may be the MVP.
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#4 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:05 pm

goldrodd wrote:
Tiesto_Lakers wrote:You forgot about the Blazers. And the Mavs are not that good, they have a bunch of mid-starter talent but really no one that stands out. I can see the Lakers making the 8th seed if Kobe stays healthy and Randle has a beast rookie season.

Yeah you got a good point but the last time Dirk and Tyson was together they won it. The Blazers caught fire last season i think Lamarcus Aldridge and Lillard won't be enough this time. Watch out for the Pelicans. Anthony Davis may be the MVP.

New Orleans could be a top 5 team if everyone stays healthy...not many teams will be able to score in the paint with Davis and Asik defending.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#5 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:13 pm

goldrodd wrote:There goes the 8th and final playoff spot. Wake up Mitch, Rubio to Wiggins with Young and Bennett wrecking the paint trumps what we have. I also see the Pelicans with Anthony Davis, Tyreke Evans and Eric Gordan making the playoffs. So where does that leave the Lakers as constructed. #1 San Antonio #2 OKC #3 Clippers #4 Golden State #5. Houston #6 Dallas #7 New Orleans # 8 Wolves. All i can say is get Bledsoe.
You gotta be about the most pessimistic poster here when it comes to thinking out things. The Wolves trade has ZERO EFFECT on the Lakers at all and I think I've seen way more ball than you to make that proclamation.

Dude you're here clamoring over a bunch of unproven players that haven't even won one NBA game on their own merits. All the Wolves are now is another young team with no identity and no structure. The only thing they're looking it is the future, but my bet is on maybe 2 of those guys being in a Wolves uniform 5-6 years from now.

The Lakers have a team full of guys that will compete and lot's of them are hungry as this may be the last shot for some of them to not be cast as journey men for the rest of their careers. Most of them are look to finally stick with one team and be impact players and they can be if they keep working at it hard enough.

You having the Wolves 8th is a total joke, hell they were only a 13 games better than the Lakers and they had Love the whole season while the Lakers had virtually no one of Love's caliber all season. So you just flagrantly move the Wolves past a Suns team that was better than them too. Post like yours is idiotic and you don't have clairvoyant reasoning on why you make such a claim other than having a damn knee jerk reaction to a trade that effectively have the Wolves on a treadmill and going no damn where.

Quit with the damn Bledsoe mantra, if teams thought he was really worth pursuing don't you realize by now that teams would've knock down the Suns doors trying to get him ?

What part of 2 knee surgeries on a 24 year old dude early in his career you don't get ?

Dude learn the business side of the game, learn how restricted free agency works and then come back and post something that makes sense.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
ballaholick
Rookie
And1: 93

Post#6 » by ballaholick » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:13 pm

You forgot about Phoenix and Denver too, but Minni aint making the playoffs trust me
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#7 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:18 pm

goldrodd wrote:There goes the 8th and final playoff spot. Wake up Mitch, Rubio to Wiggins with Young and Bennett wrecking the paint trumps what we have. I also see the Pelicans with Anthony Davis, Tyreke Evans and Eric Gordan making the playoffs. So where does that leave the Lakers as constructed. #1 San Antonio #2 OKC #3 Clippers #4 Golden State #5. Houston #6 Dallas #7 New Orleans # 8 Wolves. All i can say is get Bledsoe.

:lol: you really expecting a playoff run this year?
Forum permissions