ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers Workout Beasley...UPDATE: signed by Grizz

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

King Randle
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Lakers Give Michael Beasley a 2nd Workout 

Post#61 » by King Randle » Thu Sep 4, 2014 3:18 am

I'd take a chance on him. As long as LA doesn't mortgage the future by giving him some stupid contract.
Randle: "L.A. is the perfect spot for me, I get to go play in a great city, a great franchise that expects nothing but championships, great market, great organization"
lakersin4
Starter
And1: 788

Post#62 » by lakersin4 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 5:43 am

King Randle wrote:I'd take a chance on him. As long as LA doesn't mortgage the future by giving him some stupid contract.

We can't offer anyone more than the minimum.
goldrodd
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#63 » by goldrodd » Thu Sep 4, 2014 8:10 am

tugs wrote:
goldrodd wrote:
dockingsched wrote:So Beasley replaces the lakers starting center and a Nash package brings back Bledsoe...

Jordan Hill is not a center. He is a powerforward with no outside game and no back to the basket moves. Beasley is a upgrade offensively and can play 4. Moving Hill , Nash and Wesley Johnson to Phoenix for Bledsoe will work if they (Hill and Johnson) agree to the deal. Now or in January 2015 this deal needs to happen because defense at the point leads to championships.

Let me just ask you this:

If you are Phoenix, why would you want Wes Johnson, who you had last time and did not work out? With Tucker who is clearly effective with the system they are running, Tolliver who has almost the same skills as Wes, Warren who is an up and comer, Gerald Green who had a break out season last year, why take Wes?

Why take Hill who clearly doesn't fit the stretch 4 mold that Phoenix needs and that they already have with the Morris twins? Center? You can't use that argument since it will contradict your point. also, is Dwight not a center since he doesn't have a good touch outside and back to the basket game?

Why take Nash when he clearly doesn't fill a need when you have Dragic, Thomas, and Ennis? For nostalgia?

So if this trade pushes through, you are essentially trading Bledsoe for Hill.

If you are Phoenix, would you do this trade?

Phoenix makes this trade to better balance their roster and say goodbye to one of their finest in Steve Nash. Wesley Johnson could help off the bench . Suns need to turn the negative issues with Bledsoe into some fresh talent that want to play in Phoenix. Lakers may have to throw in #1 from Houston.
XtotheDeezy
Veteran
And1: 1,790

Post#64 » by XtotheDeezy » Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:21 am

I think it's good that we at least gave him a second workout and worked him out in a number of positions, just bending him over and getting a feel of his assets and what he might be able to contribute this season. I know he isn't going to make much of a difference in the W column but he's good for a few highlight reel plays. I doubt Kobe would tolerate his antics for long though.
King Randle
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#65 » by King Randle » Thu Sep 4, 2014 1:33 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
King Randle wrote:I'd take a chance on him. As long as LA doesn't mortgage the future by giving him some stupid contract.

We can't offer anyone more than the minimum.

I meant like multiple years. I rather give him a "try out" year and go from there. I'd offer him the minimum but it would be nice if he could thrive as a small forward we have too many PF's
Randle: "L.A. is the perfect spot for me, I get to go play in a great city, a great franchise that expects nothing but championships, great market, great organization"
goldrodd
Banned User

Post#66 » by goldrodd » Thu Sep 4, 2014 2:22 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
goldrodd wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:I invite you to justify why getting rid of the starting center by bringing in a underachieving SF and a redundant PG makes us better than where we are now.

Bringing in Beasley gives us scoring from the 3 or 4. Jordan Hill is a 4 with no outside game. Bledsoe is a genius that can supercharge young legs like X, Young, Randell. It makes us better by increasing the tempo on offense and stopping the ball on defense.

I don't agree with your logic, it is flawed, but let's just say I agree with you then how would you bring in Bledsoe? and I want to see trade checker links and/or a sound logical explanation how you would trade Hill for Bledsoe who is adamant about getting a max deal and how this won't affect our future plans for the next two years.
The trade checker i.d.# 6508629 It works.I would sign Beasley and center Haseem Thabeet.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#67 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Sep 4, 2014 5:37 pm

goldrodd wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:
goldrodd wrote:Bringing in Beasley gives us scoring from the 3 or 4. Jordan Hill is a 4 with no outside game. Bledsoe is a genius that can supercharge young legs like X, Young, Randell. It makes us better by increasing the tempo on offense and stopping the ball on defense.

I don't agree with your logic, it is flawed, but let's just say I agree with you then how would you bring in Bledsoe? and I want to see trade checker links and/or a sound logical explanation how you would trade Hill for Bledsoe who is adamant about getting a max deal and how this won't affect our future plans for the next two years.
The trade checker i.d.# 6508629 It works.I would sign Beasley and center Haseem Thabeet.

give me

1. the link to trade checker not the id number
2. how will you fix the hole at center (what money to sign Thabeet after bledsoe eats up what's left))
3. why would the Suns do this trade
4. why would bledsoe want to come to the Lakers for less than what he is asking
5. make sure you use numbers (money and where it is coming from) and not just " sign this player or we should get that player"

or don't respond at all
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#68 » by LApwnd » Thu Sep 4, 2014 6:51 pm

goldrodd wrote:The trade checker i.d.# 6508629 It works.I would sign Beasley and center Haseem Thabeet.

Thabeet has no actual basketball skills whatsoever, normally when you're as tall as he is teams could find some use for him, not even the Sixers want him thats how terrible he is.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,661

Post#69 » by dockingsched » Thu Sep 4, 2014 7:42 pm

goldrodd wrote:
tugs wrote:
goldrodd wrote:Jordan Hill is not a center. He is a powerforward with no outside game and no back to the basket moves. Beasley is a upgrade offensively and can play 4. Moving Hill , Nash and Wesley Johnson to Phoenix for Bledsoe will work if they (Hill and Johnson) agree to the deal. Now or in January 2015 this deal needs to happen because defense at the point leads to championships.

Let me just ask you this:

If you are Phoenix, why would you want Wes Johnson, who you had last time and did not work out? With Tucker who is clearly effective with the system they are running, Tolliver who has almost the same skills as Wes, Warren who is an up and comer, Gerald Green who had a break out season last year, why take Wes?

Why take Hill who clearly doesn't fit the stretch 4 mold that Phoenix needs and that they already have with the Morris twins? Center? You can't use that argument since it will contradict your point. also, is Dwight not a center since he doesn't have a good touch outside and back to the basket game?

Why take Nash when he clearly doesn't fill a need when you have Dragic, Thomas, and Ennis? For nostalgia?

So if this trade pushes through, you are essentially trading Bledsoe for Hill.

If you are Phoenix, would you do this trade?

Phoenix makes this trade to better balance their roster and say goodbye to one of their finest in Steve Nash. Wesley Johnson could help off the bench . Suns need to turn the negative issues with Bledsoe into some fresh talent that want to play in Phoenix. Lakers may have to throw in #1 from Houston.

you should definitely post your trade idea on the trade board or on the suns board, get the ball rolling on this :D
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,924

Post#70 » by tugs » Thu Sep 4, 2014 11:21 pm

goldrodd,

Please take note of what Mr. snaquille oatmeal said. Trades are not just about matching salaries. At least try to justify your deals using one of the mentioned criteria.

Also, try to consider what Mr. dockingsched suggested. Someone out there will probably understand you. Personally, I feel bad that my brain could not comprehend the things that you are saying and I have decided I don't have the patience to further engage in any discussions with you. Could have gone with the 'ignore' route but with all these intelligent posters trying to educate you and you still resist is just beyond me.

Going back on topic, I agree Bledsoe could be had, but not with your proposal, not with any of our assets, not now. As for Beasley, I don't care if he signs or not.

Sincerely,

tugs
goldrodd
Banned User

Post#71 » by goldrodd » Fri Sep 5, 2014 8:12 pm

LApwnd wrote:
goldrodd wrote:The trade checker i.d.# 6508629 It works.I would sign Beasley and center Haseem Thabeet.

Thabeet has no actual basketball skills whatsoever, normally when you're as tall as he is teams could find some use for him, not even the Sixers want him thats how terrible he is.

Thabeet is a 7foot 3 inch gazelle. All we want him to do is protect the rim and rebound. Young, athletic and available. The Sixers have Noel and Embid. Besides he knows OKC and Durant well, it could matter at the rim.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#72 » by LApwnd » Fri Sep 5, 2014 8:17 pm

goldrodd wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

Thabeet is a 7foot 3 inch gazelle. All we want him to do is protect the rim and rebound. Young, athletic and available. The Sixers have Noel and Embid. Besides he knows OKC and Durant well, it could matter at the rim.

Embiid is most likely out for the year and thats all OKC wanted out of Thabeet too and he couldn't even deliver on those requirements you're noting he's capable of.
goldrodd
Banned User

Post#73 » by goldrodd » Fri Sep 5, 2014 8:29 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
goldrodd wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:I don't agree with your logic, it is flawed, but let's just say I agree with you then how would you bring in Bledsoe? and I want to see trade checker links and/or a sound logical explanation how you would trade Hill for Bledsoe who is adamant about getting a max deal and how this won't affect our future plans for the next two years.

give me

1. the link to trade checker not the id number
2. how will you fix the hole at center (what money to sign Thabeet after bledsoe eats up what's left))
3. why would the Suns do this trade
4. why would bledsoe want to come to the Lakers for less than what he is asking
5. make sure you use numbers (money and where it is coming from) and not just " sign this player or we should get that player"

or don't respond at all

#1.put the trade in thru tradechecker when it fails press continue it goes thru. the restriction is hill and johnson having to agree to the trade. #2 Sign Thabeet and Beasley. release Sacre. #3 Getting another #1 pick, Hill and retiring Steve Nash. # 4. 16-18 million #5. Money coming from Hill and Nash contract.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#74 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Sep 6, 2014 8:29 am

ok i'm done. there is no reasoning with this guy

ignore button time
Forum permissions